The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

K I don't follow basketball as much as I usually do this season, but I decided to watch the Slam Dunk contest and only have one question: why doesn't like LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Griffin compete in the contest? I'm not trying to say that the guys competing weren't good (there was a couple good dunks) but like c'mon this was weak. I remember watching Vince Carter in the dunk contest and needless to say I was in awe, it's just pains me to see that the main event of the NBA all-star game is about the dunk contest, and yet the best dunkers in the NBA aren't even competing.

/rant

It wasn't a buzzer beater. But I agree that in that case a celebration was in order.

However, I've seen at least a half dozen clips where he'll make a play, the other team calls a time-out and he runs to his bench and starts chest-bumping and screaming stuff.

You don't watch much basketball do you? Players do that all the time, Lin's celebrations are nothing compared to some other players. He has the right to, his game is amazing and most of his plays are sick. That game winning 3 (while it wasn't technically a buzzer beater, it had the same feel since there was 0.5 on the clock anyway) was well worthy of that celebration. It's not like he's cocky either, he always credits the whole team and is extremely humble.. unlike players like Kobe and LeBron.

LeBron say he'll only join the dunk contest if the winner gets a million

Real classy

Isn't there a rule about these contests that only the players in their first 3 years in the league can participate?

I'm pretty sure anyone can be involved in the dunk contest. If that is what LeBron actually said and it turns out be true, then allI can say is WOW!

I want to see a dunk contest with Griffin, DeRozan, LeBron James, and Howard.

The dunk contest would still be great even if they had guys like Andre Igoudala, DeAndre Jordan, Derrick Rose, and Dwayne Wade.

I think players don't want to be in the dunk comp because it's just unneeded stress. There's only so many types of dunks that are humanly possible and I'm pretty sure most of them have been done before. It all comes down to creativity, planning, and thinking of new ways to do existing dunks. Plus all the pressure and hype that goes towards it usually leads to it being a letdown anyway.

Future of the dunk comp will be interesting in the next couple years.. hard to see it improving

Just heard from John Shannon that the Raptors could have acquired Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki in exchange for Vince Carter and Antonio Davis.

Now at the time this deal may have been considered terrible for the Raptors, but looking at it now, it would have been a steal for them.

You probably can't remember this but Vince was a HUGE star

Indeed. He was a beast. Everyone loved the guy. That's why it hurt as much as it did when he just quit playing for the team, and then demanded to leave. Became a villain.

If true, it's hard to deal with the fact that Nash and Nowitzki were ever on the table (however long ago), when you look at what they got in the end.

Did you even read my entire post?

I even said that at the time this deal would have been terrible, of course I remember he was a huge star. One of my favourite NBA players of all time. I was talking about how in the long run (like now) this deal would have been considered a steal for the Raptors.

Did you even read my entire post?

I even said that at the time this deal would have been terrible, of course I remember he was a huge star. One of my favourite NBA players of all time. I was talking about how in the long run (like now) this deal would have been considered a steal for the Raptors.

whats the point of "looking back at it now" knowing VC was a stud

anyone here still follow the Grizzlies?

they're looking pretty good right now. But they're in dire need of a backup PG. What are some good options out there?

Golden state fan here!

Memphis has a good team. They kept there core together and I think they will make a run to the confrense finals this year

Rudy gay is A star ,gasol a great center,wich is rare These days,,Mayo is a perfect bench player and the still have zach randolf hurt who is comming back. That's a pretty good team right there

Indeed. He was a beast. Everyone loved the guy. That's why it hurt as much as it did when he just quit playing for the team, and then demanded to leave. Became a villain.

If true, it's hard to deal with the fact that Nash and Nowitzki were ever on the table (however long ago), when you look at what they got in the end.

And they traded him away for practically nothing..

Mourning didn't play for the Raptors

Alvin Williams and the other Williams did jack all.

Archived