The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Orlando just beefed up their roster which those changes. Arenas for Lewis straight up? not too long ago Arenas was a superstar the change of scenery and getting away from the Wizards organization will do him good. Arenas>Lewis. With that said they still wont be able to beat the Celtics.

Ohyeah and it's too bad Carter and Nash didnt get to play together a bit earlier in their careers. I wonder if they can still get something going with Nash's passes and Carters dunks or if those 2 together on the same team will be the NBA equivalent of the Favre and Moss experiment.

Lakers have been my team since '99, and thats never gonna change. Time for the second three-peat of the century boys.

Hells yeah..I gotta say I've always loved the purple and gold..been a fan since the early 80s..never was a Jordan fan..in fact had a strong dislike for the bulls..Magic Johnson is the main reason I ever started watching basketball and the Lakers are still fun to watch to this day..:towel:

Hells yeah..I gotta say I've always loved the purple and gold..been a fan since the early 80s..never was a Jordan fan..in fact had a strong dislike for the bulls..Magic Johnson is the main reason I ever started watching basketball and the Lakers are still fun to watch to this day..:towel:

I loved the good old Shaq days. He was dominant with help of Kobe. Nowadays Kobe is the dominant one.

Orlando just beefed up their roster which those changes. Arenas for Lewis straight up? not too long ago Arenas was a superstar the change of scenery and getting away from the Wizards organization will do him good. Arenas>Lewis. With that said they still wont be able to beat the Celtics.

They added Richardson and Turk, who was a big piece in their NBA finals team. They don't have the star power of Boston/Miami but they've got talent throughout their roster and I wouldn't be surprised if they make it past both Boston (age, wear, tear, etc.) and Miami (lack of depth).

C: Howard

PF: Turk

SF: Richardson

SG: Arenas

PG: Nelson

Phoenix loses the trades, imo.

I think it's a good trade for both teams.

It's good for Orlando because they get the best player in the deal (Richardson). They also get Turkoglu to replace Lewis' production at the 3/4, and give them another playmaker. It was obvious they missed Turkoglu after his departure as they no longer had a late-game closer. He's not the same player he once was, but he should be able to fit in well as a playmaker, an area they've lacked in.

This trade also helps Phoenix both near term and long term. In the present, the key to this deal is Gortat. They needed another big man, and he has promise. They now have 3 legitimate bigs. And in Carter, they get a guy that can potentially replace J-Rich's production. Give him a chance to gel with Nash. He hasn't played alongside an elite playmaker since he tore it up in NJ with Kidd.

This deal also helps Phoenix in the long-term. With an average looking team and Nash's contract expiring after this year, this offseason could be one of significant change for Phoenix. They may go into re-build, and this deal was likely designed with that in mind. Most importantly, they got rid of Turkoglu's albatross contract. Also, they managed to get something in return for Richardson, who likely would've been gone after this season as a UFA. Carter likely won't last in Phoenix, but in Pietrus and Gortat they get two guys who should fit in well and be part of the future. Also, they get a 1st round pick and cash.

I think it's a good trade for both teams.

It's good for Orlando because they get the best player in the deal (Richardson). They also get Turkoglu to replace Lewis' production at the 3/4, and give them another playmaker. It was obvious they missed Turkoglu after his departure as they no longer had a late-game closer. He's not the same player he once was, but he should be able to fit in well as a playmaker, an area they've lacked in.

This trade also helps Phoenix both near term and long term. In the present, the key to this deal is Gortat. They needed another big man, and he has promise. They now have 3 legitimate bigs. And in Carter, they get a guy that can potentially replace J-Rich's production. Give him a chance to gel with Nash. He hasn't played alongside an elite playmaker since he tore it up in NJ with Kidd.

This deal also helps Phoenix in the long-term. With an average looking team and Nash's contract expiring after this year, this offseason could be one of significant change for Phoenix. They may go into re-build, and this deal was likely designed with that in mind. Most importantly, they got rid of Turkoglu's albatross contract. Also, they managed to get something in return for Richardson, who likely would've been gone after this season as a UFA. Carter likely won't last in Phoenix, but in Pietrus and Gortat they get two guys who should fit in well and be part of the future. Also, they get a 1st round pick and cash.

You're right. I didn't know J-Rich will be a free agent in the offseason. I thought it wouldn't make sense to trade one of the better scorers in the league for no reason. It makes sense to trade him and get something for the future. I think Gortat is one of the keys to this trade as well. He was stuck on the bench in Orlando behind Howard, and I think he'll show how good he is playing with Nash. Pietrus is also a decent player. He's a good defender and can shoot the three. I don't think Carter can bring the dependable scoring J-Rich brought to the Suns, but he'll have some good games playing with Nash. Of course, the 1st round pick will help the Suns too.

For Washington, I think trading Arenas will help Wall's development. They get a reliable post scorer in Lewis and free up some PT for Wall by getting rid of Arenas.

Orlando had to do this trade as Miami and Boston are looking like the teams to beat in the East. Orlando's window to win the championship is now and they bring in a good scorer in J-Rich, a player with past success on the team in Turkoglu, and one of the most dynamic scorers in the league in Arenas (if fully healthy). The lineup of Nelson, Arenas, J-Rich, Turkoglu and Howard can match up well with Heat and Celtics, imo.

Archived