The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

The Hornet

it's amazing, got it after work yesterday (9:00) and played till 2:00.

i was just getting a hang of bf3 too, oh well that will just have to wait.

not sure if this needs to be in spoilers but...

drake's personality seems a little different, like maybe he's been treasure hunting to long and now it's an addiction. i think there will be some interesting stuff latter on in the story.

finished it last night.

i'm actually a bit disappointed.

1. it seemed short

2. the story was not as well defined as the "drake's fortune" and "among thieves." i didn't really know what the curse was or really any background stuff about it.

3. i think sully should have actually been killed, it would have made an easy way to make the story longer and brought more drama to it. i thought i was going to cry...

4. there were hardly any puzles to figure out, it seemed like a lot more gun fights and by the time i got to the desert city i was sick of shooting people.

5. saleem's character should have been more defined, like tenzin was in #2.

6. the spiders and flaming demons were never explained, they just happened...(the flame demons kinda scared me though when they'd teleport. not as bad as the zombies from the 1st one though...)

overall though, great game. there were parts that were better than the the first two games, but i expected a bit more from this one.

1 good thing i have to say though, i felt like i was part of the game at times...when i was chasing (can't remember his name...the guy with the poison darts...) through the city the first time and he swung that door in my face...i actually jumped and yelled ouch!

I agree with every point you made. Especially the zombie part. I even texted my friend who beat it before me to let me know if there was anything scarier than the zombies.

Anyways a few other points

- Elena could have been in it more

- no closure on Chloe and Cutter

- seemed like there was less epic moments than the first two games, but it's been a while since I've played those.

- when Drake was wandering the desert lost, I've never felt so sympathetic for a character (might be the best part of the game for me)

- and what was with that old woman saying something about Drake's real name (did they go further indepth with that?)

- those horses are really fast!

I feel like I need to play the second game again to understand what was going on with the rings between Drake and Elena. I was so out of the loop when they encountered for the first time in this game.

I agree with every point you made. Especially the zombie part. I even texted my friend who beat it before me to let me know if there was anything scarier than the zombies.

Anyways a few other points

- Elena could have been in it more

- no closure on Chloe and Cutter

- seemed like there was less epic moments than the first two games, but it's been a while since I've played those.

- when Drake was wandering the desert lost, I've never felt so sympathetic for a character (might be the best part of the game for me)

- and what was with that old woman saying something about Drake's real name (did they go further indepth with that?)

- those horses are really fast!

I feel like I need to play the second game again to understand what was going on with the rings between Drake and Elena. I was so out of the loop when they encountered for the first time in this game.

finished it last night.

i'm actually a bit disappointed.

1. it seemed short

2. the story was not as well defined as the "drake's fortune" and "among thieves." i didn't really know what the curse was or really any background stuff about it.

3. i think sully should have actually been killed, it would have made an easy way to make the story longer and brought more drama to it. i thought i was going to cry...

4. there were hardly any puzles to figure out, it seemed like a lot more gun fights and by the time i got to the desert city i was sick of shooting people.

5. saleem's character should have been more defined, like tenzin was in #2.

6. the spiders and flaming demons were never explained, they just happened...(the flame demons kinda scared me though when they'd teleport. not as bad as the zombies from the 1st one though...)

overall though, great game. there were parts that were better than the the first two games, but i expected a bit more from this one.

1 good thing i have to say though, i felt like i was part of the game at times...when i was chasing (can't remember his name...the guy with the poison darts...) through the city the first time and he swung that door in my face...i actually jumped and yelled ouch!

Well, finished it today

My biggest complaint is that it was too short. But let's be realistic, that's a good complaint to have in some instances. This is one of those ones that is just so good, that you never want it to end. Took me less than 10 hours though...They could have fleshed more out, like you guys said.

It felt as if there was no closure, which seems like a clear hint at Uncharted 4. Seems like a no-brainer for that anyway, since this game is clearly a hit. Hoping it doesn't turn into Call of Duty, but I don't feel like this game is in it for the Multiplayer, the story is just too good.

Archived