http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx

PC System Requirements:

http://www.bethblog....ents-announced/

Recommended Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • 4GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD space
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation
Minimum Specs

• Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
  • 2GB System RAM
  • 6GB free HDD Space
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
  • DirectX compatible sound card
  • Internet access for Steam activation

UPDATE 4 (Oct 26):

Added PC System Requirements.

UPDATE 3 (Feb 25):

Gameplay trailer added above.

UPDATE 2 (Jan 21):

Game Informers posted two wallpers for Skyrim:

skyrim1_2D00_1920x1080.jpg

skyrimwallpaper610.jpg

Source: http://www.gameinfor...wallpapers.aspx

UPDATE 1 (Jan 7):

February Game Informer magazine's featured cover:

cov_214_front.jpg

Source: http://www.gameinfor...s-v-skyrim.aspx

Also scans from the magazine can be found in the link below.

55d9c6bb0481a301e2763940d044c28774d18e6d9f01c0eb19a1f06a1a2ff94f6g.jpg]

Source: http://www.thenexusf...kyrim-gi-scans/

DAMNNNN I CAN'T WAIT. I heard it was going to be in Skyrim. I hope that the crappy book Infernal City is not official canon. That idiot Greg Keyes screwed up the entire Elder Scrolls world.

I hope they release an anthology or something that contains all the in-game books, manuscripts and what have you. There are just way too many of them in the game for me to read on the monitor.

I bet you it is Jeremy Soule again. That guy is a genius. He did the music for Morrowind, Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Guild Wars, etc.

But I never heard any Latin lyrics from his music before, assuming it's Latin. That's why I'm kind of excited.

I don't want to wait 11 months for this, it has been to long since oblivion came out.

The wait for Elder Scrolls IV was excruciating. I was checking the official website several times every day.

When it finally came out, it was a letdown. They took steps forward in terms of artificial intelligence, physics, combat system, and graphics. However, I felt it lost a step in things such as the bartering system and the world didn't seem as expansive as Morrowind or Daggerfall. Having cities in a different cell also didn't feel very open like in Morrowind. Mournhold was kind of a crappy city to be in, they should have learned from that when making the Imperial City.

What I am glad is that Todd Howard actually reads the Elder Scrolls forums and takes ideas from players.

The wait for Elder Scrolls IV was excruciating. I was checking the official website several times every day.

When it finally came out, it was a letdown. They took steps forward in terms of artificial intelligence, physics, combat system, and graphics. However, I felt it lost a step in things such as the bartering system and the world didn't seem as expansive as Morrowind or Daggerfall. Having cities in a different cell also didn't feel very open like in Morrowind. Mournhold was kind of a crappy city to be in, they should have learned from that when making the Imperial City.

What I am glad is that Todd Howard actually reads the Elder Scrolls forums and takes ideas from players.

It's nearly impossible to make an expansive and deep game like Morrowind with Mass Effect graphics. One of the two has to suffer. Either you have a deep game with crappy graphics or a visually stunning game with a "shallow" feel like Oblivion or Fable. Especially if you want to port it to the Xbox and PS3. Daggerfall was such a bad game. Morrowind is definitely the clearcut "best" game of the series. If done right, Skyrim could surpass it. Because Nords are such Bad Apples

The one thing I hope they change is the "zonal" system. I thought it was perfect in Morrowind that some zones were meant for higher levels and vice versa. It made the whole griding to make a high level character worthwhile

I just hope it doesn't feel like an Expansion.

Awesome!

I don't know...I liked Oblivion. I wasn't a big fan of Morrowind...I'm not sure I ever finished it (though, at the time I bought it and played it I was probably too young to appreciate it). I think the loading times in Oblivion were drastically reduced compared to Morrowind and that was a huge plus. The one thing I didn't like about Oblivion was that I found all those gates/portals to that other plane or whatever tedious and boring after a while so I'd avoid them if possible.

But games like Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas are great because they are so expansive and take a long time to play.

Awesome!

I don't know...I liked Oblivion. I wasn't a big fan of Morrowind...I'm not sure I ever finished it (though, at the time I bought it and played it I was probably too young to appreciate it). I think the loading times in Oblivion were drastically reduced compared to Morrowind and that was a huge plus. The one thing I didn't like about Oblivion was that I found all those gates/portals to that other plane or whatever tedious and boring after a while so I'd avoid them if possible.

But games like Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas are great because they are so expansive and take a long time to play.

I didn't like Oblivion's scenery. Cyrodiil was supposed to be a dense jungle, they changed it for the worse in my opinion. The world was also half the size of Morrowind.

Archived