The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Surprised no one else prefers dual wielding. Has to be the most fun option.

But still, I think it's best to keep your attack versatile. That's why my blocking and archery are both at 50. It's fun to overpower a skill, but it leaves you vulnerable if you're not prepared for all situations.

But still, I think it's best to keep your attack versatile. That's why my blocking and archery are both at 50. It's fun to overpower a skill, but it leaves you vulnerable if you're not prepared for all situations.

not if ur blocking has elemental protection wink.gif

yeah dual wielding is fun but not too realistic

You kidding? rather be a wood elf and pretend to be legolas.tongue.gif

Edit: now that I think about it Legolas did have 2 swords....

I guess overall it's not that practical to begin with, but the stronger your character gets, the more effective it becomes. Initially you kinda have to go with sword/shield. But then I started going with a mode A with dual wielding for casual fights, and mode B where I put grabbed on my shield and helmet to prepare to be fought back at. And then as my sword attack increased in overall damage, I found I only needed that mode B in the most dire of cases.

The idea is to try to kill enemies quickly, before they can even fight back. For giants, I just run head on at them and slice at their knees as fast as I can. It now works.

Adding to the opinion that most people are Wood Elves that use a Bow.....I'm a Wood Elf that uses a Bow. At least I was.

As soon as I got my Sneaking and Archery up to 100, I switched to Dual Casting Magic. I don't see a point in using the Bow when it's maxed out, when I can improve something else instead.

My Bow skill is awesome and I own with it, but the game is more challenging if I use 2 spells or a sword and shield.

Adding to the opinion that most people are Wood Elves that use a Bow.....I'm a Wood Elf that uses a Bow. At least I was.

As soon as I got my Sneaking and Archery up to 100, I switched to Dual Casting Magic. I don't see a point in using the Bow when it's maxed out, when I can improve something else instead.

My Bow skill is awesome and I own with it, but the game is more challenging if I use 2 spells or a sword and shield.

I agree with this. I'm maxed out in archery and in the high 80s with sneak. Although I can own enemies with it, it's not entirely fun. A while ago I switched to light shield and a mace. Pretty fun so far.

I always just wait for it to land, then go and hack it to pieces. Never fails. A bit of destruction magic helps.

not sure about skyrim dragon's but don't dragons in general have high magic resistance...

so magic would be weak versus dragons in skyrim right?

not if ur blocking has elemental protection wink.gif

yeah dual wielding is fun but not too realistic

In a game where there is magic you think dual wielding is unrealistic? I think it is a completely legit play style and you can go dual wield all the way through the game, I did as an Argonian and while some fights are much more difficult it usually just takes a bit of strategy such as taking out the weaker enemies first so your not surrounded and stuff like that. Once you get some perks your Dual Wielding deals amazing amounts of damage and can down some of the toughest opponents before they can get anymore then a few swings in.

And I won't deny bows are probably one of the most popular but I will argue with wood elves because I'm a Kahjiit Archer thats uses H2H in close combat.emot-parrot.gif

I have a couple questions again. I bought the house in Windhelm and I'd like to furnish it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the warden who can sell me the decorations. Any tips?

Also, I'm thinking about joining the dark brotherhood, which is a stealthy occupation if I am correct. My character is an orc, and I was wondering if that is going to prove difficult.

I have a couple questions again. I bought the house in Windhelm and I'd like to furnish it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the warden who can sell me the decorations. Any tips?

Also, I'm thinking about joining the dark brotherhood, which is a stealthy occupation if I am correct. My character is an orc, and I was wondering if that is going to prove difficult.

For the house I have no idea. Maybe find out where the warden lives on the internet...and go to his actual house in Windhelm? I assume the castle is where he actually lives though.

Dark Brotherhood can be stealth if you want, but it doesn't really have to be. In the DB, you're allowed to kill whoever you want and how many people you want in order to achieve the main goal.

The Thieves Guild is the more stealthier group. Not supposed to kill anyone besides the guy you're sent to. Sometimes you don't kill anybody, you just go in and steal something.

Archived