The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I'm only level 6 right now, working out of whiterun. What's the easiest way of raising 5k of gold to buy my first house? And what level should I be to take on the assassins?

Thanks in advance :)

what dragon slayer said is good. also finding a good mine will make you a lot of money. there's one in kynesgrove(just south of windhelm) and another one just southeast of that in an orc village.

Damn!!

http://www.gamezone....k-of-april-23rd

Skyrim Kinect expected to release during week of April 23rd

As most of you know by now,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be getting Kinect support for the Xbox 360 version of the game. Bethesda announced the free title update - which will feature "more than 200 Voice Commands...including the game's dragon shouts" - yesterday and said it would be coming this month.

According to an interview with CNN, Skyrim Kinect is expected to release during the week of April 23rd. Although there are plans to include support for five languages - English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish - only the English version is expected to release at first. THe other versions will follow "close behind".

"Working closely with the talented team at Bethesda, they have done an amazing job of honoring the core gameplay functionality fans of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim know and love and using Kinect for Xbox 360 voice control integration to complement and strengthen the core experience without changing the fundamental game mechanics," said GM of Xbox Marketing Matt Barlow.

The new Kinect integration for Skyrim includes voice commands for Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills). You will also be able to quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and inventories. In addition, Skyrim Kinect for Xbox 360 support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value.

While this was likely the "April surprise" for Skyrim that Bethesda's Pete Hines referred to last month, we are still awaiting what the surprise for Rage will be. Hines promised, "Some things coming down the road in April for all you Rage and Skyrim fans."

So now that Skyrim Kinect has been announced, what are you hoping Bethesda will unveil forRage?

Any word on expansions yet? My destruction mage is lvl 56 and seems to be running out of things to do besides grinding lvls on stuff he doesnt use like illusion and light armor.

Tho he did jsut get master destruction spells and will start decimating towns with Blizzard soon if he runs out of stuff to do.

• 2 weeks later...

just picked this beauty up, and to be honest im overwhelmed with what to do any pointers guys

I adventured quite early - without a sidekick - and got mullered. Don't make the same mistake! Other than that, save often, explore everywhere, don't kill chickens, and leave the mammoths alone. Giants be tough when you're a level 4 dual-caster...

I adventured quite early - without a sidekick - and got mullered. Don't make the same mistake! Other than that, save often, explore everywhere, don't kill chickens, and leave the mammoths alone. Giants be tough when you're a level 4 dual-caster...

haha kk where can i snag a side kick?

My first was Lydia, who you can pick up from Riverrun after completing a mission from the Jarl. You can get Sven or Faendal from Riverwood (?), and in most towns there are mercenaries in the inn that you can hire for 500 gold. But I've never done that so can't recommend it :)

if you have a bit of cash to spare(500), i recommend marcurio. he's a mage that you can hire from the bar in riften. i like him cause he always stays out of your way in battle, i killed my first follower(accidentally) cause she got in the way.

he saved me many times and followed me until i got my armor skills up.

^ do the guild quests to earn lots of money or you can exploit the game and enchant a bunch of daggers.

Make your own Iron Daggers, It only takes 1 leather strips and 1 iron ingot. It gets your smithing up and you can unlock other smithing metals. Wear enchantments that can add onto your Smithing, you can wear 4 pieces in total which will make them 100% better (if your enchanting is at 100) Make sure you get the 2 skills per enchantment option in the skill tree.

Use conjuration with Bound Sword, Flame Antronach, get that up to a level where you can choose the Soul Trap on Bound Weapons so you can soul trap animals, etc. with empty soul gems. Use them to Enchant the daggers. I suggest using the petty gems as anything over that will not add onto extra coin. It can get maddening though.

Also work on your Speechcraft, items get sold for more the higher this skill is. (There is an exploit in Riften's Black Briar Meadery, you have to be level 25 in Speechcraft for it to trigger, talk to the guy behind the counter, ask him about Maven Black Briar, Bribe him, ask him again, then Persuade.. Keep asking and persuading. It takes some time but you'll be able to make some good coin that way, also wear enchantments that add to your Barter skill.

Plus just exploring caves, etc. will get you some good loot, the higher level you are the better the loot too.

I found the best companion in Riften, Mjoll the Lioness. I think you have to be level 15 or higher for her quest to trigger, it's a hard quest at a low level so be careful. Once completed ask her to join you, she never dies! Other companions die easy, all she does is go to one knee like she is a character that is necessary to one of the quest lines and gets up after a bit (or you can cast a healing spell on her). She can wear heavy armor, use two handed weapons and bows.

Get the Invest perk in the Speechcraft skill tree, go to the Riverwood Trader, invest in his business, he will have about 15,000 gold every 2 days to buy your higher end items.

When buying a house, try to stand next to a barrel, chest of drawers, etc. When you select buy house, quickly exit the dialogue, drop all your gold into the drawer, you will have the house and your gold too.

nice tip on buying the house I'll have to try to keep my gold next time.

Hoarding gold is the most tricky part of this game - there's ALWAYS something you need to buy!

I have about 30 quests on my questline (not to mention all the minor quests!) - is there ever an end to them?

Hoarding gold is the most tricky part of this game - there's ALWAYS something you need to buy!

I have about 30 quests on my questline (not to mention all the minor quests!) - is there ever an end to them?

After 200-250 hours or so they begin to dry up, but they're still there even then. The game is freakin awesome like that.

Archived