The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

After level 20 or so you dont have to worry about gold so much. Long as you work on your speechcraft and dump a couple talent points into it so you get top dollar for what you bring back from quests it works out well.

Dawnguard.jpg

Bethesda has given a teaser of of the upcoming DLC /expansion Dawnguard to be out sometime this summer. Rumor is it is heavy on the backstory of the snow elves ( who after being made slaves and poisoned while working underground for the Dwemer for hundreds of years degenerated into the falmer)

Bethesda Announces the First DLC for Skyrim, DawnguardMay 1, 2012

180px-SR-DLC-Dawnguard.jpg

Bethesda Softworks has revealed that the first DLC for
will be called
"Dawnguard"
in the latest
. Besides the name, an image of the
with glowing eyes was included. The DLC is slated for release this Summer on the
, with any plans for release on the PC or
still pending due to a previous agreement to release the first two major expansions to the game exclusively on the Xbox 360 for thirty days. Dawnguard originally was brought to public attention when Bethedsa Dawnguard last February, creating some speculation about what it could be. As of now, there is little to suggest what Dawnguard could be about, with both "Dawn" and "Guard" being common terms throughout the franchise. The next planned release of information relating to the DLC is scheduled for a reveal at
. Those curious about what Bethesda has planned will have to wait until June 5th at the earliest, the scheduled date for the opening of this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

~~~~~~~

Kind of sucks having to wait longer for the PS3 dlc. I had a feeling I should have got it for the 360 (since I've played Morrowind and Oblivion) Speaking of Morrowind, it's their tenth anniversary!

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Everyones right, I no longer have a social life.

I'm now level 33, master pickpocketing at 100 and trying to master smithing.

I've only done 2 of the main quests and finished the Dark Brotherhood, Empire Legion and a few other quests.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Everyones right, I no longer have a social life.

I'm now level 33, master pickpocketing at 100 and trying to master smithing.

I've only done 2 of the main quests and finished the Dark Brotherhood, Empire Legion and a few other quests.

I found out that I can't get the house in Windhelm because I finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line (on ps3). For some reason the quest won't trigger which allows you to buy the house. They either need to patch that or let it go if you've done the DB quests and just be able to buy it. It's a pain in the ass because it's the best house there is for displaying weapons and armor.

I found out that I can't get the house in Windhelm because I finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line (on ps3). For some reason the quest won't trigger which allows you to buy the house. They either need to patch that or let it go if you've done the DB quests and just be able to buy it. It's a pain in the ass because it's the best house there is for displaying weapons and armor.

i can't buy it either, and i haven't finished the DB.(one of the only things i haven't finished...) i want the house so bad :(

I ended up wiping out the Dark Brotherhood, and I couldn't buy the house for a while there. I don't know what the entire problem was, but I couldn't become Jarl either, so I think it was deeper than just that.

When I killed Ulfric after I finished the game, those things were then triggered.

When I killed Ulfric after I finished the game, those things were then triggered.

I took the Stormcloaks side in the Civil War quest line, I know it's really glitchy too so I only did up to Liberation of Skyrim: Rescue From Fort Neugrad. After I did this Jorleif / Ulfric says there is a house available for purchase, when I ask about it they just say there is a mess that needs to be cleaned up with it. I even tried fast travelling in and out of the city 4 times (which worked on a new account I created)

I took the Stormcloaks side in the Civil War quest line, I know it's really glitchy too so I only did up to Liberation of Skyrim: Rescue From Fort Neugrad. After I did this Jorleif / Ulfric says there is a house available for purchase, when I ask about it they just say there is a mess that needs to be cleaned up with it. I even tried fast travelling in and out of the city 4 times (which worked on a new account I created)

Did you solve the murder case? Pretty sure you have to do that before you can buy it or at least trigger the mission I think.

Did you solve the murder case? Pretty sure you have to do that before you can buy it or at least trigger the mission I think.

Personally I did... But it was buggy as all hell. The only thing that triggered properly was the start of that quest. I actually had to look up how you were supposed to do it, because nothing was working for me. Though after finally killing whatshisface, it said the quest was completed... That was it. No one had anything to say about it, including the Steward. There was a glitch in there somewhere.

Also, when I finally was allowed to buy the house, the blood and all was still there from the murders. That included the mess left over in the hidden murder room.

Have you done the Empire missions or the murder (Blood on Ice) quest? That might help? Basically to trigger it go to the cemetery in Windhelm at around 10pm and they will be surrounding a coffin talking about who murdered the person.

There are definitely a few glitches in this game. Typical bethesda, just like in Fallout.

Have you done the Empire missions or the murder (Blood on Ice) quest? That might help? Basically to trigger it go to the cemetery in Windhelm at around 10pm and they will be surrounding a coffin talking about who murdered the person.

There are definitely a few glitches in this game. Typical bethesda, just like in Fallout.

I know how it's supposed to trigger but because I did the Dark Brotherhood quests there is a glitch that won't let it start. I did start a new game / character to see if it worked without doing the Brotherhood quests and it worked. But my other character is level 74 and I;m close to finishing everything else.

Archived