The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I'm a complete n00b at this game and I feel overwhelmed as frack with all the stuff there is. I'll get used to this game....right?

It's easier to get into if you're already experienced with other Bethesda games. But it's still not too hard if you're not.

You can take in any direction you want really. If you want to go finish the main quest you can do that, or if you want to do and see everything gradually, I'd recommend going to one city, finishing all it's quests that you can, before moving on to the next city. It's an easyish way to tackle everything.

Really all it usually takes is one mission to get you interested and along the way you find more missions that keep you going you just got to talk to as many people as you can, that opens up a lot more side quests.

If people think this is hard to get into they better steer clear of Morrowind, it doesn't even have any mission markers. Some argue it is a better experience once you get past the graphics/loading times though.

I just picked up the game and I am doing a Lets Play if you guys want to watch it here is a link to the play list on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

I will be posting a episode everyday until I finish the main story.

Loving it!

I like seeing how other people play this game.

and lol @ (I'm assuming) your g/f asking when you're coming to bed in the second video.

Really all it usually takes is one mission to get you interested and along the way you find more missions that keep you going you just got to talk to as many people as you can, that opens up a lot more side quests.

If people think this is hard to get into they better steer clear of Morrowind, it doesn't even have any mission markers. Some argue it is a better experience once you get past the graphics/loading times though.

I loved Morrowind. The long travel was kind of a hassle but it was still fun.

I just picked up the game and I am doing a Lets Play if you guys want to watch it here is a link to the play list on youtube

http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

I will be posting a episode everyday until I finish the main story.

Was watching through the bit where you struggled mightily with the locks, only to open the door and find the cage empty. Made me lol.

I haven't played since Sunday and am having serious withdrawal symptoms. But I'm also feeling shame and guilt for killing the hunter woman that lives down by the Guardian stones -that was my last act of the session, and I don't want to be reminded of how the red mist came down...

I'm just trying to get the Daedric artifacts and level 50 achievements with my top character this morning and then was thinking about finally making a magic user and doing the Mages collage and the Campanions guild, the only other factions I have yet to complete almost got all the achievements.

It's easier to get into if you're already experienced with other Bethesda games. But it's still not too hard if you're not.

You can take in any direction you want really. If you want to go finish the main quest you can do that, or if you want to do and see everything gradually, I'd recommend going to one city, finishing all it's quests that you can, before moving on to the next city. It's an easyish way to tackle everything.

Alright. I'm just a bit overwhelmed by all the items, and magic, and options lol.

Yep ive only had it for two weeks and im totally into it now

Good news.

Well I got the game on PS3 a couple weeks back, spent hours and hours on a main file, completed a good bit of quest lines (Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild pretty much done, main quests, College of Winterhold both finished, was getting into the Companions... So many side-quests, was around level 35), and decided to make a new file to mess around on. Little did I know, that would overwrite my main file. e.e

Did so much, but still had so much I wanted to do on it. Ah well, glad I know for next time.

Well I got the game on PS3 a couple weeks back, spent hours and hours on a main file, completed a good bit of quest lines (Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild pretty much done, main quests, College of Winterhold both finished, was getting into the Companions... So many side-quests, was around level 35), and decided to make a new file to mess around on. Little did I know, that would overwrite my main file. e.e

Did so much, but still had so much I wanted to do on it. Ah well, glad I know for next time.

I always roll 2 saves per character I make just in case of disasters like this, happened more than a few time to me. :picard:

Iwas thinking about finally making a magic user and doing the Mages collage and the Campanions guild, the only other factions I have yet to complete almost got all the achievements.

you dont need to be a magic user to do the mages college quests. My dual sword char completed all the quest lines at the college and he never learned more than a few simple self healing spells. Tho I did reroll a destruction mage, Now lvl 64. Whos so much more powerful. Fully upgraded and dual enchanted Daedric armor + 102% cost reduction on all destruction spells equals a very tough to kill character who can chain cast master lvl spells all day long without using any magika. Fun to play.

you dont need to be a magic user to do the mages college quests. My dual sword char completed all the quest lines at the college and he never learned more than a few simple self healing spells. Tho I did reroll a destruction mage, Now lvl 64. Whos so much more powerful. Fully upgraded and dual enchanted Daedric armor + 102% cost reduction on all destruction spells equals a very tough to kill character who can chain cast master lvl spells all day long without using any magika. Fun to play.

Yeah I know but I didn't feel like doing it before but now I feel like making a new character so it works out perfectly.

should i be selling my dragon scales and bones? or storing them in my house

Store them, don't sell them. You'll eventually use them to craft dragonscale armour and whatever the heavy armour equivalent is.

should i be selling my dragon scales and bones? or storing them in my house

Only worry about the Scales really the bones you always get lots of but every kind of dragon armor needs the scales.

Archived