The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

should i be selling my dragon scales and bones? or storing them in my house

Legendary Daedric armor is the best heavy armor in the game. Period. It is better than the harder to make Legendary heavy dragon armor. If your going heavy armor sell off those dragon pieces. Legendary Dragonscale is the best light armor in the game. Period. Neither are really worth getting until you have 100 enchanting to dual enchant all the pieces. So if you have the need for lighter armor save up that Dragon loot. Otherwise sell it. At later levels I see no reason to be using less than Daedric since by then you should have the heavy armor perk conditioning which makes it all weightless anyways.but before that yeah, lighter has its advantages.

God I love this game. After over a week away from it, I faced up to my guilt over killing that huntress. Loaded the game, where I'm still looking down on her corpse. I turn round, walk about 50 yards, and that rousing music hits. Yup, you guessed it, a dragon. Punishment for killing the huntress or what?

Needless to say, old frosty breath is no longer with us :)

Legendary Daedric armor is the best heavy armor in the game. Period. It is better than the harder to make Legendary heavy dragon armor. If your going heavy armor sell off those dragon pieces. Legendary Dragonscale is the best light armor in the game. Period. Neither are really worth getting until you have 100 enchanting to dual enchant all the pieces. So if you have the need for lighter armor save up that Dragon loot. Otherwise sell it. At later levels I see no reason to be using less than Daedric since by then you should have the heavy armor perk conditioning which makes it all weightless anyways.but before that yeah, lighter has its advantages.

i wear armor for it's looks, not for it's protection. glass armor > than all. but i switch regularly.

i wear armor for it's looks, not for it's protection. glass armor > than all. but i switch regularly.

Glass armor is the coolest light but he is right Daedric is the coolest and best heavy especially if you throw on the masque of clavicus vile or something on it I also do this with the ebony mail from boethiah and it looks pretty sick.

I wore leather armour for the entire game. I never upgraded to glass. Partially because I thought it actually looked bad, and second because I liked the idea of being able to keep the same armour and weapons throughout the journey, letting them serve as a sort of personal legendary set (Yes, I realize how lame that sounds, lol). In other RPGs you're always chucking away your items as soon as you find something better to replace it with. I like games like this where they allow you to keep your weapons and such by letting you constantly upgrade them, to keep them at servicable levels.

Plus, when you have weaker armour and weapons, it allows for the game to at least be challenging. After 230+ hours, and finishing almost everything in the game, I decided to finally craft some ultimate armour. My smithing was only at 80, and my enchanting at 70, so I just sat around maxing those out, to create that double enchanted dragonscale set.... and now I'm invincible, and it's no fun. It really isn't when no one can really hurt you.

I'm still dual-wielding the same skyforge steel swords I have since the very beginning (the first being the one that Eorlund gave me for joining the Companions). And now because of my new armour's enchantments they actually dole out 187 damage each. I'm going around killing many enemies with one attack. If I upgraded to a better sword, I could probably take out the hardest enemies by just trading blows with them. That's not really my idea of fun, so it's a good thing I never used those upgrade exploits until I finished the game.

I wore leather armour for the entire game. I never upgraded to glass. Partially because I thought it actually looked bad, and second because I liked the idea of being able to keep the same armour and weapons throughout the journey, letting them serve as a sort of personal legendary set (Yes, I realize how lame that sounds, lol). In other RPGs you're always chucking away your items as soon as you find something better to replace it with. I like games like this where they allow you to keep your weapons and such by letting you constantly upgrade them, to keep them at servicable levels.

Plus, when you have weaker armour and weapons, it allows for the game to at least be challenging. After 230+ hours, and finishing almost everything in the game, I decided to finally craft some ultimate armour. My smithing was only at 80, and my enchanting at 70, so I just sat around maxing those out, to create that double enchanted dragonscale set.... and now I'm invincible, and it's no fun. It really isn't when no one can really hurt you.

I'm still dual-wielding the same skyforge steel swords I have since the very beginning (the first being the one that Eorlund gave me for joining the Companions). And now because of my new armour's enchantments they actually dole out 187 damage each. I'm going around killing many enemies with one attack. If I upgraded to a better sword, I could probably take out the hardest enemies by just trading blows with them. That's not really my idea of fun, so it's a good thing I never used those upgrade exploits until I finished the game.

That is actually a pretty good idea. I was thinking about going back and playing a character in one of the other games and then when finished continuing him on in the next game. Kind of like a Link through the ages or he could become a vampire and really last or in the oblivion expansion the shivering isles you become Sheogorath and a Daedric lord would last quite some time I would assume. I like the immersion you can add to the game yourself, I agree it can be a bit lame but, I find it more enjoyable on subsequent play throughs to create backstory and try and make a real character not just a guy I play in my game. It is like D&D but Bethesda is the dungeon master.

Glass armor is the coolest light but he is right Daedric is the coolest and best heavy especially if you throw on the masque of clavicus vile or something on it I also do this with the ebony mail from boethiah and it looks pretty sick.

the ebony mail is my favorite heavy armor. last time i wore it i used dragon plate gauntlets and boots and when i wanted head gear i just used a hood. not many of the helmets look good with it.

the ebony mail is my favorite heavy armor. last time i wore it i used dragon plate gauntlets and boots and when i wanted head gear i just used a hood. not many of the helmets look good with it.

Try the masque of clavicus vile it is pretty awesome looking and fits on both the ebony mail and daedric armor without looking out of place. I you trigger the quest by walking one one of the roads leading to Falkreath(I think).

Try the masque of clavicus vile it is pretty awesome looking and fits on both the ebony mail and daedric armor without looking out of place. I you trigger the quest by walking one one of the roads leading to Falkreath(I think).

It starts by you finding the talking dog on the road; he starts talking to you and wants you to make peace between him and his master. Then Clavicus Vile (his master) wants you to go to some random dungeon to get some random weapon. After you get the weapon and bring it back to Clavicus you have a choice between keeping the weapon (You have to kill the dog with the weapon, if I remember correctly, to keep it) or getting a "different" piece of armor (by saving his the dog's life); this "different" piece of armor will be the mask (Which has a pretty badass enchantment on it).

i think i tried it. i'm just not a big fan or the horns sticking off the front. i don't really need a helmet anyway, may face is cool and it's near impossible to hurt me when i wear that armor. i think i have it up to 212 armor rating and it's worth like 18,000 gold. it's crazy.

I seem to need the best of the best gear playing on master difficulty. At lvl 64 on apprentice settings yeah, I one shot incinerate most stuff and 2 shot Draugr Deathlords. But on Master it takes like 8 to 10 shots to take them down and in numbers they are a bitch and add a named crypt boss and it gets ugly.

I seem to need the best of the best gear playing on master difficulty. At lvl 64 on apprentice settings yeah, I one shot incinerate most stuff and 2 shot Draugr Deathlords. But on Master it takes like 8 to 10 shots to take them down and in numbers they are a bitch and add a named crypt boss and it gets ugly.

How many hours have you put in to get that far? I'm up to about 60 hours and I'm only a Level 21. I'm a bit miffed that, despite using the flames spell EVERY fight, my destruction skill barely improves.

How many hours have you put in to get that far? I'm up to about 60 hours and I'm only a Level 21. I'm a bit miffed that, despite using the flames spell EVERY fight, my destruction skill barely improves.

are you using the mage stone? the one that makes your magic skills go up 25% faster?

distruction did take me a long time too, now that i think of it.

I was until about 5 hours of gaming ago -then I changed it. Might have to take a trip back to the stones.

i found those 3 stones to be the most useful. besides the one that makes all skills go up slightly faster. i think i used that one most of the time. can't remember what it's called though.

Waste of time getting a stone that makes you level up faster because it is about the journey of getting to a high level in my opinion. I like the steed stone, the one that ups your health/stamina regen or the lord stone which is +50armor and +25% magic resistence.

Archived