The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

i never bothered with pick pocketing beyond the very little needed for a couple quests so no perks there. Just got the heavy armor perk where my armor has no weight and that was enough to unburden me. Even then at lvl 64 I have close to a million gold and nothing to spend it on lol.

I made a wood elf then did just what I said got the steed for no armour weight(like you said) +100 pounds capacity and got the perk for another 100 pounds, so my tiny little elf at level 10 had 500+ carry capacity so good for looting.

Incredibly annoying how the steam workshop's hardcore mode is bugged. (Gives purpose to sleeping and eating; not sleeping reduces your strength, not eating will lower health and eventually kill you, water bottles also. Sleep, eat and drink to live, just like life)

I hope it's fixed soon or I'll have to take the one from skyrim nexus.

started a new character. female breton, going for mage. i think i'm gonna have to learn how to use some of the more obscure spells to keep me alive cause without armour i am getting rocked.

I found that with my mage early on before he started wearing heavy armor it was crucial to keep my companion in the front absorbing the damage. not too easy since you still have to shoot around them without accidentally killing them is no easy task. I got to the dual enchanting perk as soon as I could so I could get heavy armor with decent enough stats to ditch the robe and actually have some chance of survival.

I found that with my mage early on before he started wearing heavy armor it was crucial to keep my companion in the front absorbing the damage. not too easy since you still have to shoot around them without accidentally killing them is no easy task. I got to the dual enchanting perk as soon as I could so I could get heavy armor with decent enough stats to ditch the robe and actually have some chance of survival.

that's lame though, i want to be able to play like a mage with mage clothing. i think i'll be able to pull it off as long as i get the right perks and figure out good spells to use(and enough magic to use them)

that's lame though, i want to be able to play like a mage with mage clothing. i think i'll be able to pull it off as long as i get the right perks and figure out good spells to use(and enough magic to use them)

Staying in a robe will be tougher. But good on ya for fightin the power. Well since its in combat that you have to worry about running out of magicka its destruction magic you need to bulk up on spell cost reduction for. 4 items with +25% reduction to destruction spell costs will make destruction spells free to cast so you can use your magicka for your summoned creatures, protection and healing spells and just chain cast incinerate all over the place without having to worry about its cost. If your going to stay in a robe you will need the dual enchanting perk as soon as reasonable to load up on the +health, +magicka, etc you will need beyond the +destructo enchants already mentioned.

My mage was a pure destruction mage. He cast very few spells outside of the destruction tree. He very rarely used illusion or restoration spells. Conjured every so often but way over 99% of his casts were destruction (with most of those being incinerate - I LOVE that spell). He was very powerful but he wore the best heavy armor, fully upgraded, dual enchanted. I have no idea how that would have turned out if he had stayed in robes. Good luck.

And dont listen to those saying the Arch Mage Robes are best. The Master Robes of Destruction are better stats and you will probably move on to enchanting your own robes once you reach 100 in enchanting anyways.

I love this game. I got attacked by two snow bears, a blood dragon, a sabrecat and two bandits. They were so busy killing each other that all I needed do was wade in at the end and one-shot the dragon :lol:

I have many times, early in the game when my life is still low, led dragons into packs of mammoths and let them and the giants fight the dragon until only a few barely living creatures remain then harvest the loot.

I just started a new game after getting bored with the previous one, on the first mission with Delphine (going to kill the first dragon) I run into a mercenary with a complete set of Dwarven armor and shortly after I happen to acquire it. :bigblush:

Falmer's are pretty tough, fighting a group of them alone is suicide.

Staying in a robe will be tougher. But good on ya for fightin the power. Well since its in combat that you have to worry about running out of magicka its destruction magic you need to bulk up on spell cost reduction for. 4 items with +25% reduction to destruction spell costs will make destruction spells free to cast so you can use your magicka for your summoned creatures, protection and healing spells and just chain cast incinerate all over the place without having to worry about its cost. If your going to stay in a robe you will need the dual enchanting perk as soon as reasonable to load up on the +health, +magicka, etc you will need beyond the +destructo enchants already mentioned.

My mage was a pure destruction mage. He cast very few spells outside of the destruction tree. He very rarely used illusion or restoration spells. Conjured every so often but way over 99% of his casts were destruction (with most of those being incinerate - I LOVE that spell). He was very powerful but he wore the best heavy armor, fully upgraded, dual enchanted. I have no idea how that would have turned out if he had stayed in robes. Good luck.

And dont listen to those saying the Arch Mage Robes are best. The Master Robes of Destruction are better stats and you will probably move on to enchanting your own robes once you reach 100 in enchanting anyways.

it's actually going pretty good. i have adept robes and hood and or the first while for some reason i was able to chain cast pretty much any spell i have, lightning bolt didn't even put a dent in my magika. but now my magika is regenerating at a slower, more normal speed. i don't know what was going on before but i liked it...

the only thing i really worry about is 2 handed weapons and bows, bows rock me.

I don't remember exactly how much it was, like sixty to seventy, something like that.

It wouldn't be so bad if most games didn't include some more DLC you have to pay for so you end up paying near double.

Guest gumballthechewy

It wouldn't be so bad if most games didn't include some more DLC you have to pay for so you end up paying near double.

Yeah, but how else are video game corporations supposed to make billions?

You can buy me a copy if you're so worried about it.

He might as well start posting for you as well because these last 2 have been pretty pointless.

Yeah, but how else are video game corporations supposed to make billions?

Love that Dustin Brown pic. :lol:

Archived