The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

^ not happy about that. <_<

It's starting to sound like it won't even get released for PS3. They didn't even drop a hint as to when it might be ready. If that's the case that really sucks and I'll probably have to wait a year or two before the price drops and I can get a GOTY edition for my Xbox.

Just recently started playing again on PC with mods. I must say, the game is a lot more enjoyable on the PC. I sorta missed this game. When you don't play it for awhile, the little things, such as a thief coming up to you wanting to steal your items, are appreciated.

DLed Dawnguard off of steam. Brings back memories of the first month or two after release where the game would freeze up every so often and I would have to use task manager to get out of it. Freezing up about ever hour or so now. Just like the main game until it was patched. Fun times.

Is it true you can craft arrows and dragonbone weapons in Dawnguard!?

Yes and Yes.

Pretty much the best game ever, wanted to share two badarse things

1) I broke into a shop and the owner sent an assassin after me. After killing him, I snuck into her home at night and planted the note she gave the assassin into her pocket while she slept. The game will never recognize it, but I'd like to believe that it would have been terrifying.

2) I've taken to Soul Trapping important people and naming swords after them. The sword I use now is a Legendary level Glass sword that causes 10 points health absorbtion named after the Emperor, since it was his Soul I used to enchant it.

But for real, amazing in every way. Except I thought that my bounty of 1000 for a failed assassination of The Emperor was a bit lenient. I had 80,000G at the time of my arrest. I will gladly pay your bounty.

Pretty much the best game ever, wanted to share two badarse things

1) I broke into a shop and the owner sent an assassin after me. After killing him, I snuck into her home at night and planted the note she gave the assassin into her pocket while she slept. The game will never recognize it, but I'd like to believe that it would have been terrifying.

2) I've taken to Soul Trapping important people and naming swords after them. The sword I use now is a Legendary level Glass sword that causes 10 points health absorbtion named after the Emperor, since it was his Soul I used to enchant it.

But for real, amazing in every way. Except I thought that my bounty of 1000 for a failed assassination of The Emperor was a bit lenient. I had 80,000G at the time of my arrest. I will gladly pay your bounty.

Hah, I had an elven dagger I called The Kind I named after Grelod

They are making an Elder Scrolls Online, should be out in a year or 2

2013. Heres the first trailer tho its completely lacking of any details : http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

EDIT: There will probably be a few more expansions for Skyrim to keep interest in the series up until the MMO arrives.(not to mention that expansions are easy money).

just did a lotr marathon and me and another guy couldn't stop noticing the similarities between edoras and whiterun.

edoras.jpg

also both cities' symbols are a horse, the stairs to the keep are similar, and theoden and balgruf look alike.

Holy smokes how did I not see that earlier :picard:

Whiterun is my favourite place in Skyrim already, but now I'll be Expecting Grima Wormtongue round every corner :lol:

just did a lotr marathon and me and another guy couldn't stop noticing the similarities between edoras and whiterun.

edoras.jpg

also both cities' symbols are a horse, the stairs to the keep are similar, and theoden and balgruf look alike.

A sword and sorcery fantasy game borrowing from LoTR? impossible!

Next ‘Skyrim’ DLC Release May Be ‘Hearthfire'; After Dawnguard’s Vampires, Will Zombies Be Next?

August 22, 2012 2:20 PM EDT

Rumors of another "Skyrim" DLC release after "Dawnguard" are nothing new for fans of Bethesda's widely popular "Elder Scrolls" series, but as the summer comes to a close rumors seem to be heating up more than ever.

In May, ZeniMax filed a trademark for the term "Hearthfire," which is equivalent to the month September on the Tamrielic calendar. Although the company claimed ownership over this term a couple of months ago, it is likely that the rumor mill is churning again since September is almost here.

Perhaps a new "Skyrim" DLC will be unveiled next month? ZeniMax claimed ownership over the term "Dawnguard" in April, roughly about two to three months before the DLC was released last June. The trademark for "Hearthfire" was filed in late May, and if Bethesda announces new DLC content next month, it will be a similar time frame.

The nature of the trademark filed for "Hearthfire" indicates that that there could be more gameplay content to come. The official documentation from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office reads as follows:

"Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices."

When asked if this could be the title of the next "Skyrim" DLC, Bethesda responded to Venture Beat, saying the company does not comment on patent filings. However, the description alone provides strong evidence that the term "Hearthfire" will play some sort of role in a DLC expansion, whether or not it will be the name of the pack is unclear.

During the "Hearthfire" season in "Skyrim" lore, a holiday called "Tales and Tallows" takes place. This is a day of necromancy celebrated by the Mages Guild on the third of "Hearthfire." According to the official Elder Scrolls Wiki, most people avoid the streets on this day.

"A few of the oldest, more superstitious men and women do not speak all day long for fear that the evil spirits of the dead will enter their bodies," reads the "Tales and Tallows" description on The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages.

This has led to speculations that the next "Skyrim" DLC release will feature slaying zombies during this undead holiday. The previously released expansion known as "Dawnguard" gives players the choice of either playing as a vampire or joining the "Dawnguard" in slaying these blood-sucking creatures.

Perhaps the next DLC will take a similar route with zombie gameplay. It would be interesting to see what kinds of perks and abilities would be available to characters in a zombified form. Some have even likened this possibility to Rockstar's move with" Red Dead Redemption," when they decided to launch "Undead Nightmare" close to the Halloween season.

In the 2012 D.I.C.E Summit, a video was revealed that showcased what the creators behind "Skyrim" would put in the game after having one week to create whatever they pleased. This included a long list of mods and features, some of which have appeared in the "Dawnguard" DLC. This has led some fans to believe that this Game Jam video could provide some insight as to what Bethesda has in store for the next "Skyrim" expansion.

One of the revelations in the video was new spell combinations. When looking closely, it can be seen that one of the combinations reads as follows:

"Flame Raise Zombie = Conjure Flame Atronach"

This could be a clue pointing to zombie gameplay in a future DLC. The "Dawnguard" DLC release date for PlayStation 3 players has yet to be announced, as Bethesda has said earlier this month that they are "not satisfied yet with Dawnguard's performance on the PS3."

Check out the video below to see the creations from the Bethesda team for yourself. Do you think "Hearthfire" will be the next "Skyrim" expansion pack?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/376387/20120822/skyrim-dlc-dawnguard-release-date-2012-hearthfire.htm

So it looks like there might be another DLC in the works yet us PS3 users are still waiting on the first one. :towel:

And they say PS3 is better :lol:

I hate zombies. They shouldn't really have a place in Skyrim :(

I don't think it would be zombies in the sense we see today. I think it would be the old time ones that are already in the game, like the Draugr and another story arc involving them.

I don't think it would be zombies in the sense we see today. I think it would be the old time ones that are already in the game, like the Draugr and another story arc involving them.

Good then. Zombies are boring, whereas the draugr are pretty cool. But seeing as I haven't started Dawnguard yet, it might be a while before I get to it anyway.

Archived