The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

:blink: Really?

Microsoft isn't some sort of stuck-up old man corporation. They do have a lot of young talent that they give a lot of creative freedom to. Bungie used to be part of Microsoft. Although, interestingly, I had an interview with Microsoft for a job as a game developer, and the interviewer was the biggest hard-ass I've ever met. So it's hard to tell.

Microsoft isn't some sort of stuck-up old man corporation. They do have a lot of young talent that they give a lot of creative freedom to. Bungie used to be part of Microsoft. Although, interestingly, I had an interview with Microsoft for a job as a game developer, and the interviewer was the biggest hard-ass I've ever met. So it's hard to tell.

I thought I read somewhere that they didn't want anything like that in their games., I guess I was wrong.

I heard in the early days of Microsoft game studios they were awesome to work for

I realize that this is the 5th game in the series - how far back does this series go?

I've never played any of the previous games, but obviously they give a pretty good background into this game, I'm guessing? Would it be worthwhile to play some (all?) of them first?

Just curious...since it seriously does look pretty awesome.

I realize that this is the 5th game in the series - how far back does this series go?

I've never played any of the previous games, but obviously they give a pretty good background into this game, I'm guessing? Would it be worthwhile to play some (all?) of them first?

Just curious...since it seriously does look pretty awesome.

I think The Elder Scrolls: Arena was released in 94 or something. Daggerfall was 98. They're really fun games, but Daggerfall is really confusing and big at first. Plus, if you're all about graphics, I doubt you'll like it. But I would definitely suggest trying it out.

I think Daggerfall had like, 6 different endings or something.

I think The Elder Scrolls: Arena was released in 94 or something. Daggerfall was 98. They're really fun games, but Daggerfall is really confusing and big at first. Plus, if you're all about graphics, I doubt you'll like it. But I would definitely suggest trying it out.

I think Daggerfall had like, 6 different endings or something.

Wow, so this is going way back, obviously. I remember seeing Oblivion for 360 and thinking it looked interesting, but I hadn't followed the franchise at all and so it kind of kept me away.

Actually, I'm the last guy to think twice about graphics - I'm actually quite extreme the other way, I'd rather sacrifice graphics for the sake of a great story. 6 endings reminds me of Chrono Trigger (obviously a favourite of many). I mean, I like a visually aesthetic game, but I'd rather play an old SNES game with a creative plot and good gameplay (for example) than a 10-hour story with killer graphics. I mean, i might as well watch a movie.

Obviously this game doesn't seem to be the case...i'm definitely curious to try.

Wow, so this is going way back, obviously. I remember seeing Oblivion for 360 and thinking it looked interesting, but I hadn't followed the franchise at all and so it kind of kept me away.

Actually, I'm the last guy to think twice about graphics - I'm actually quite extreme the other way, I'd rather sacrifice graphics for the sake of a great story. 6 endings reminds me of Chrono Trigger (obviously a favourite of many). I mean, I like a visually aesthetic game, but I'd rather play an old SNES game with a creative plot and good gameplay (for example) than a 10-hour story with killer graphics. I mean, i might as well watch a movie.

Obviously this game doesn't seem to be the case...i'm definitely curious to try.

You have to get a DOS emulator but other than that, they Have Arena and Daggerfall on the official Elder Scrolls site(at least last time I checked)

The one thing I liked about the games is that the attack you did (Thrust, stab,etc.) and damage is completely relative you how you swing your mouse.

Archived