The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Agreed. Skyrim had MASSIVE wow factor at first. But with many things, it eventually goes away. Now, when I play.. it's like.. meh.

Well once you complete the main quest lines once thats kinda it. Ive done every single quest. Visited every single place. The only way Ill be playing anymore is whenever an expansion comes along. For however long it takes to do everything there.

Still I got a hell of a lot more hours out of it than any other game in a long time.

Well once you complete the main quest lines once thats kinda it. Ive done every single quest. Visited every single place. The only way Ill be playing anymore is whenever an expansion comes along. For however long it takes to do everything there.

Still I got a hell of a lot more hours out of it than any other game in a long time.

I'm at the same point. There's just absolutely nothing left for me to do.

According to Skyrim, my playthrough is currently 370 hours in. Barely any of that was away from keyboard, and what was could be replaced and overtaken by the time's having to reload saves and all.

That's not just more time than I've ever spent on a game in a long time, it's very likely the most I've spent on a game ever (and by a fairly large margin.) And that's just one playthrough, lol. But I think for me, due to the very linear nature of the story of the game and most quests, I don't feel like starting up another one just yet. I mean there's different races and character builds to master, but at least for now the incentive is lacking. It's a game I'll probably dust off for another full playthrough in a year or two.

I'm still very ready for more expansion packs though. More stuff like Dawnguard would be awesome.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Truly thou art but a passing interest, from whence thou came thou shall return, but in time thou shall be set upon a pedestal from whence no man my remove you, and there thou shall remain forever in reverence for all of mankind will worship the utter glory that is Skyrim!

Truly thou art but a passing interest, from whence thou came thou shall return, but in time thou shall be set upon a pedestal from whence no man my remove you, and there thou shall remain forever in reverence for all of mankind will worship the utter glory that is Skyrim!

You spelled Morrowind wrong. ::D

Guest Gumballthechewy

You spelled Morrowind wrong. ::D

Nay, for Morrwind hath already been raised upon the pedestal of greatness! Lo, the minor flaws it does posses are greatly out shadowed by it's sheer grandeur!

And mods.

Guest Gumballthechewy

New DLC news:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/17/skyrim-dragonborn-dlc-no-comment-from-bethesda/

Very related to the discussion you guys are having. How about taking Skyrim to Morrowind?

Solstheim, oh how doth my heart yearn for thee! To return to thy snowy forests and to behold once more the gleaming Castle Karstaag! Thy beauty captivates me so! Temptress of snow and trees I shall walk upon thee once more!

Skyrim ‘Dragonborn’ DLC Officially Revealed–Debut Trailer

skyrim-dragonborn.jpg

Bethesda has officially announced the next DLC expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim known as Dragonborn, it turns out that you aren’t the only one!

The DLC will include dragon mounts, new armor, weapons, and a brand new area called Solstheim, the setting forThe Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind’s Bloodmoon expansion. Dragonborn will launch for Xbox 360 first on December 4 priced at 1600 Microsoft Points.

You can check out the trailer below.

http://www.egmnow.co...-debut-trailer/

(Yet another dlc not available on PS3. Really hope they release the goty edition soon so I can get this on xbox instead of buying skyrim again and the dlc)

Xbox release then another month till its available on PC...Least Im not on PS3. Dont they realize the proper way to do expansions is to have the next one ready to go the instant I finish the last one. So unprofessional.

Who cares. You're gonna get it anyways.

Guest Gumballthechewy

They're still making money though, it's not like because it's not working for PS3 they aren't making anything. People on Xbox and PC are still paying them and so they are still making a profit.

Got hearthfire finally for PC off of steam. Not as good as an expansion or anything but worth the $5? Yeah, sure, why not. Built 2 houses complete with every addition you can put on plus the stable, cow, fishing thing, etc.

For kids theres a little girl in the orphanage who has the very creepy comment "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities." Yeah, shes a future serial killer, I took her as one of my adopted kids.

The materials needed for building a house and its contents, for the most part, are about as easy to get together without becoming tedious as possible. It takes some time but it ends up being a pretty big place and theres lots of stuff to put in it. So yeah, Hearthfires no big deal but its nice.

I haven't checked it out yet. Can you build your house anywhere on the map? I have a few places I'd love to make a house. I noticed there are some other house building mods on the workshop but I suppose those aren't as good as Hearthfire since the mods were created by the public vs Bethesda?

I haven't checked it out yet. Can you build your house anywhere on the map? I have a few places I'd love to make a house. I noticed there are some other house building mods on the workshop but I suppose those aren't as good as Hearthfire since the mods were created by the public vs Bethesda?

There are only 3 locations you can build homes. One each in Falkreath, Morthal, and Dawnstar.

It's better than any mods out there I know of, mainly because of the interactions with your kids, and the few dynamic events. Plus this just blends in more seamlessly with the rest of the game, as an official add-on would.

The whole thing is meant more for 360 gamers who don't have the ability to mod their games, but even on PC it's still a decent buy. Just something nice to have in the background during your campaign to beat the game.

There are only 3 locations you can build homes. One each in Falkreath, Morthal, and Dawnstar.

It's better than any mods out there I know of, mainly because of the interactions with your kids, and the few dynamic events. Plus this just blends in more seamlessly with the rest of the game, as an official add-on would.

The whole thing is meant more for 360 gamers who don't have the ability to mod their games, but even on PC it's still a decent buy. Just something nice to have in the background during your campaign to beat the game.

Oh, in the towns where you couldn't build originally. That kinda stinks. I was hoping for complete freedom; build whatever model you want, wherever you want.

Archived