The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I think they should have their whole company working on fixing the PS3 expansions, rather than release more and more for 360 and PC before the first one on PS3 is out...

There is a "team" working on the PS3 problem but in more recent interviews Bethesda leads have stated that its not a question of when the PS3 expansions will be available but IF they will be available. Ever. Ominous for fans playing on the PS3.

Expansions are like free money for games makers. A lot of times its just a matter of spit polishing something that didnt quite make the release date or even a portion of the game that was intentionally held back to bring out as an expansion when it could have easily been in the original release. The cost to make expansions is low and if they cant get it to work on the PS3 well thats a revenue stream they will have to do without. But this is money they wont be getting. Bethesda cant be happy about that. There are probably people whos jobs are on the line over this problem with the expansions on the PS3 and if it could have been fixed by now it would have. But to come out and say publicly they may not be able to fix it at all, to me that says they are admitting defeat and will probably move forward with expansions for just the Xbox and PC until the next Elder Scrolls on the upcoming xbox 720 and PS4 late next year. But I could be wrong on every count.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I finally upgraded my PC after putting it off for a long time.

Moved all my Skyrim video settings from Medium to Ultra. Maxed everything, read a few guides online about tweaking the vid settings to get the most out of the game. then downloaded Bethesdas free High Resolution Texture pack for the game. A 3.5 gig DL.

yeah, the game looked damn good before...now it looks better.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gumballthechewy

Anyone else buy Dragonborn?

I made the poor decision of buying just before I have my final exams.

Needless to say, I haven't studied much.

Ha ha ha! Yeah I got it the day it came out, it's fun as hell.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Who thinks leveling monsters are a bit stupid? Maybe certain ones but not everyone. Everything in Skyrim is a kinda though but not really a challenge. I remember in Morrowind there where places I feared to go at low levels and even at higher leves I was still a little weary about new places. In Skyrim I charge about slaying willy-nilly without a care.

Who thinks leveling monsters are a bit stupid? Maybe certain ones but not everyone. Everything in Skyrim is a kinda though but not really a challenge. I remember in Morrowind there where places I feared to go at low levels and even at higher leves I was still a little weary about new places. In Skyrim I charge about slaying willy-nilly without a care.

Just outside of Whiterun (or Whitehold, whichever is by Dragonsreach) I ran into 2 giants and 2 mammoths. The mammoths didn't really concern me, but I was crushed to death by one blow from a giant. I'm less than 10 hours into the game though, and just kind of traipsing around, no methodical levelling.

Besides giants, I would agree with you. Oblivion had levelling monsters as well, it makes the whole world accessible from the get go at least. Have you tried changing the gameplay settings to raise the difficulty?

On a side note, one thing I miss already compared to Oblivion is the lack of "extra" characters, like in the Imperial City, for example. It feels rather empty, unless I just have not been to the metropolis yet. There is absolutely no shortage of things to do though mind you, my quest tab is filing up ridiculously quick!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Just outside of Whiterun (or Whitehold, whichever is by Dragonsreach) I ran into 2 giants and 2 mammoths. The mammoths didn't really concern me, but I was crushed to death by one blow from a giant. I'm less than 10 hours into the game though, and just kind of traipsing around, no methodical levelling.

Yeah giants are pretty nasty in the beginning. I remember I was galavanting around at level 5 and I ran into a giants nest and I thought, "yeah! time to spank some giants!" ... needless to say I didn't hit the ground before the reload screen came up.

Besides giants, I would agree with you. Oblivion had levelling monsters as well, it makes the whole world accessible from the get go at least. Have you tried changing the gameplay settings to raise the difficulty?

You can change the difficulty!? Where??

On a side note, one thing I miss already compared to Oblivion is the lack of "extra" characters, like in the Imperial City, for example. It feels rather empty, unless I just have not been to the metropolis yet. There is absolutely no shortage of things to do though mind you, my quest tab is filing up ridiculously quick!

I've never really noticed a lack of people in city's. Well Whiterun didn't have very many people in it, it seems but that the city I've spent the most time.

Talking about quests, and this is a fairly minor issue in my mind but it still bugs me, is that they seem to force you into all the factions like the thieves guild, mages guild, companions ect. Just talking to the wrong guy starts a quest to join these places. I dunno it just bugs me.

You can change the difficulty!? Where??...

Talking about quests, and this is a fairly minor issue in my mind but it still bugs me, is that they seem to force you into all the factions like the thieves guild, mages guild, companions ect. Just talking to the wrong guy starts a quest to join these places. I dunno it just bugs me.

If you haven't found it yet, it should be found by pressing start, then finding gameplay settings, and you can take it from there. You are even allowed to change gameplay settings in the middle of a battle!

Obviously you don't have to participate, but yeah, it's there, just doesn't bother me. I ended up joining all the guilds in Oblivion, just to score the swag, and to check out some more plot. The Dark Brotherhood gave me what I ended up wearing for the entire game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

If you haven't found it yet, it should be found by pressing start, then finding gameplay settings, and you can take it from there. You are even allowed to change gameplay settings in the middle of a battle!

I found it, the only time I've been in the settings was to turn off subtitles and music.

:P

Obviously you don't have to participate, but yeah, it's there, just doesn't bother me. I ended up joining all the guilds in Oblivion, just to score the swag, and to check out some more plot. The Dark Brotherhood gave me what I ended up wearing for the entire game.

Yeah I ended up doing all the guilds in Skyrim, I like an empty quest book.

I love the nightingale armour, so badass!

Guest Gumballthechewy

I haven't tried Dawnguard yet, but damn, Hearthfire rocks. I wish I could build my house ANYWHERE in Skyrim, but this is pretty sweet -- can't complain.

Yeah, dollar for dollar Hearthfire is the best DLC for Skyrim yet in my opinion.

Guest Gumballthechewy

My brother ordered it. I didn't realize you actually built your own house. I was wondering what the nails, etc, were for. Makes it more enjoyable this way B)

Yeah, it kinda makes it your own.

Every time I see this thread I wonder why Edler has scrolls.

Because he's a wizard... Duh...

• 1 month later...

Finally some sort of news. Dragonborn is supposed to be released on Feb. 5th on PS3. They are reporting that Dawnguard and Hearthfire will be released some time in February as well. All 3 will be able to purchase for 50% the first week of each release.

Waiiiiiiit.....so they're actually coming out for the PS3 after ALL this time?

Archived