The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I don't run RCRN at all. I use the mods I listed earlier, including an ENB.

I haven't tried RCRN, but it seems to do a lot of things that an ENB would do, including changing the colour palette and enahcing the shaders. I assume you wouldn't be able to use both.

And yeah, I am using the default screenshot button, either f12 or printscreen.

#Torts

Those look good, dude.

What's the problem with your game? Are you sure it's RCRN? Sometimes if you don't have your mods loaded in the correct order, things will crash or freeze on loading screens. I had that issue for a while and it drove me nuts until I figured it out. Other mods like "A New Whiterun" which I really like but now do not use, also seem to conflict with a lot of other mods.

If it really is RCRN, you could try one of the performance-oriented ENB's out there, or the ones with performance settings.

I took the liberty of uploading some screenshots of the way the game looks vanilla (with HD textures) and the game with an ENB (The Wilds ENB) activated. The difference is dramatic:

I took the liberty of throwing my PS3 out the window. At least, as Gumball pointed out earlier, I paid a 3rd (or more) less the cost for my console as you likely did for your gaming console. If the next gen of cosoles fails to impress me with quality or pricing I'll have to learn more about computers though.

Excuse me while I duct tape some fragments back together.

I took the liberty of throwing my PS3 out the window. At least, as Gumball pointed out earlier, I paid a 3rd (or more) less the cost for my console as you likely did for your gaming console. If the next gen of cosoles fails to impress me with quality or pricing I'll have to learn more about computers though.

Excuse me while I duct tape some fragments back together.

Hahaha, ragequit!

These days, you can build a decent gaming rig for about a grand or just over. It's a sizable chunk of money, but of course you don't only use the PC for gaming.

The most expensive component will be the video card, but the rest can be built for relatively cheap.

You can't see from the shots but there are a couple concerning issues you'd know about if you played.

I know the mod load order makes a difference and I know the mods are in order. The screen shots look fine but RCRN I'm convinced still isn't running as intended. I had a mod conflict where the weather would stay consistent regardless of where you were; there was a blizzard in Falkreath, lol. I ultimately fixed that.

I've disabled all other lighting and mods that affect the weather.

But the problems now seem to be that the weather doesn't cycle like the vanilla version of the game does. It refused to rain so I had to enter a console command to get that going again. Whether that actually addresses the issue long term or not I have yet to find out. Also, mountains and objects in the distance tend to flicker like a dying light bulb when I move. Some objects tend to load very poorly as I approach them such as hill sides which is incredibly eye catching and disappointing to see. Also, RCRN 3.6 includes this volumetric fog (like fog in RL) that you can see in some of the southern parts of Skyrim and that doesn't seem to work either. :unsure:

I should have stuck with RCRN 3.5 as that was flawless.

RCRN is basically a composition of other graphic enhancing mods anyway. I might go the route you did and do it manually with individual mods as it's obvious you can get something very similar or better. I already have a bunch of the mods you have.

Have you checked to see if your save files are corrupted also? If they're extremely large (at level 40ish, larger than 12-15Mb) you saves may be screwed up. I wouldn't recommend just using console commands to "fix" everything because a lot of the times, you screw up other stuff. Console commands are tricky. I mostly use them only if NPCs disappear and I need to bring them to me (like Serana disappearing with Dawnguard DLC).

You may want to consider backing up your current saves and then re-installing your entire game from scratch and then re-installing the mods too.

You wouldn't be using Climates of Tamriel by any chance, would you? I know CoT has compatibility issues with a lot of mods (even though it is a great mod).

I've ditched RCRN for now. If I follow instructions to a T and eliminate every possible conflict I can think of and still have issues then I'm probably not going to piss around with it, especially if there are other similar options available.

I had most of those mods you mentioned earlier but I decided to go with Winterheart ENB instead. I'm not sure how I feel about it however. I had problems with the Wilds; the snow was blinding - it could almost destroy your retinas :unsure: . I'll get around to backing up my saves at least, good idea.

I don't use CoT, I noticed how ENB producers stressed the hell out of the incompatibility between the two mods.

Anyway, this ENB installed properly but I might have a conflict with something else (notice how it's always cloudy) so I'll have to fiddle around with it some more...

Also, does your game load incredibly slow now? My game use to take ten seconds max. Since putting on ENB, the load screens take nearly a minute which is a pain in the arse when you're trying to fix an issue.

2ikbb6f.jpg

zno1o9.jpg

j0wmqp.jpg

111pac4.jpg

Wow, that is weird. I use the Wilds ENB, and my game does not look like that at all (which you obviously know from my screenshots).

Not sure why yours looks that way. Clearly there's something happening on your end to cause everything to be so bright and washed out. I have no idea what that might be, however.

Video card settings, possibly?

What binary file are you suppose to DL for the Wilds? I grabbed any random file (dumb, whatever) the first time which is probably why it didn't work. However the tutorial doesn't say which one to use other than download the binary from the ENB forum. Winterheart tells you to use either 113 or 119.

http://www.enbdev.co...d_tesskyrim.htm

Nevermind, it's ENB 149 for the Wilds which isn't listed on that site even though the other ENB's direct you towards it :/

Oh, and Winterheart did work. It's intentionally designed to always be grey and gloomy. Not exactly what I was working for but nice nonetheless.

Anyway, these are the last shots for a while. It's working. I haven't added some of the other recommended mods but I probably will if I think they're worth it. Not much of a drop in FPS. But I don't know why there is such an ugly blending of the background as shown in the fourth picture. Something to do with the .ini files I assume.

23sj0k5.jpg

1hv2pv.jpg

30cozmt.jpg

2lbeuyo.jpg

The Wilds ENB uses ENBseries 12.12.12, if I remember correctly. It didn't even cross my mind that you might be using the wrong one, lol, I should have thought of that.

Oh, and that's not "blending" in the background. That's Depth-of-Field (DOF), which means it makes things out of focus if they are far away and not centered on your screen. That can be removed in your enbseries.ini by setting EnableDepthOfField=false in the "Effects" section.

Upon further investigation, I realized that the build of "the Wilds ENB" I was using runs ENBseries 12.12.12. It looks like the final version of the Wilds ENB was just released and I don't know which version of ENBseries it uses. I'm going to test it out, take some screens, and report back.

The Wilds ENB uses ENBseries 12.12.12, if I remember correctly. It didn't even cross my mind that you might be using the wrong one, lol, I should have thought of that.

Oh, and that's not "blending" in the background. That's Depth-of-Field (DOF), which means it makes things out of focus if they are far away and not centered on your screen. That can be removed in your enbseries.ini by setting EnableDepthOfField=false in the "Effects" section.

Okay, thanks, I'll check that out. ^_^ . Ya, I don't like it, it's like you're really drunk and things are getting real blurry.

Not sure if I like the final build of the Wilds as much as I like the one I'm already using.

The colours seemed more saturated and the blacks aren't as dark. I may have had digital vibrance (color saturation) on 90% when I used it, but I'm not sure. I use 50% for most things, but for CS:GO, I use 90% because it's a lot easier to see people when the colours aren't so washed out.

I will give the new Wilds ENB another look, we'll see.

Archived