The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I decided to go back to RCRN. What can I say, I'm indecisive :lol: but yes, I'm sticking with it now.

Hahaha.

Did you ever try some of the other ENBs?

Sharpshooter's ENB

Cinematic Lighting ENB

Superb ENB

Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX ENB

SkyRealism ENB

Jasmin ENB

Those are all quite good, and it really depends on your tastes. Give em a try, perhaps? The easiest way to switch ENBs in and out is to just copy your current skyrim folder with the settings you like (so, with RCRN installed) and have a stock skyrim folder to install your ENB into. Make a copy of the stock folder, install the ENB, if you don't like it, delete it and overwrite with the Skyrim folder with RCRN, and voila, back to normal.

Truth be told, RCRN is great, so there's really no need to switch. If you want all the injected post-porcessing like FXAA and SSAO, I think there's an RCRN add-on for that, if I'm not mistaken.

Hahaha.

Did you ever try some of the other ENBs?

Sharpshooter's ENB

Cinematic Lighting ENB

Superb ENB

Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX ENB

SkyRealism ENB

Jasmin ENB

Those are all quite good, and it really depends on your tastes. Give em a try, perhaps? The easiest way to switch ENBs in and out is to just copy your current skyrim folder with the settings you like (so, with RCRN installed) and have a stock skyrim folder to install your ENB into. Make a copy of the stock folder, install the ENB, if you don't like it, delete it and overwrite with the Skyrim folder with RCRN, and voila, back to normal.

Truth be told, RCRN is great, so there's really no need to switch. If you want all the injected post-porcessing like FXAA and SSAO, I think there's an RCRN add-on for that, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't even know what SSAO does. I know FXAA can be enabled on your own through options but I don't know what it does either. Sure I could look it up but it doesn't really matter to me quite frankly.

I think I would stick with the Winterheart one if I had to go back. It's darker and gloomy. The Wilds I found to be too bright and colourful, especially at night. Whether that it was intended or I am missing a couple mods for the night time or have to configure settings to do so... it seems to be too much work when RCRN addresses all these things for me by simply installing it. I don't have much time to play this game anyway so when I do get the chance I don't want to be pissing around with troubleshooting or installing mods. I've had Dawnguard since Christmas and haven't even attempted at playing the new campaign yet :unsure:

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. A complete waste of time thus far. Next time I have a mod like such that works flawlessly, I'm not going to change it, I don't care what the additions are in the new version.

RCRN 3.5 worked great. 3.6 has been a complete dud. I've eliminated all weather mods that could possibly conflict with RCRN. I've reinstalled RCRN. I've viewed the files in both Winterheart and the Wild and have am absolutely sure I have removed all files of those from my Skyrim folder to prevent any sort of conflict, yet the weather systems in RCRN are F@cked right up and seem to be irreversible.

Won't rain anywhere, snows in Winterhold but not Windhelm, like wtf.

Hopefully the RCRN community can help because that's where I'm discussing this but they haven't really told me anything I don't already know.

I don't know what to tell you, haha. I realize RCRN does things that an ENB does not do, like changing dynamic weather. In that regard, I can't help you because I haven't used RCRN, and I had Climates of Tamriel but disabled it because it was freaking snowing ALL THE TIME (realistic and immersive, yes, but looked terrible and was annoying).

Yes, "The Wilds" ENB is very colourful, and it's meant to be that way. Every ENB has a different colour palette so they will look different. Some are darker and gloomier like Winterheart, while others, like The Wilds, are brighter and more saturated.

FXAA stands for fast-approximate anti-aliasing, which basically is a way to make jagged edges look smooth. SSAO stands for screen-space ambient occlusion, which in simple terms is an advanced algorithm for making light behave like real light in the way it radiates and reflects off surfaces.

Those two things are ways to make your game look better and more realistic, but will incur a loss of framerate. The loss will, of course, depend on your computer's capability.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I seemed to have fixed my game with help from the community. I ultimately had to reinstall my game and get a fresh skyrim folder. Weather effects are working now. However it rained constantly in Riften and Whiterun for a week so because the weather cycle was stuck. I did a quick console command to reset the weather cycle, and that worked, I think. I'll have to test it out again quickly to see if the command truly did work or if the game is just jerkin' me around like last time. One thing is for sure: I'd rather have the weather effects working than not working.

30suctc.jpg

The second shot here is a kill shot. If you guys have any awesome kill animation shots, upload them :P

2ir195f.jpg

Okay, yeah, I knew what AA was but not the FX part. Those things definitely do make your game look better. Of course if you can't run this game with full graphics then you're missing out because it's way better when everything is topped out and with a few mods to boot. Awesome experience. Fortunately I can ^_^ ..... Except for Warzones sometimes, but that's only because there's 50 NPC's on the screen battling, swords swinging and mages blowing sh1t up. Nobody's PC can handle that for too long before crashing.

Do you have the Hypothermia Camping Survival mod? Pretty awesome so far. I had the original camping mod. But this is even better; it forces you to camp and set up a fire depending on the situation otherwise you'll freeze to death. Kinda like the tv show Man vs Wild but this is the Skyrim edition. B)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11163

I haven't installed any immersive mods that change gameplay yet. I'm still working on my first playthrough, and basically just working on finishing up the main storyline, and DawnGuard.

After my first playthrough, I will play it through again and install the Hypothermia mod, and some other immersive, gameplay-altering mods.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Hah!

This still doesn't work. What a joke. I've used TES5 Mod Cleaner and wasn't prompted with any errors. I'm done with RCRN. For some reason it just WILL NOT work.

Maybe try a clean install of the game?

Maybe try a clean install of the game?

I did that too.

I have made it known that I love the mod and appreciate their help but I will have to give it up unless someone can supply me with a miracle solution overnight. I've let them know what I have done over the past couple weeks now, shown them my load order, etc, so we'll see..

Guest Gumballthechewy

I did that too.

I have made it known that I love the mod and appreciate their help but I will have to give it up unless someone can supply me with a miracle solution overnight. I've let them know what I have done over the past couple weeks now, shown them my load order, etc, so we'll see..

Oh ok, well I wish you luck. Nothing worse than something that should be working yet isn't.

I hate electronics and computers...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived