The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

In case you're wondering, yes, in that final shot the male Nord is just about to stomp someone's face into Oblivion (har, har).

I'm curious though, why the Breton female (in the Nightingale armor) never changes her facial expression whereas the male Nord has got a pretty mean face goin' on, haha.

Finished playing Dragonborn. Thought it was awesome, but the main storyline was both short and unsatisfying. The rest holds up really well though, and forms the real bulk of the expansion.

If Dawnguard was all about it's main questline, then Dragonborn was about everything else. And I'm fine with that. Actually, I loved it.

Here is another mod I am using although I don't remember which one it's apart of since I'm running so many of them.

You can see the backpack there though, and the wood chopping axe strapped on and the tent rolled up and attached to the bottom of the bag. Pretty cool. Now I'm not magically pulling objects out of my ass.

bdn03d.jpg

Well, finally finished the main quest. Was a little disappointed that the ending was so..... anti-climactic. No cutscene, nothing much happens, haha. Oh well, still lots to do in the land of Skyrim.

Took some more screenshots:

33jssxu.jpg

1zowxs6.jpg

28v68ld.jpg

x4hpg6.jpg

sd3b5f.jpg

j8yukn.jpg

ruqo85.jpg

Are you playing in third person when you take shots of the kill animations? Because I don't so maybe that's why mine look like garbage compared to yours.

I'll take some pictures of the sexy landscape and such too. Everyone loves sexy graphics!

Also, have you ever seen your characters' eyes illuminate like this? I tried changing the face a bit with the face changer in the Ragged Flagon but it didn't seem to make any difference:

35l5205.jpg

Yeah, I have a mod called "The Dance of Death" installed. It's basically a killcam mod that has more kill-animations and some settings that can be changed. You can force the camera to go into 3rd person every time a killcam activates, or force 1st person, or randomise it, up to you. You can also set the frequency of killcams and other stuff when enough damage is done to an opponent.

All the killcam shots I took were forced into third person. There are other settings that allow for great screens, like using "tfc 1" in console. That's basically free-roam camera with pause. It does not work when a killcam is active, but it works for other situations (particularly good when dragons are flying around, like the shot I took of Alduin in Sovngarde).

Yeah, all the graphical mods I've installed really make the game look a ton better. I mean, Skyrim is a beautiful game in itself. Not that the graphics themselves are the best out there at the moment (they surely aren't), but Skyrim has beautiful art direction. Combined with all the graphical tweaks available through modding, you can really take some majestic screenshots.

That shiny eye problem I had as well, and after a quick search, I found out that that it was a common bug, related to sneaking. So a particular skill that makes you go invisible for a sec when you sneak (shadow warrior? I forget) makes the eyes for invisible. What happens is when you go visible again, the textures get stuck in invisible mode, and the normal textures don't load properly.

There's also the possibility that certain spells get stuck onto your character and do not de-activate. I had smoke and steam shooting out of me for a while, and also found that to be a common bug, along with the shiny/black/double eye glitch.

There's a few fixes for it:

For invisibility eyes bug:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23916

And for an entire host of stupid weird effects that get stuck on your character:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/872861-tutorial-removing-unwanted-magic-effects-from-the-player/?gopid=6986419#entry6986419

Going to Riften and getting your face changed will not help. The thread I linked has a list of all the goofy things that can happen, and the console commands needed to rectify your issue.

Yeah, I have a mod called "The Dance of Death" installed. It's basically a killcam mod that has more kill-animations and some settings that can be changed. You can force the camera to go into 3rd person every time a killcam activates, or force 1st person, or randomise it, up to you. You can also set the frequency of killcams and other stuff when enough damage is done to an opponent.

All the killcam shots I took were forced into third person. There are other settings that allow for great screens, like using "tfc 1" in console. That's basically free-roam camera with pause. It does not work when a killcam is active, but it works for other situations (particularly good when dragons are flying around, like the shot I took of Alduin in Sovngarde).

Yeah, all the graphical mods I've installed really make the game look a ton better. I mean, Skyrim is a beautiful game in itself. Not that the graphics themselves are the best out there at the moment (they surely aren't), but Skyrim has beautiful art direction. Combined with all the graphical tweaks available through modding, you can really take some majestic screenshots.

That shiny eye problem I had as well, and after a quick search, I found out that that it was a common bug, related to sneaking. So a particular skill that makes you go invisible for a sec when you sneak (shadow warrior? I forget) makes the eyes for invisible. What happens is when you go visible again, the textures get stuck in invisible mode, and the normal textures don't load properly.

There's also the possibility that certain spells get stuck onto your character and do not de-activate. I had smoke and steam shooting out of me for a while, and also found that to be a common bug, along with the shiny/black/double eye glitch.

There's a few fixes for it:

For invisibility eyes bug:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23916

And for an entire host of stupid weird effects that get stuck on your character:

http://forums.nexusm...19#entry6986419

Going to Riften and getting your face changed will not help. The thread I linked has a list of all the goofy things that can happen, and the console commands needed to rectify your issue.

Okay, thanks, I'll check those out.

Actually the bug wasn't invisibility eyes but DraugrEffects in the second link you sent me. Although I may have had those glossy looking eyes like in the first link... either way they're both fixed now.

357nioz.png

That's an older picture. I hope I haven't already posted it, lol.

Crossbows? Which mod is that?

Have you checked out theeee, uh, "throwing weapons mod"? I don't know what it's actually called but they incorporate javelins, fire bombs, etc into the game. I didn't bother with it though, I have enough going on with my game.

Have you checked out theeee, uh, "throwing weapons mod"? I don't know what it's actually called but they incorporate javelins, fire bombs, etc into the game. I didn't bother with it though, I have enough going on with my game.

I have not tried out that mod. Sounds interesting though.

The crossbows come from the Dawnguard DLC. They make for a more powerful but slower archery option, as you would expect.

Xbows are from Dawnguard. They're quite powerful for their first shot and the projectile speed is faster than bows, but the reload is really slow, so it's kind of a one-shot thing and then charging in with melee.

Speaking of which, finished Dawnguard the other day, and the entire backstory of the Falmer was really interesting, and rather tragic. The Snow Elves were really interesting, I thought.

Guest Gumballthechewy

By the way, all you Skyrimmers, take screenshots of your characters, I'm interested to see what they look like :)

I'd post a pic but I just used the default male nord face.

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's OK, haha. Just curious to see what gear you choose to use, etc.

I'll also eventually post pics of the house I built near Falkreath.

Gear!? Nude with my fists bro! That's how I roll! :P

Archived