The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Getting this game really soon, hopefully it won't be so addictive that I can still get some sleep and function in the real world.

My brother was telling me something about killing the end-game boss as soon as you can because he gets super hard the more you level up, and also to watch out for vampires? Is this true?

IIRC, dungeons and many areas you discover "level" according to you and lock on to that. What that means is if you enter a new dungeon at level 20, the enemies in that dungeon will be level 20 (or thereabouts) and remain there. If you go in at 30, they'll be 30. That said, if you go in at 20 and then leave, the enemies will remain locked at 20 and it'll be much easier the second time around when you've leveled more.

Of course there will be areas that stay at a certain level and it'll just be easy or hard when you arrive there the first time.

Getting this game really soon, hopefully it won't be so addictive that I can still get some sleep and function in the real world.

My brother was telling me something about killing the end-game boss as soon as you can because he gets super hard the more you level up, and also to watch out for vampires? Is this true?

The end-game boss is pretty hard. I'm not sure if the dragons are still there after you beat him though, so I've been holding off.

Also, when I faced him....it took my like 30-40min to kill him and it glitched on me. He was stuck way up in the air in the position as if he was crawling on the ground. His health was gone and nothing would happen. It will be awhile before I do that quest again because that took forever for just one dragon fight for it to be thrown away like that.

About the vampires, I've never really had to worry about them. My guy is a werewolf, and it's pretty easy to become a werewolf. It's in the questline of one of the first things you can do in the game. When a werewolf, you are immune to disease. Ie: vampirism.

Unless of course you want to become a vampire, which is pretty cool. You just have to feed on somebody once in awhile or your skin will become very pale and people will spot you as a vampire and attack you.

About the vampires, I've never really had to worry about them. My guy is a werewolf, and it's pretty easy to become a werewolf. It's in the questline of one of the first things you can do in the game. When a werewolf, you are immune to disease. Ie: vampirism.

Aww I want to be a werewolf too. Howd I miss that? Tho I did kinda leave town to wander right away and prob missed a number of early quests. lvl 15 right now.

The end-game boss is pretty hard. I'm not sure if the dragons are still there after you beat him though, so I've been holding off.

Also, when I faced him....it took my like 30-40min to kill him and it glitched on me. He was stuck way up in the air in the position as if he was crawling on the ground. His health was gone and nothing would happen. It will be awhile before I do that quest again because that took forever for just one dragon fight for it to be thrown away like that.

Unless of course you want to become a vampire, which is pretty cool. You just have to feed on somebody once in awhile or your skin will become very pale and people will spot you as a vampire and attack you.

So as I believe someone already mentioned, how would you turn your character into a werewolf?

So as I believe someone already mentioned, how would you turn your character into a werewolf?

I believe it's part of the Companion's quest. IIRC, you can start it in Whiterun after you meet with some members fighting a giant at Pelagia Farm (should be on the way there anyway).

Question:

HOW DO YOU recharge your enchanted weapons?

Hey Buddy,

so to recharge items...it can be a little confusing. What you have to do is go to ur inventory, hit T (PC) and select the soulstone you wanna use to recharge item with. Different rarities/sizes of soulstones replenish different amounts. HOWEVER, make sure ur soulstones are full. If they arent, ur gonna have to find a weapon that can refill soulstones upon killing enemies/put a point into Soul Trap.

Regards,

A.

I became a werewolf right away (was like lvl 5 I think) because agreeing to it seemed like the only way to move that specific storyline along. But I ended up straying away from even that. I've spent most of the game on the other side of the country in Riften. Became a Thane of Riften before I even met the Jarl of Whiterun, lol. I love how easy it is to avoid the main story in this game.

I don't remember the last game I played where dealing with detached subplots was as unique and rewarding as it is here. It's better at it then even Bethesda's Fallout games were. So many stories within stories.

Brilliant game. Near completely lives up to the hype so far. So awesome knowing that I have barely even scratched the surface. (Especially so, knowing that I would have finished a game like Uncharted or Call of Duty twice over by now, lol.)

What's with everyone wanting to become a werewolf? No love for vampires?? Are we playing Team Jacob vs. Team Edward??? If so I'm on the vampire side. It's pretty sweet being one, harsh Assassin's Creed.

I'm all for Team Jacob, lol.

I may be a werewolf, but I NEVER turn into one. I never use it to my advantage. The only thing I benefit from it is being immune to disease/poison. I would actually rather become a vampire....but I forget how to get rid of the Werewolf.

I tried to use Werewolf once, and it was crap.

Also: PS3 UPDATE OUT, 360/PC TOMORROW

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Dragon corpses now clean up properly

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

I may be a werewolf, but I NEVER turn into one. I never use it to my advantage. The only thing I benefit from it is being immune to disease/poison. I would actually rather become a vampire....but I forget how to get rid of the Werewolf.

I tried to use Werewolf once, and it was crap.

ok, I did the companion quest line and got werewolfed up. It was worth it just for eating your dead enemies corpses. not being able to loot/open chests while werewolf is a pretty big negative tho that makes me think ill only bust it out every so often.

Archived