The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Lol I love moments like this.

I was in Sovngarde and had to face a Frost Dragon, Elder Dragon, 2 Draugr Deathlords, and a Dragon Priest at the same time. I basically ran into this one tower as they all got stuck in this doorway as I picked them off. I love the bad things about this game get me through some very tough times.

I did a similar thing while on that quest to get back Mjoll's lost sword. I got to the end where you have to face that dwarven centurion sentry. Wanted to fight it, but after one blast of it's steam I was out cold. I realized I could run past it and simply exit the dungeon, but considering that was hardly satisfying, I went back in to try to fight it, and won. All you need to do is shoot arrows at it from across the long hall. When it gets near, you exit the room, re-enter, and it's reset to it's position at the opposite end of the hall. Then repeat the steps as necessary. Not too sure how that was more satisfying in the end though, lol.

I know I'm rambling on strongly here, but I wanted to mention a situation in Fallout New Vegas (similar enough game, right?) where doing the exact same thing was actually extremely fulfilling.

I was only something like lvl 4, and without a follower of any kind. Walked into the town of Nipton, (the one where you find out that The Legion have murdered all the townsfolk) and was pretty pissed with what I saw. Had that talk with their leader Vulpes Inculta, where he explains what had happened. Told him he was going to pay for what he did here, and he just scoffed and started to walk away. Completely reasonable considering he had a squadron of soldiers accompanying him. Though instead of the letting him leave like I was supposed to, I ran right back up to him and shot him in the face. Seeing how I did nearly no damage, I ran for cover as quick as I could. Went into the first house I saw, but they just followed me inside. Ran back out and toward the general store where I figured that crippled gangster would provide something of a distraction for them, but they never followed me inside... So I let my health regenerate, went out killed a couple of those guys, went back in and repeated until only Vulpes remained. Took him one on one and killed his ass. Did discover and use a glitch for a small time explpoit, but it was definitely worth it here.

That's what I love about these Bethesda games. It's how you don't really have to take crap from anybody (at least not all that often.) Given a gun or a sword, you for the most part get to make the world your own.

Increasing Stamina when you level up will improve the amount you can carry by 5. Also, there is a stone called the Steed Stone which allows you to carry 100 more weight than the limit, and removes any movement penalty from armour. It is located WEST-NORTHWEST of SOLITUDE, in the mountains near some castle-like structure.

Sweet thanks, that should be useful.

Also, agreeing with you guys calling Barbas annoying. It's a bit of an understatement. If I explained why exactly I felt so, it'd be even longer then my previous two posts, lol. But to sum it up, he's always blocking your way. He's always running into, nudging and moving you (once pushed me off a ledge, and into a weird pit I couldn't climb out of. Twice pushed me while in a shop, so that when I pressed A, instead of talking to the merchant, I was now stealing a sweet roll.) If I told him to wait for me, he'd disappear without a trace when I came back for him. This is all without mentioning that he sounds and talks like Gilbert Gottfried (who thought that would be a good decision?)

Was so happy to get rid of him in the end.

Sooo, I'm confused. My archery level is at level 44, but when I go to look at my skills it's red and it says it's only level 25? What's happening here, and how can I fix it?

I also just ran into that same problem. It's supposed to be 42, but it's at 15. The red is supposed to indicate it's something temporary hampering that skill, but I can't find what it is.

I did a similar thing while on that quest to get back Mjoll's lost sword. I got to the end where you have to face that dwarven centurion sentry. Wanted to fight it, but after one blast of it's steam I was out cold. I realized I could run past it and simply exit the dungeon, but considering that was hardly satisfying, I went back in to try to fight it, and won. All you need to do is shoot arrows at it from across the long hall. When it gets near, you exit the room, re-enter, and it's reset to it's position at the opposite end of the hall. Then repeat the steps as necessary. Not too sure how that was more satisfying in the end though, lol.

I know I'm rambling on strongly here, but I wanted to mention a situation in Fallout New Vegas (similar enough game, right?) where doing the exact same thing was actually extremely fulfilling.

I was only something like lvl 4, and without a follower of any kind. Walked into the town of Nipton, (the one where you find out that The Legion have murdered all the townsfolk) and was pretty pissed with what I saw. Had that talk with their leader Vulpes Inculta, where he explains what had happened. Told him he was going to pay for what he did here, and he just scoffed and started to walk away. Completely reasonable considering he had a squadron of soldiers accompanying him. Though instead of the letting him leave like I was supposed to, I ran right back up to him and shot him in the face. Seeing how I did nearly no damage, I ran for cover as quick as I could. Went into the first house I saw, but they just followed me inside. Ran back out and toward the general store where I figured that crippled gangster would provide something of a distraction for them, but they never followed me inside... So I let my health regenerate, went out killed a couple of those guys, went back in and repeated until only Vulpes remained. Took him one on one and killed his ass. Did discover and use a glitch for a small time explpoit, but it was definitely worth it here.

That's what I love about these Bethesda games. It's how you don't really have to take crap from anybody (at least not all that often.) Given a gun or a sword, you for the most part get to make the world your own.

I love that you can completely avoid the main quest and still feel like your character has had a full play through.

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but it's fixed now. lol

Also: Just killed my first dragon by myself....it doesn't seem that hard, but still a very cool experience. :D

Yeah - I just had my first 'random' encounter with one.

He was busy with trying to kill a random mage wanderer, so I hid on so rocks and pelted with arrows - then charged in and killed the wanderer and the Dragon.

So much fun

This may have been covered in thr previous 34 pages but;

how do you get to the Dragon Stone? I'm in the tomb/barrows and the main goodies are behind a a gate.There is a lever on the floor that so far just shoots arrows and I've tried playing with the movable statues/pillars/symbols on thew left but no luck.

I've spent about 1.5 hrs(at this problem) and screw it. Help please.

how do you get to the Dragon Stone? I'm in the tomb/barrows and the main goodies are behind a a gate.There is a lever on the floor that so far just shoots arrows and I've tried playing with the movable statues/pillars/symbols on thew left but no luck.

"1st door solution: Snake, Snake, Fish. The solution can be seen by looking at the two heads above the gate and the one head which has fallen to the ground. The solution order is from left to right with the head on the ground being the middle key. Pulling the lever without the correct solution will unleash a flurry of arrows into your character."

If that's the wrong door, let me know.

Pretty much everything you could need is here:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim

Each time you encounter one of those statue puzzle rooms, it should take no longer than 10 minutes to figure it out. :lol:

Although in saying that, I have been messed up before at a very simple part of a game before. I always think too complicated when of course the answer is simple.

I also just ran into that same problem. It's supposed to be 42, but it's at 15. The red is supposed to indicate it's something temporary hampering that skill, but I can't find what it is.

In the menu, go to the "Magic" section, and go to the Active Effects heading. It will tell you everything that's currently affecting your skills.

Archived