The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I love that you can completely avoid the main quest and still feel like your character has had a full play through.

Most definitely. The way I'm playing the game is by tackling one or two cities at a time. Try to finish most every quest available, then moving on. Though a lot of more interesting things you come across are in these small towns. The game's less about following the main quest, and more about exploring everything for yourself, at your own pace.

In the menu, go to the "Magic" section, and go to the Active Effects heading. It will tell you everything that's currently affecting your skills.

That's what was odd, there was nothing listed that fit the description. Luckily the negative effect just disappeared the next time I checked it.

Also, I finally got around to finishing the Markarth Forsworn quest. Found it very annoying that when I escaped jail, that Thonar Silver-Blood thanked and rewarded me like we were all of a sudden friends. The guy used his corrupt power to wrongfully imprison me for what he thought was going to be life. Like I was going to let him get away with that, lol. I wasn't there to do the guy a favour. So I snuck into his house at night and killed him while everyone was sleeping. Then a bit later a courier came up to me and gave me his will, from which I inherited a hundred coins, which made me lol hard.

I thought about it, and I was a bit surprised, because this is only the second guy I've killed unprovoked (or rather killed without being forced to) in the game so far. The other being that prisoner at Falkreath. Got pretty pissed off when he tried to almost justify killing that little girl, and pass the blame. When he was like "How about you help me out", I was like "How about a couple of arrows to the face", lol.

I think I had the Elder Scrolls Morrowind for Xbox. I hated it. laugh.gif

Well, that was Morrowind, this is Skyrim. SKYRIM! Do you hear me?!

This is the best game of the year and is probably going to be talked about for years to come!

You get it and I can guarantee that you'll be hooked from the first minute you start playing it.

Well, that was Morrowind, this is Skyrim. SKYRIM! Do you hear me?!

This is the best game of the year and is probably going to be talked about for years to come!

You get it and I can guarantee that you'll be hooked from the first minute you start playing it.

im planning on getting this next wednesday emot-parrot.gif

is the first minute an epic cutscene? frantics.gif

Sorry no time to read all 35 pages and just discovered this thread!

Anyone having glitch issues?

I have this game on PS3 and I can no longer talk to characters in the game. Can't sell weapons, items, etc. Totally can't play unless the new patch fixes this and it is really pissing me off!

Anyone know when 1.3 is coming out for the consoles?

Sorry no time to read all 35 pages and just discovered this thread!

Anyone having glitch issues?

I have this game on PS3 and I can no longer talk to characters in the game. Can't sell weapons, items, etc. Totally can't play unless the new patch fixes this and it is really pissing me off!

Anyone know when 1.3 is coming out for the consoles?

Exact same thing happened to my friend in his 115 hour playthrough. Completely broke his game.

Needless to say he's never playing it again.

I don't think I could come back from that either.

Each time you encounter one of those statue puzzle rooms, it should take no longer than 10 minutes to figure it out. :lol:

Although in saying that, I have been messed up before at a very simple part of a game before. I always think too complicated when of course the answer is simple.

Well between the dying from arrow wounds and coming back to life process I burned a lot of time :)

Hey guys just a quick question..

What can I do after level 30 to make the game challenging and fun? I mean, after you get daedric weapons/armor with enchants it gets quite easy, and there isnt the same motivation to get cool lookin gear-- because you already look badass. I dont want to stop playing, but at this point, it has like no replay value :S

Never thought this day would come...

:(

Hey guys just a quick question..

What can I do after level 30 to make the game challenging and fun? I mean, after you get daedric weapons/armor with enchants it gets quite easy, and there isnt the same motivation to get cool lookin gear-- because you already look badass. I dont want to stop playing, but at this point, it has like no replay value :S

Never thought this day would come...

:(

You can always start over as another race.

You can always start over as another race.

Or just put away the Daedric armour and weapons.

Personally, I don't use any. I don't like the idea of dealing with daemons who promise me power. I think that's just me though, lol. Even the game makes it feel like that. Those Deadra quests are so unidirectional. Once they start, there's no way out of it, but to promise your fealty to these evil creatures. Even if you didn't want to start the quest, it just hangs around till you complete whatever wrong deed needed to be done.

Consider myself lucky that I squashed two unintentionally before they started, and managed to stop one dead in it's tracks by killing someone involved. I finished two, but against my own will (but they weren't inherently evil anyways, so what the hell). Even the prizes I got for them are stashed somewhere in some damn chest. It's partially the pure evil thing, but it's also that these creatures think they could tell me what to do, like I have no choice. In a game where you get to control near everything, these Deadra things stick out like a sore thumb. I'd lose miserably, but I'd love to try to fight one of them, lol.

Personally, I don't use any. I don't like the idea of dealing with daemons who promise me power. I think that's just me though, lol. Even the game makes it feel like that. Those Deadra quests are so unidirectional. Once they start, there's no way out of it, but to promise your fealty to these evil creatures. Even if you didn't want to start the quest, it just hangs around till you complete whatever wrong deed needed to be done.

Consider myself lucky that I squashed two unintentionally before they started, and managed to stop one dead in it's tracks by killing someone involved. I finished two, but against my own will (but they weren't inherently evil anyways, so what the hell). Even the prizes I got for them are stashed somewhere in some damn chest. It's partially the pure evil thing, but it's also that these creatures think they could tell me what to do, like I have no choice. In a game where you get to control near everything, these Deadra things stick out like a sore thumb. I'd lose miserably, but I'd love to try to fight one of them, lol.

I made a traditionalist Nord who indulges in daedric quests, summons atronachs and raises the deademot-parrot.gif

I've done 3 Daedric Quests and I don't use any of the items I got from the quests. Actually, if you count the Skull of Corruption...I have 4. I only use it sometimes though, but only because it's badass since it's powered by peoples dreams you collect.

By daedrics armour/ weapons... I meant the level 100 smithing gear.. not the random artifacts.

Those are completely useless because of the overpowered smithing+enchantment in this game.

I was under the impression that the Daedric quests only give you artifacts. I have the Mace, Masque and Skull of Corruption.

Getting Smithing to 100 and making the best armour I find to be dumb. I would rather find all my gear than to max out my Smithing and create it. Everybody just grinds out the Smithing anyways. People just make lots of daggers, sell them and repeat. Where's the fun in that?

I made a traditionalist Nord who indulges in daedric quests, summons atronachs and raises the deademot-parrot.gif

Fair enough. I think it's pretty cool that you get to do stuff like that, but again, I don't like that they make it so hard to avoid that fate. It's like the game's telling me "Why the hell wouldn't you want these items?"

I've done 3 Daedric Quests and I don't use any of the items I got from the quests. Actually, if you count the Skull of Corruption...I have 4. I only use it sometimes though, but only because it's badass since it's powered by peoples dreams you collect.

That actually sounds pretty enticing, lol.

I was under the impression that the Daedric quests only give you artifacts. I have the Mace, Masque and Skull of Corruption.

Getting Smithing to 100 and making the best armour I find to be dumb. I would rather find all my gear than to max out my Smithing and create it. Everybody just grinds out the Smithing anyways. People just make lots of daggers, sell them and repeat. Where's the fun in that?

This.

Don't use a bunch of exploits to make the game easy, and then complain about the game being too easy because you used exploits.

Best exploit is having full pickpocketing and paying an individual to boost one of your skills, then just steal the money back.21355pw.gif

The last perk on the Pickpocketing tree interests the hell out of me. Being able to rip off people's armour and weapons unnoticed would be amazing. :lol:

Making them naked without them knowing? Right on.

Archived