#1141 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,763 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Unless you have a 6 year old pc that barely runs ms-dos. Like me :lol:

Yeah, seriously. My PC is like 6 or 7 years old too. I can just feel it crapping out on me. I need to save up to buy a new one, but I've been saying that for years.

This PC is so crappy, videos lag and stuff. Not fun.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#1142 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

Buy it for PC or you're a sucker, lol

I understand the advantage, but I already spend much of a work day hunched over a desk on a computer. When I play a game, I want to be lazed out on a couch. So Xbox is working for me with that.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#1143 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

I understand the advantage, but I already spend much of a work day hunched over a desk on a computer. When I play a game, I want to be lazed out on a couch. So Xbox is working for me with that.

True. That is the one upside of x box, etc. But some of the mods that have been made for the PC version are amazing which is why I would recommend the PC version by far.
Posted Image

#1144 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

True. That is the one upside of x box, etc. But some of the mods that have been made for the PC version are amazing which is why I would recommend the PC version by far.

Yeah just like with Tribes, half-life, Diablo, starcraft. On the PC user generated content keeps the game going long after the console version would have been put to rest. Christ Ive played probably 500 user made Portal levels lol.

Posted Image

#1145 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

A bloomin' Silver Hand archer keeps one-shotting me. That Farkas guy is useless. And I can't take on four SH bosses on my own. Any ideas?

My flame atronachs get toasted quickly, healing only gets me one-shotted, and nothing else seems to work either! I've not quit a dungeon yet, but...

#1146 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

A bloomin' Silver Hand archer keeps one-shotting me. That Farkas guy is useless. And I can't take on four SH bosses on my own. Any ideas?

My flame atronachs get toasted quickly, healing only gets me one-shotted, and nothing else seems to work either! I've not quit a dungeon yet, but...

I know where you are (Near the stairs that has the dart trap, aye?), do as much damage as you can and retreat to the door that takes you to the first part, keep backing out till they start thinning out and you can get them 1 on 1. Farkas is immortal on this quest, so let him distract. Also, if you are a conjurer, I find a ressed Draugr with an Ancient Nord Greatsword or battleaxe does better in this fight for you.

Good luck, it's a nasty fight

Edited by TimberWolf, 17 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#1147 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Is it true you can craft arrows and dragonbone weapons in Dawnguard!?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1148 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Retreat and come back later stocked with supplies. Or just drop down the difficulty (kinda like cheating I suppose, but it's better than being stuck in the same spot all day long). It's nasty as well the first time I did it. Took a few tries. Every time I do it with a new character though I make sure I'm well prepared.
Posted Image

#1149 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

So at level 30 I decided to completely change my Character and become a baddie. So I've gone from a spell-sword heavy armour wearing good guy to a Sneak expert thief/assassin character wearing light armour. really regretting pouring perks into the heavy armour tree now.
Posted Image

#1150 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

There should be a guy somewhere like in Solitude that you can pay to "reset" your skill trees.

#1151 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

So at level 30 I decided to completely change my Character and become a baddie. So I've gone from a spell-sword heavy armour wearing good guy to a Sneak expert thief/assassin character wearing light armour. really regretting pouring perks into the heavy armour tree now.

Download the mod that allows you to spend dragon souls on perks (assuming you have PC version)
Posted Image

#1152 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

PS3 Unfortunately. Already completed Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold and am Halfway through the Main Story, don't want to start over.
Posted Image

#1153 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

PS3 Unfortunately. Already completed Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold and am Halfway through the Main Story, don't want to start over.

Do this quest:

http://www.uesp.net/...thiah's_Calling

Get ebony chain mail, sneak in full plate and look cool doing it.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#1154 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Ah, uesp.net - the Skyrim novice's manual :)

That's saved my bacon on more than one occasion! God knows how long it's taken to put together...

#1155 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

I've been using uesp.net since my Morrowind days! That site has been beyond useful! Use-overloaded one might venture to say!

Edited by gumballthechewy, 24 July 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#1156 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

anyone DLed the new free HD texture pack thru steam for PC yet? If the screenshots are any indication I dont think my comp can run it. They look beyond amazing and the game already looks amazing on PC. Im barely running it with everything maxed right now.

Posted Image

#1157 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Conan playing / watching Skyrim. Pretty funny stuff.

http://www.webpronew...buttons-2012-08
Posted Image

#1158 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

New Skyrim DLC delayed on PS3

If you're still hooked on the newest Elder Scrolls game, we sure hope you're playing it on Xbox 360 or PC.

Because if you're on the PS3, your days of waiting for the newest downloadable content are only going to continue.

In an update posted on Bethesda's official blog, the publisher wrote, "We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality."

The expansion file gives players, among other things, the ability to join a vampire hunting mission with a group called Dawnguard, or they can become a vampire and be a part of the uprising instead.

If you become a vampire you earn a handful of new powers such as the ability to turn into a cloud of bats, as well as an attack that suspends your enemies in mid air.

The Dawnguard expansion pack is chock full of sweet, fresh digital content, providing up to 20 hours of gameplay.

Yes, Dawnguard will offer players a new main quest with two different tracks including one - for Vampire Lord and one for Dawnguard. No matter which story track the player chooses, the paths will converge at certain points and then diverge yet again.

Skyrim, an epic and wildly anticipated new entry in the Elder Scrolls series, was recognized last year by taking away the top prize - Game of the Year - at the annual Video Game Awards.

http://www.tgdaily.c...-delayed-on-ps3
Posted Image

#1159 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

^ not happy about that. <_<

#1160 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

I haven't played for nearly a month since getting stuck on that stupid companions quest. Am going to bite the bullet and lower the difficulty tonight :(

Also, I wish that the developers would do a Game of Thrones game. That franchise deserves a Skyrim-esque game.

#1161 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

^ not happy about that. <_<

It's starting to sound like it won't even get released for PS3. They didn't even drop a hint as to when it might be ready. If that's the case that really sucks and I'll probably have to wait a year or two before the price drops and I can get a GOTY edition for my Xbox.
Posted Image

#1162 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Just recently started playing again on PC with mods. I must say, the game is a lot more enjoyable on the PC. I sorta missed this game. When you don't play it for awhile, the little things, such as a thief coming up to you wanting to steal your items, are appreciated.

Edited by Toasta Brigger, 10 August 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#1163 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

DLed Dawnguard off of steam. Brings back memories of the first month or two after release where the game would freeze up every so often and I would have to use task manager to get out of it. Freezing up about ever hour or so now. Just like the main game until it was patched. Fun times.

Is it true you can craft arrows and dragonbone weapons in Dawnguard!?

Yes and Yes.

Posted Image

#1164 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

So I lowered the difficulty three notches to novice...and STILL got head-shotted by that blasted archer :lol:

Needless to say, I re-loaded and headed straight for him. Now I'm past it and can get back to enjoying Skyrim again :)

#1165 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Pretty much the best game ever, wanted to share two badarse things

1) I broke into a shop and the owner sent an assassin after me. After killing him, I snuck into her home at night and planted the note she gave the assassin into her pocket while she slept. The game will never recognize it, but I'd like to believe that it would have been terrifying.

2) I've taken to Soul Trapping important people and naming swords after them. The sword I use now is a Legendary level Glass sword that causes 10 points health absorbtion named after the Emperor, since it was his Soul I used to enchant it.

But for real, amazing in every way. Except I thought that my bounty of 1000 for a failed assassination of The Emperor was a bit lenient. I had 80,000G at the time of my arrest. I will gladly pay your bounty.

#1166 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Pretty much the best game ever, wanted to share two badarse things

1) I broke into a shop and the owner sent an assassin after me. After killing him, I snuck into her home at night and planted the note she gave the assassin into her pocket while she slept. The game will never recognize it, but I'd like to believe that it would have been terrifying.

2) I've taken to Soul Trapping important people and naming swords after them. The sword I use now is a Legendary level Glass sword that causes 10 points health absorbtion named after the Emperor, since it was his Soul I used to enchant it.

But for real, amazing in every way. Except I thought that my bounty of 1000 for a failed assassination of The Emperor was a bit lenient. I had 80,000G at the time of my arrest. I will gladly pay your bounty.

Hah, I had an elven dagger I called The Kind I named after Grelod

Edited by TimberWolf, 12 August 2012 - 05:26 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#1167 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Both those things are creepy, yet hilarious :lol:

Is there any word on what's next in the Elder Scrolls series? Obviously nothing for 3-ish years, but is there something in the pipeline?

#1168 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Is there any word on what's next in the Elder Scrolls series? Obviously nothing for 3-ish years, but is there something in the pipeline?

I'm still waiting to play Dawnguard. :sadno:
Posted Image

#1169 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

They are making an Elder Scrolls Online, should be out in a year or 2
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#1170 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

They are making an Elder Scrolls Online, should be out in a year or 2

2013. Heres the first trailer tho its completely lacking of any details : http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

EDIT: There will probably be a few more expansions for Skyrim to keep interest in the series up until the MMO arrives.(not to mention that expansions are easy money).

Edited by Offensive Threat, 16 August 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.