The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

http://ocp.uesp.net/

Did you use that to help you plan? This helped me a lot. I went from like 100 hours in my first playthrough to 75 hours in my last playthrough. It helped so much because I made sure I didn't mess anything up.

I hate how when you're like level 5 or 6 it takes like 10 hits to take down a bear. But at level 45 it takes like 100 or so.

You bet I did. Being a methodical player I am and with little free time to re-play games (I have a huge backlog of them and......achievements/trophies, LOL), I always do some "research" and plan ahead before starting an RPG so I won't later regret doing something stupid in the beginning, like killing a quest NPC for example. And uesp.net is really informative when it comes to quests and gameplay bugs.

As for level scaling, I agree that it is somewhat unfair and annoying to punish players for trying to max out their stats, or gaming experience, so to speak. But there are some perks when you max out every stat. But yeah, the scaling is ridiculously out of proportion.

I'm not sure. I had a PS3, and there wasn't any DLC.

Just The Shivering Isles and the Knights Of The Nine I got with the GOTY edition. There was a good amount for the Xbox though.

I've got the PS3 version as well, but separately with Oblivion (which includes KotN) and SI. There're no other add-ons whatsoever on the PS3. Also in the GOTY version, there is a serious vampirism bug which Bethesda did not bother to address. So guess I'm getting Skyrim for PC.

I have Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion sitting on my desk.

It's not mine, I've never played it, don't even know how I got it, I don't anything about this series, but I have it.

I like RPG games, is this worth a play? :P

HELL YES it is worth playing it. play daggerfall or morrowind first though. if you are a true fan of rpgs, you will not care much about graphics.

HELL YES it is worth playing it. play daggerfall or morrowind first though. if you are a true fan of rpgs, you will not care much about graphics.

What are those? The previous games? Probably not going to do that :P Is it really necessary to play the games that came before?

What are those? The previous games? Probably not going to do that :P Is it really necessary to play the games that came before?

not necessary but you will have a lot of fun and not regret it. anyway, if you just play oblivion, it will make complete sense without having played the previous games but just a suggestion because the whole series is great.

not necessary but you will have a lot of fun and not regret it. anyway, if you just play oblivion, it will make complete sense without having played the previous games but just a suggestion because the whole series is great.

Oh, I see. Well, this is only for when I'm extremely bored and have absolutely nothing else to do, I probably won't be getting too much into it.

Thanks.

I love doing unarmed characters in Oblivion it is the most fun and challenging in my opinion. It is easy to just hack and slash your way through or vise versa just keep using spells and get a lot of mana potions but with Hand to hand each battle feels a lot more intense and you get no combat bonus from a weapon either(you can fortify your prison wristbands if you want but thats as good as it gets) so I found it pretty fun.

Yeah, I had to put up with the vampirism glitch the first playthrough. I havn't bothered getting myself infected this time round.

I expect Skyrim to be much more thorough though. There will probably be DL content for the PS3 as well, and you'd better believe I'm going to get as much for this game as I can.

Yeah, I had to put up with the vampirism glitch the first playthrough. I havn't bothered getting myself infected this time round.

I expect Skyrim to be much more thorough though. There will probably be DL content for the PS3 as well, and you'd better believe I'm going to get as much for this game as I can.

Just get the vile lair add on you light a candle or something and you loose vampirism.

The upcoming issue of OXM will feature Skyrim as its cover...eh feature. If I'm not too busy in the next couple of days, I might be able to go look for some scans if any and post them.

In the meantime, you can check out some quality screenshots posted on OXM.co.uk, all of which, I think had already been seen in the GI magazine:

http://www.oxm.co.uk...le.php?id=25625

screenshot_17303.jpg

Archived