1416 replies to this topic

#1171 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

It pisses me off how the update of one mod affects another mod. I pretty much can't play until there's a solution or I have to sacrifice one of the mods.
Posted Image

#1172 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

just did a lotr marathon and me and another guy couldn't stop noticing the similarities between edoras and whiterun.
Posted Image

also both cities' symbols are a horse, the stairs to the keep are similar, and theoden and balgruf look alike.

#1173 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

just did a lotr marathon and me and another guy couldn't stop noticing the similarities between edoras and whiterun.
Posted Image

also both cities' symbols are a horse, the stairs to the keep are similar, and theoden and balgruf look alike.

Holy smokes how did I not see that earlier :picard:

Whiterun is my favourite place in Skyrim already, but now I'll be Expecting Grima Wormtongue round every corner :lol:

#1174 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image

A sword and sorcery fantasy game borrowing from LoTR? impossible!

Posted Image

#1175 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Started playing Dawnguard. Enjoying it very much.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1176 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Next ‘Skyrim’ DLC Release May Be ‘Hearthfire'; After Dawnguard’s Vampires, Will Zombies Be Next? [VIDEO]

August 22, 2012 2:20 PM EDT
Rumors of another "Skyrim" DLC release after "Dawnguard" are nothing new for fans of Bethesda's widely popular "Elder Scrolls" series, but as the summer comes to a close rumors seem to be heating up more than ever.

In May, ZeniMax filed a trademark for the term "Hearthfire," which is equivalent to the month September on the Tamrielic calendar. Although the company claimed ownership over this term a couple of months ago, it is likely that the rumor mill is churning again since September is almost here.

Perhaps a new "Skyrim" DLC will be unveiled next month? ZeniMax claimed ownership over the term "Dawnguard" in April, roughly about two to three months before the DLC was released last June. The trademark for "Hearthfire" was filed in late May, and if Bethesda announces new DLC content next month, it will be a similar time frame.

The nature of the trademark filed for "Hearthfire" indicates that that there could be more gameplay content to come. The official documentation from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office reads as follows:

"Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices."

When asked if this could be the title of the next "Skyrim" DLC, Bethesda responded to Venture Beat, saying the company does not comment on patent filings. However, the description alone provides strong evidence that the term "Hearthfire" will play some sort of role in a DLC expansion, whether or not it will be the name of the pack is unclear.

During the "Hearthfire" season in "Skyrim" lore, a holiday called "Tales and Tallows" takes place. This is a day of necromancy celebrated by the Mages Guild on the third of "Hearthfire." According to the official Elder Scrolls Wiki, most people avoid the streets on this day.

"A few of the oldest, more superstitious men and women do not speak all day long for fear that the evil spirits of the dead will enter their bodies," reads the "Tales and Tallows" description on The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages.

This has led to speculations that the next "Skyrim" DLC release will feature slaying zombies during this undead holiday. The previously released expansion known as "Dawnguard" gives players the choice of either playing as a vampire or joining the "Dawnguard" in slaying these blood-sucking creatures.

Perhaps the next DLC will take a similar route with zombie gameplay. It would be interesting to see what kinds of perks and abilities would be available to characters in a zombified form. Some have even likened this possibility to Rockstar's move with" Red Dead Redemption," when they decided to launch "Undead Nightmare" close to the Halloween season.

In the 2012 D.I.C.E Summit, a video was revealed that showcased what the creators behind "Skyrim" would put in the game after having one week to create whatever they pleased. This included a long list of mods and features, some of which have appeared in the "Dawnguard" DLC. This has led some fans to believe that this Game Jam video could provide some insight as to what Bethesda has in store for the next "Skyrim" expansion.

One of the revelations in the video was new spell combinations. When looking closely, it can be seen that one of the combinations reads as follows:

"Flame Raise Zombie = Conjure Flame Atronach"

This could be a clue pointing to zombie gameplay in a future DLC. The "Dawnguard" DLC release date for PlayStation 3 players has yet to be announced, as Bethesda has said earlier this month that they are "not satisfied yet with Dawnguard's performance on the PS3."

Check out the video below to see the creations from the Bethesda team for yourself. Do you think "Hearthfire" will be the next "Skyrim" expansion pack?

http://www.ibtimes.c...-hearthfire.htm

So it looks like there might be another DLC in the works yet us PS3 users are still waiting on the first one. :towel:
Posted Image

#1177 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

So it looks like there might be another DLC in the works yet us PS3 users are still waiting on the first one. :towel:

And they say PS3 is better :lol:

I hate zombies. They shouldn't really have a place in Skyrim :(

#1178 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

there is so many awesome ideas in that video! i hope they add lots of that to the next dlc...and that they release it on ps3...otherwise it's useless. :(

#1179 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

I don't think it would be zombies in the sense we see today. I think it would be the old time ones that are already in the game, like the Draugr and another story arc involving them.
Posted Image

#1180 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

I don't think it would be zombies in the sense we see today. I think it would be the old time ones that are already in the game, like the Draugr and another story arc involving them.

Good then. Zombies are boring, whereas the draugr are pretty cool. But seeing as I haven't started Dawnguard yet, it might be a while before I get to it anyway.

#1181 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Good then. Zombies are boring, whereas the draugr are pretty cool. But seeing as I haven't started Dawnguard yet, it might be a while before I get to it anyway.

You're misunderstanding what a zombie is in the context of mythology. You're thinking of modern zombie movies, and this would be absolutely nothing like that.

#1182 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

I got it the first time thanks :lol:

After not really playing for a month, I decided to plough through my stuck point and record how long I played for this month: 32 hours.

Going by 32 hours per month, I might start playing Dawnguard some time next Spring!

Also, is there any way of making dragons appear? I didn't face one in that 32 hours :(

#1183 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

I got it the first time thanks :lol:

After not really playing for a month, I decided to plough through my stuck point and record how long I played for this month: 32 hours.

Going by 32 hours per month, I might start playing Dawnguard some time next Spring!

Also, is there any way of making dragons appear? I didn't face one in that 32 hours :(

You have to do a couple of the main story line missions to trigger them.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#1184 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

You have to do a couple of the main story line missions to trigger them.

having done every story line it seems totally random on when they show up. I can go a few hours with none or 2 at a time or 3 in a row or whatever. No predictability although late game you spend far less time outside as you fast travel everywhere. Ive never been short a dragon soul to learn a new shout so the game is good on keeping you stocked up in that regard.

i know theres a mod to increase the number of dragon encounters considerably. If your into mods or dragons or both.

Posted Image

#1185 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I just one hitted a dragon by sneaking up on him while he was sleeping with a glass dagger x15 sneak with my one handed up 105%. Satisfying.

#1186 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

With this official add-on to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter's workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire, the next official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, will be available for download for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® on September 4.

Pretty underwhelming overall, but it's $5 for a home building, family building tool, if you feel it's worth it.
Considering I was looking for the those exact things to be in the game, that doesn't sound so bad.

#1187 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

having done every story line it seems totally random on when they show up. I can go a few hours with none or 2 at a time or 3 in a row or whatever. No predictability although late game you spend far less time outside as you fast travel everywhere. Ive never been short a dragon soul to learn a new shout so the game is good on keeping you stocked up in that regard.

i know theres a mod to increase the number of dragon encounters considerably. If your into mods or dragons or both.

You have to go far enough into the main story, where you fight that first dragon outside of Whiterun. After that, random dragon encounters will begin. Before that, they just don't happen.

#1188 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Pretty underwhelming overall, but it's $5 for a home building, family building tool, if you feel it's worth it.
Considering I was looking for the those exact things to be in the game, that doesn't sound so bad.

Reminds me of the four add-ons they had for Oblivion with the fighter's castle, wizard tower, thieves den, and vampire lair. But those add-ons were fully developed, just had to furnish them. At least with this add-on it makes you feel like you're building a home and can sort of customize it.

I hope it will be included in the goty edition but I doubt it will as the four Oblivion home add-ons were not. It's looking more and more like I'm getting this game on xbox after putting so much time into it on ps3.
Posted Image

#1189 edler rocks

edler rocks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

"download on xbox live set 1st" .....gaahh!!

why must they do this to me?

Edited by edler rocks, 29 August 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#1190 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

When I first started Skyrim, I also thought much of the region looked like LOTR. The lack of trees; tundra. The marshes, etc. They definitely took a page out of the LOTR books/movies, whatever.
Posted Image

#1191 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Ok, a month after release Dawnguard on PC is still buggy as hell with constant ( every 30 minutes or so) lockups requiring a restart due to a C++ runtime error. Its not me, its all over the boards everywere. Its a known problem Bethesda doesnt seem to mind not fixing.

And they are getting set to release Hearthfire on Xbox in a few days! PS3 users dont have Dawnguard at all yet and PC uses are plagued by a major bug yet Xbox is going to get the next DLC before these things get fixed. Well played Bethesda. maybe just make your games an Xbox exclusive next time and save us all some grief. I still love the game so Im just ranting.

That aside wonder how much a massive house will cost. i have over a million gold right now....

Posted Image

#1192 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

That aside wonder how much a massive house will cost. i have over a million gold right now....

From the looks of the video I think most of the cost of the house will be in raw materials used to craft it yourself.
Posted Image

#1193 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just because Bethesda can't make a bug-less PS3 version to release doesn't mean PS3 is worse. Lol.

Seriously they should work on getting ALL the systems to have Dawnguard before releasing the next DLC..... :picard:

Edited by DollarAndADream, 29 August 2012 - 09:01 PM.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#1194 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

You have to go far enough into the main story, where you fight that first dragon outside of Whiterun. After that, random dragon encounters will begin. Before that, they just don't happen.

Yeah, I did that one about 3 months ago. But 32 hours without a dragon seemed like a long time! I got one last night, finally, but that probably took the streak to c.35 hours of play.

Can you download Hearthfire without downloading Dawnguard?

#1195 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Can you download Hearthfire without downloading Dawnguard?

My guess would be yes. I'm also wondering if Bethesda plans on having a lot of miscellaneous dlc / plugins like they did with Oblivion that you could only get on Xbox.

http://www.uesp.net/...livion:Plug-ins
Posted Image

#1196 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm slightly excited for this DLC.
Might need to play a bit again.
Posted Image

#1197 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Man I haven't played this game in probably 3 or 4 months. I was planning on getting back into it a bit with Dawnguard, but that's not even out yet on PS3. :picard:

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#1198 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Ok, a month after release Dawnguard on PC is still buggy as hell with constant ( every 30 minutes or so) lockups requiring a restart due to a C++ runtime error. Its not me, its all over the boards everywere. Its a known problem Bethesda doesnt seem to mind not fixing.

And they are getting set to release Hearthfire on Xbox in a few days! PS3 users dont have Dawnguard at all yet and PC uses are plagued by a major bug yet Xbox is going to get the next DLC before these things get fixed. Well played Bethesda. maybe just make your games an Xbox exclusive next time and save us all some grief. I still love the game so Im just ranting.

Bethesda should incorporate taxes into the game so you have to pay weekly or whatever to keep your house. Also, make eating and drinking mandatory. I have a downloadable mod for this so it forces me to buy raw ingredients to make the soups, cook beef, etc. You know, give more purpose to using gold aside from just hording it which becomes the case at a certain point. I spend probably a few hundred gold a week on food alone.
Posted Image

#1199 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,505 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bethesda should incorporate taxes into the game so you have to pay weekly or whatever to keep your house. Also, make eating and drinking mandatory. I have a downloadable mod for this so it forces me to buy raw ingredients to make the soups, cook beef, etc. You know, give more purpose to using gold aside from just hording it which becomes the case at a certain point. I spend probably a few hundred gold a week on food alone.

Played Asherons Call over 10 years ago and one of the main things people bitched about was having to do tedious things all the time in game before they could go out and do fun things (like killing dragons) You wanted arrows, you had to fletch them yourself. Wanted to cast spells, you needed to collect an armlength list of ingredients for each spell. It was boring as hell and everybody hated it. They eventually streamlined it down dramatically due to the complaints. I dont need that type of thing added to any game thank you.

Posted Image

#1200 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Played Asherons Call over 10 years ago and one of the main things people bitched about was having to do tedious things all the time in game before they could go out and do fun things (like killing dragons) You wanted arrows, you had to fletch them yourself. Wanted to cast spells, you needed to collect an armlength list of ingredients for each spell. It was boring as hell and everybody hated it. They eventually streamlined it down dramatically due to the complaints. I dont need that type of thing added to any game thank you.

And thankfully people create mods so you can fletch your own arrows, and so on. +1 in the realism department
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.