The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Guest Gumballthechewy

I just found out about Hearthfire yesterday! Jeezus!!

By the way, anybody else noticed the armoured attack huskies in fort Dawnguard?

PS3 owners still can't get Dawnguard? Ha ha! :P

Guest Gumballthechewy

Maybe cause microsoft paid a trillion dollars just to have it exclusive for a short period of time lol

I don't really care why it's out for Xbox first, I just love how I can rub it in my best friends face, who is a PS3 lover.

I have both 360 and PS3 so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad I decided to buy Skyrim for Xbox.

I've had the game since Christmas and I just got to level 3 today. -_-

I really shouldn't have put this game off for so long

Wow. You should really get into it.

For me, I wish I hadn't played it so much when it first came out. Hours and hours for weeks, or months straight. I haven't played it for months now. I Skyrim'd myself out.

I don't really care why it's out for Xbox first, I just love how I can rub it in my best friends face, who is a PS3 lover.

I have both 360 and PS3 so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad I decided to buy Skyrim for Xbox.

It's not even about 360 having it exclusive now. They still haven't released it on PS3 because they say it's full of bugs and they don't want to release it until they can fix it.

Damnit Bethesda.

It's not even about 360 having it exclusive now. They still haven't released it on PS3 because they say it's full of bugs and they don't want to release it until they can fix it.

Damnit Bethesda.

I read that they just arent happy with Dawnguards overall performance on PS3 to release it yet. They released the PC version with a major bug that effects everyone every time they play so a few bugs shouldnt stop them.

• 3 weeks later...

Story time!

Did anyone else have trouble picking up this game when it first came out?

I went to the midnight opening @ EB games. I guess I went way too late because I arrived at 11 and there were at least 1000 pinheads that beat me to the punch. The parking lot was completely full and massive, massive lines. I was like, well, whatever. As eager as I am to get this game I'm not going to wait hours and potentially have EB run out of copies.

So I went to the mall the next day first thing in the morning. I was super nervous that I missed out on getting a copy until stores started doing more orders. This nervousness was only increased when I got to Best Buy and the shelf was completely empty.

Then I went to EB Games in the mall. I was the second person in line. Now, at this point I'm crapping my pants over the fact I think I wont get a copy. While I was waiting, I also got a text from a friend saying that this EB did a midnight opening too so they are probably all sold out. Now here I am freaking out big time. Calm and cool on the outside, freaking out inside, lol. But I waited it out. An hour later, the store finally opened.

Anyway, EB at the mall had an entire case full of the PC version. I freaked out for nothing. Talk about a sigh of relief! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Got hearthfire finally for PC off of steam. Not as good as an expansion or anything but worth the $5? Yeah, sure, why not. Built 2 houses complete with every addition you can put on plus the stable, cow, fishing thing, etc.

For kids theres a little girl in the orphanage who has the very creepy comment "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities." Yeah, shes a future serial killer, I took her as one of my adopted kids.

The materials needed for building a house and its contents, for the most part, are about as easy to get together without becoming tedious as possible. It takes some time but it ends up being a pretty big place and theres lots of stuff to put in it. So yeah, Hearthfires no big deal but its nice.

Got hearthfire finally for PC off of steam. Not as good as an expansion or anything but worth the $5? Yeah, sure, why not. Built 2 houses complete with every addition you can put on plus the stable, cow, fishing thing, etc.

For kids theres a little girl in the orphanage who has the very creepy comment "Kill one person, and you can solve so many problems. I wonder at the possibilities." Yeah, shes a future serial killer, I took her as one of my adopted kids.

The materials needed for building a house and its contents, for the most part, are about as easy to get together without becoming tedious as possible. It takes some time but it ends up being a pretty big place and theres lots of stuff to put in it. So yeah, Hearthfires no big deal but its nice.

That's pretty much what it is. A nice add on that's worth the asking price. If anything I wish it was something I had earlier in the game. One of my main complaints with the game was that it wasn't exactly personable, and the add-on exists to make a few simple changes against just that.

It just feels a lot better after that monster slaying to come back to that new house, with your kids and what not. There are no new questslines or anything, but there are a few cool dynamic events related to your house and family, along with a concerted effort to make the kids you adopted actually do things.

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's hilarious!

I like how your kids greet you whenever you come home.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL.

Stupid, I know.

1) I never considered that. 2) I thought it was $10-$20 to pre-order and you didn't get your money back after; another way for the store to make more money.

Obviously I was dead wrong. Dunno where I got that from :lol:

Well, now you know for the next one, lol.

I haven't played Skyrim in months. I want to, just can't seem to build the motivation to pop it into the Playstation.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Well, now you know for the next one, lol.

I haven't played Skyrim in months. I want to, just can't seem to build the motivation to pop it into the Playstation.

There's where your lack of motivation stems from! :P

Archived