The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Lol I just started my Wood Elf put in about 10 hours to get to level 10 and I'm just doing quests and nothing much Archery is almost at 40. I guess I suck? Playing on PS3. Still figuring out things my way before I start looking for "hacks" or tips from other players. Really focusing on the part where I don't die haha. Still in Whiterun.

You don't suck. It took me quite awhile to get to LVL10 also. I never used any guides or anything, as I didn't need them.

Things in Skyrim basically come to you...they made it way more simple than the other Elder Scrolls games. I know each person has their own experience and how things happen, but basically all the main things like the guilds and stuff eventually fall into your own hands.

Edit: I didn't realize this was post # 8000 for me. :lol:

Yay?

You don't suck. It took me quite awhile to get to LVL10 also. I never used any guides or anything, as I didn't need them.

Things in Skyrim basically come to you...they made it way more simple than the other Elder Scrolls games. I know each person has their own experience and how things happen, but basically all the main things like the guilds and stuff eventually fall into your own hands.

Yeah, guides are best as a last resort if your looking for something specific. Even the best players miss things that are in plain sight sometimes. My biggest problem was trying to over think puzzles, its all really straightforward. Guides can make it easier yes, but why play at all if its going to be just exploits and grinding skills.

P.S. After a few patches companions still cant walk 5 feet on their own without screwing up. Would have thought their pathing issues would have been fixed by now.

Also J'zargo is by far the single best companion in the game. A heavy armor wearing destruction dual caster. hes bad ass. Hes from the college in Winterhold. Totally bad ass. Im not even kidding.

I'm at level 47, and my skills look like this:

Conjuration - 100

One Handed - 98

Speech - 88

Light Armour - 85

Lockpicking - 77

Smithing - 75

Illusion - 65

Enchanting - 62

Archery - 55

Block - 50

Sneak - 46

Restoration - 36

Two Handed - 30

Heavy armour - 29

Destruction - 28

Alteration - 27

Alchemy - 23

Pickpocket - 19

That's without using any exploits, or maxing out the easier stats to get there. Anyone end up with similar stats?

Recently got 100 Smithing, only level 24! I just made around 1000 Iron Daggers to bring me from lvl 20 to 100. Dragon armour is awesome! And Deaduric Greatsword is awesome.

Does anybody know anything about any DLC coming out soon? If so, it better not be on XBox first. Exclusive DLCs are so stupid

With enchanting I get an extra 160% weapon damage and 80% magic resistance, plus all my destruction spells have been reduced to zero cost to cast. Enchanting rocks!

I'm playing on master setting too and survive most situations

I never use enchanting, I usually just use weapons I find.

Edit: btw whats with the sig? lol

I never use enchanting, I usually just use weapons I find.

Edit: btw whats with the sig? lol

Same here, but that's because the stuff I find is usually more powerful then the enchantments I could make. The 2 skyforge steel swords and leather body armour I use are custom enchanted, though. I hate that you can't re-enchant items, because their enchantments are pretty weak now, and I don't want to throw away those three items as I've had them since I started playing the game.

And is there something up with my sig? I dunno, lol. I find it amusing.

Tips for getting your speech that high? Im level 43 but my speech is still at 30

If you're at level 43, but only have 30 speech it would mean you probably still just started playing the game, and haven't sold much stuff. I've been playing for 200ish hours now to give you an idea, lol. Clear a dungeon, loot the place, sell the stuff you don't need, repeat.

And as for smithing, I'm slowly working my way up to a 100. I think it's gotten to the point where I should be using dragon scale armour, rather then that mishmash of leather, hide, and elven armour I've been wearing since literally forever. But thus far I haven't just sat there making iron daggers like others do. I've just been using pelts I get from killing bears/wolves, or otherwise find, which I turn into leather helmets and sell.

Same here, but that's because the stuff I find is usually more powerful then the enchantments I could make. The 2 skyforge steel swords and leather body armour I use are custom enchanted, though. I hate that you can't re-enchant items, because their enchantments are pretty weak now, and I don't want to throw away those three items as I've had them since I started playing the game.

And is there something up with my sig? I dunno, lol. I find it amusing.

If you're at level 43, but only have 30 speech it would mean you probably still just started playing the game, and haven't sold much stuff. I've been playing for 200ish hours now to give you an idea, lol. Clear a dungeon, loot the place, sell the stuff you don't need, repeat.

And as for smithing, I'm slowly working my way up to a 100. I think it's gotten to the point where I should be using dragon scale armour, rather then that mishmash of leather, hide, and elven armour I've been wearing since literally forever. But thus far I haven't just sat there making iron daggers like others do. I've just been using pelts I get from killing bears/wolves, or otherwise find, which I turn into leather helmets and sell.

once you get to 100 enchanting it becomes awesome, dual enchantments rock.

having life stealing and paralysis on your weapon is great for fights

or having magic resistance set to rings and necklaces for battles against spell casters

or having extra weapon damage enchantments, its made battle so much easier for me

I've been thinking for a while if I want to get this game or not, I have never played any Elder Scrolls game, so I'm wondering is this an easing game to get into or not?

I got this game without knowing what the heck Elder Scrolls was and I love it. Go for it!

once you get to 100 enchanting it becomes awesome, dual enchantments rock.

having life stealing and paralysis on your weapon is great for fights

or having magic resistance set to rings and necklaces for battles against spell casters

or having extra weapon damage enchantments, its made battle so much easier for me

Dual enchantments do sound awesome, but there's still a ways to go for me to reach 100. Since I use 2 swords, that would make 4 attack weapon enchantments. That's pretty sweet.

sounds like work

Yes and no. It's not like I go out and hunt the animals. I just kill them when I run into them. And when there's one, there's usually a bunch that follow.

And there's nothing else to do with the pelts. You could sell them straight up, but they provide all the material you need to make helmets on their own. And any time I'm coming back from a dungeon, the first place I go to sell my junk is the blacksmith, so it's not like I'm ever going out of my to make them.

Dual enchantments do sound awesome, but there's still a ways to go for me to reach 100. Since I use 2 swords, that would make 4 attack weapon enchantments. That's pretty sweet.

Yes and no. It's not like I go out and hunt the animals. I just kill them when I run into them. And when there's one, there's usually a bunch that follow.

And there's nothing else to do with the pelts. You could sell them straight up, but they provide all the material you need to make helmets on their own. And any time I'm coming back from a dungeon, the first place I go to sell my junk is the blacksmith, so it's not like I'm ever going out of my to make them.

Exactly and you can make hide bracers and helmets from just leather and strips then you sell them and get speech craft raised as well, it is a good strategy all around and keeps certain attributes like that rising at an even rate. Plus I think being able to do stuff with the animals that have attacked you is kind of neat and makes the game more immersive and its barely a chore because you usually have to go to the blacksmith anyway.

Edit:On my current character his archery is at 27 but is only showing up as 17 in red and I don't know what the problem is. I know the red usually means something is degrading it but there is nothing showing it in the active effects list so I don't know what to do. If any body has any idea whats going on or how to fix it I would greatly appreciate the help.

I got this game without knowing what the heck Elder Scrolls was and I love it. Go for it!

Same! I played oblivion for 20 minutes and returned it because it was crap. I still had faith in Bethesda because I loved fallout. I got skyrim and It is awesome

Archived