1416 replies to this topic

#1291 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've ditched RCRN for now. If I follow instructions to a T and eliminate every possible conflict I can think of and still have issues then I'm probably not going to piss around with it, especially if there are other similar options available.

I had most of those mods you mentioned earlier but I decided to go with Winterheart ENB instead. I'm not sure how I feel about it however. I had problems with the Wilds; the snow was blinding - it could almost destroy your retinas :unsure: . I'll get around to backing up my saves at least, good idea.

I don't use CoT, I noticed how ENB producers stressed the hell out of the incompatibility between the two mods.
Posted Image

#1292 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Anyway, this ENB installed properly but I might have a conflict with something else (notice how it's always cloudy) so I'll have to fiddle around with it some more...

Also, does your game load incredibly slow now? My game use to take ten seconds max. Since putting on ENB, the load screens take nearly a minute which is a pain in the arse when you're trying to fix an issue.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 20 February 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image

#1293 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

And then my last post for now:

This was the problem I had with the Wilds. It just looks awful:

(The second shot is suppose to be midnight)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 20 February 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#1294 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wow, that is weird. I use the Wilds ENB, and my game does not look like that at all (which you obviously know from my screenshots).

Not sure why yours looks that way. Clearly there's something happening on your end to cause everything to be so bright and washed out. I have no idea what that might be, however.

Video card settings, possibly?

RIP LB RR PD

#1295 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

What binary file are you suppose to DL for the Wilds? I grabbed any random file (dumb, whatever) the first time which is probably why it didn't work. However the tutorial doesn't say which one to use other than download the binary from the ENB forum. Winterheart tells you to use either 113 or 119.

http://www.enbdev.co...d_tesskyrim.htm

Nevermind, it's ENB 149 for the Wilds which isn't listed on that site even though the other ENB's direct you towards it :/

Oh, and Winterheart did work. It's intentionally designed to always be grey and gloomy. Not exactly what I was working for but nice nonetheless.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#1296 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Anyway, these are the last shots for a while. It's working. I haven't added some of the other recommended mods but I probably will if I think they're worth it. Not much of a drop in FPS. But I don't know why there is such an ugly blending of the background as shown in the fourth picture. Something to do with the .ini files I assume.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1297 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

The Wilds ENB uses ENBseries 12.12.12, if I remember correctly. It didn't even cross my mind that you might be using the wrong one, lol, I should have thought of that.

Oh, and that's not "blending" in the background. That's Depth-of-Field (DOF), which means it makes things out of focus if they are far away and not centered on your screen. That can be removed in your enbseries.ini by setting EnableDepthOfField=false in the "Effects" section.

Edited by Jai604, 21 February 2013 - 12:21 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#1298 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Upon further investigation, I realized that the build of "the Wilds ENB" I was using runs ENBseries 12.12.12. It looks like the final version of the Wilds ENB was just released and I don't know which version of ENBseries it uses. I'm going to test it out, take some screens, and report back.

RIP LB RR PD

#1299 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

The Wilds ENB uses ENBseries 12.12.12, if I remember correctly. It didn't even cross my mind that you might be using the wrong one, lol, I should have thought of that.

Oh, and that's not "blending" in the background. That's Depth-of-Field (DOF), which means it makes things out of focus if they are far away and not centered on your screen. That can be removed in your enbseries.ini by setting EnableDepthOfField=false in the "Effects" section.

Okay, thanks, I'll check that out. ^_^ . Ya, I don't like it, it's like you're really drunk and things are getting real blurry.
Posted Image

#1300 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Not sure if I like the final build of the Wilds as much as I like the one I'm already using.

The colours seemed more saturated and the blacks aren't as dark. I may have had digital vibrance (color saturation) on 90% when I used it, but I'm not sure. I use 50% for most things, but for CS:GO, I use 90% because it's a lot easier to see people when the colours aren't so washed out.

I will give the new Wilds ENB another look, we'll see.

RIP LB RR PD

#1301 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Mobile

#1302 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I decided to go back to RCRN. What can I say, I'm indecisive :lol: but yes, I'm sticking with it now.
Posted Image

#1303 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I decided to go back to RCRN. What can I say, I'm indecisive :lol: but yes, I'm sticking with it now.

Hahaha.

Did you ever try some of the other ENBs?

Sharpshooter's ENB
Cinematic Lighting ENB
Superb ENB
Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX ENB
SkyRealism ENB
Jasmin ENB

Those are all quite good, and it really depends on your tastes. Give em a try, perhaps? The easiest way to switch ENBs in and out is to just copy your current skyrim folder with the settings you like (so, with RCRN installed) and have a stock skyrim folder to install your ENB into. Make a copy of the stock folder, install the ENB, if you don't like it, delete it and overwrite with the Skyrim folder with RCRN, and voila, back to normal.

Truth be told, RCRN is great, so there's really no need to switch. If you want all the injected post-porcessing like FXAA and SSAO, I think there's an RCRN add-on for that, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Jai604, 26 February 2013 - 06:53 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#1304 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hahaha.

Did you ever try some of the other ENBs?

Sharpshooter's ENB
Cinematic Lighting ENB
Superb ENB
Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX ENB
SkyRealism ENB
Jasmin ENB

Those are all quite good, and it really depends on your tastes. Give em a try, perhaps? The easiest way to switch ENBs in and out is to just copy your current skyrim folder with the settings you like (so, with RCRN installed) and have a stock skyrim folder to install your ENB into. Make a copy of the stock folder, install the ENB, if you don't like it, delete it and overwrite with the Skyrim folder with RCRN, and voila, back to normal.

Truth be told, RCRN is great, so there's really no need to switch. If you want all the injected post-porcessing like FXAA and SSAO, I think there's an RCRN add-on for that, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't even know what SSAO does. I know FXAA can be enabled on your own through options but I don't know what it does either. Sure I could look it up but it doesn't really matter to me quite frankly.

I think I would stick with the Winterheart one if I had to go back. It's darker and gloomy. The Wilds I found to be too bright and colourful, especially at night. Whether that it was intended or I am missing a couple mods for the night time or have to configure settings to do so... it seems to be too much work when RCRN addresses all these things for me by simply installing it. I don't have much time to play this game anyway so when I do get the chance I don't want to be pissing around with troubleshooting or installing mods. I've had Dawnguard since Christmas and haven't even attempted at playing the new campaign yet :unsure:

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 28 February 2013 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

#1305 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. A complete waste of time thus far. Next time I have a mod like such that works flawlessly, I'm not going to change it, I don't care what the additions are in the new version.

RCRN 3.5 worked great. 3.6 has been a complete dud. I've eliminated all weather mods that could possibly conflict with RCRN. I've reinstalled RCRN. I've viewed the files in both Winterheart and the Wild and have am absolutely sure I have removed all files of those from my Skyrim folder to prevent any sort of conflict, yet the weather systems in RCRN are F@cked right up and seem to be irreversible.

Won't rain anywhere, snows in Winterhold but not Windhelm, like wtf.

Hopefully the RCRN community can help because that's where I'm discussing this but they haven't really told me anything I don't already know.
Posted Image

#1306 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

I don't know what to tell you, haha. I realize RCRN does things that an ENB does not do, like changing dynamic weather. In that regard, I can't help you because I haven't used RCRN, and I had Climates of Tamriel but disabled it because it was freaking snowing ALL THE TIME (realistic and immersive, yes, but looked terrible and was annoying).

Yes, "The Wilds" ENB is very colourful, and it's meant to be that way. Every ENB has a different colour palette so they will look different. Some are darker and gloomier like Winterheart, while others, like The Wilds, are brighter and more saturated.

FXAA stands for fast-approximate anti-aliasing, which basically is a way to make jagged edges look smooth. SSAO stands for screen-space ambient occlusion, which in simple terms is an advanced algorithm for making light behave like real light in the way it radiates and reflects off surfaces.

Those two things are ways to make your game look better and more realistic, but will incur a loss of framerate. The loss will, of course, depend on your computer's capability.

RIP LB RR PD

#1307 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, so I seemed to have fixed my game with help from the community. I ultimately had to reinstall my game and get a fresh skyrim folder. Weather effects are working now. However it rained constantly in Riften and Whiterun for a week so because the weather cycle was stuck. I did a quick console command to reset the weather cycle, and that worked, I think. I'll have to test it out again quickly to see if the command truly did work or if the game is just jerkin' me around like last time. One thing is for sure: I'd rather have the weather effects working than not working.

Posted Image

The second shot here is a kill shot. If you guys have any awesome kill animation shots, upload them :P

Posted Image

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 10 March 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

#1308 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Okay, yeah, I knew what AA was but not the FX part. Those things definitely do make your game look better. Of course if you can't run this game with full graphics then you're missing out because it's way better when everything is topped out and with a few mods to boot. Awesome experience. Fortunately I can ^_^ ..... Except for Warzones sometimes, but that's only because there's 50 NPC's on the screen battling, swords swinging and mages blowing sh1t up. Nobody's PC can handle that for too long before crashing.
Posted Image

#1309 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Do you have the Hypothermia Camping Survival mod? Pretty awesome so far. I had the original camping mod. But this is even better; it forces you to camp and set up a fire depending on the situation otherwise you'll freeze to death. Kinda like the tv show Man vs Wild but this is the Skyrim edition. B)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11163
Posted Image

#1310 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I haven't installed any immersive mods that change gameplay yet. I'm still working on my first playthrough, and basically just working on finishing up the main storyline, and DawnGuard.

After my first playthrough, I will play it through again and install the Hypothermia mod, and some other immersive, gameplay-altering mods.

RIP LB RR PD

#1311 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hah!

This still doesn't work. What a joke. I've used TES5 Mod Cleaner and wasn't prompted with any errors. I'm done with RCRN. For some reason it just WILL NOT work.
Posted Image

#1312 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hah!

This still doesn't work. What a joke. I've used TES5 Mod Cleaner and wasn't prompted with any errors. I'm done with RCRN. For some reason it just WILL NOT work.

Maybe try a clean install of the game?

#1313 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Maybe try a clean install of the game?

I did that too.

I have made it known that I love the mod and appreciate their help but I will have to give it up unless someone can supply me with a miracle solution overnight. I've let them know what I have done over the past couple weeks now, shown them my load order, etc, so we'll see..
Posted Image

#1314 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I did that too.

I have made it known that I love the mod and appreciate their help but I will have to give it up unless someone can supply me with a miracle solution overnight. I've let them know what I have done over the past couple weeks now, shown them my load order, etc, so we'll see..

Oh ok, well I wish you luck. Nothing worse than something that should be working yet isn't.

I hate electronics and computers...

#1315 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Oh ok, well I wish you luck. Nothing worse than something that should be working yet isn't.

I hate electronics and computers...

Thanks, but..

I gave up with it. For whatever reason it was incompatible with my saved game. That is the only logical conclusion I can draw at this point
Posted Image

#1316 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well, too bad RCRN doesn't work for you.

My setup is still working just fine, and still looks as good as ever. :)

RIP LB RR PD

#1317 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

ya; I should have stopped fiddling with it sooner.

You can get pretty much the same thing with a combination of weather effect mods and lighting mods -- which is what I've done. It runs fine now.
Posted Image

#1318 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Action shots, as requested: B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jai604, 26 March 2013 - 04:18 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#1319 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#1320 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.