The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

Archie and Kass United :shock: . Is this b/c Pinni's injured?

Yep, Pinizzotto left Saturday night's game and didn't return. Hopefully it's not his shoulder again.

Archibald and Kassian up front on the powerplay wreaking havoc. :bigblush:

And it's pretty sad we have to call up Blain to run the powerplay. If Connauton was doing his job they wouldn't need to.

Yep, Pinizzotto left Saturday night's game and didn't return. Hopefully it's not his shoulder again.

Archibald and Kassian up front on the powerplay wreaking havoc. :bigblush:

And it's pretty sad we have to call up Blain to run the powerplay. If Connauton was doing his job they wouldn't need to.

I'm very excited about wednesdays game! Could be a reclamation of the bash bros.. Nice to see a new face in the line up too!

Just about every aspect of the defence sucks.

The good players are being regressed due to the lack of decent depth.

We make enough chances to win 3 games every night and it looks like we either have a bunch of badge or board hitters. Even so Climie had to play out of his skin to keep us in the game.

There is too much dead wood, little or no down the lines system and an all round lack of intensity. It seems to me Arneill is labouring......much like MacT was last season.

The goals we give up are a disgrace. We better get the NHL Season started soon before Tanev gets wrecked.

PS. I liked Archibald's contribution and hope he gets a settled role and a chance to show some consistency.

The defence has really struggled a lot the past two seasons. A pattern i see often is that they end up chasing the puck too much and leaves them out of position a lot. Especially in the offensive zone they are very stagnant and lead feet. They dont move and play a very superficial perimeter game that whenever they play the puck its picked off easily. They need to start driving the net and moving their feet to limit the odd man chances and etc.

The defencesive game from the whole team has really dropped considerably since last year. That backend sorely misses Baumgartner who was the one who put things back together in the backend. Someone on the team has to pick up the reigns and start leading.

See we are scoring more now, but we need to start stopping the puck, which is now the roll-reversal of the problem the Wolves had at the beginning of the season...stopped most of the pucks but had the hardest time scoring.

None the less I liked Archie's game...physical, drove the net...keep it up and he may see himself some regular duty.

Yes another good game from Archibald to-night. I hadn't appreciated how cerebral his game was before. I thought he was just a big cruncher before watching him this season. He really seems to have hockey smarts.

I want this guy to succeed and have no idea why he seems to spend so much time in the wilderness. I imagined it was attitude but if it was he seems to have sorted himself out.

It's only 2 games though and judging by Tanev's regression this team's systems/coach have the ability to suck talent like a black hole sucks light.

I'm surprised by how well Archibald is doing. TBH, I thought maybe the Canucks wasted a contract spot on him initially.... happy he's proving me wrong. I am hoping he keeps progressing.

Slowly the Canucks are address their need for players with size. Kassian - 6'3 220lb, Archibald - 6'3 200lbs, Grenier - 6'5 200lb, and Jensen - 6'3 190lb are all big players who can actually skate too. Having a smaller centre in Schroeder doesn't seem to be as big as a problem anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived