The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

Yeah nice work by greinier, we love to see him up for a stint, I wonder how he compares to dalpe skill wise?

They're different players, so hard to compare them. I'd say Dalpe's a more responsible choice defensively, and that he plays center so Grenier wouldn't be replacing him in the line up anyway. The only way they'd be competing for a spot is if a RW spot in the top 9 opens up since we could either call Grenier up to fill it directly, or call Welsh back up to center the 4th and move Dalpe into that RW spot instead.

But this is an Archibald thread, so good for him to be doing so well after his stint with the Canucks, and hopefully he continues it and he earns a spot with the team as a result.

Archie looks like he brings a lot of what Torres brought in his time here. I think he makes the team out of camp next year.

I'm thinking he is recalled towards the end of the season...assuming Vcr makes the play-offs. IMO he's a better option than Sestito in the play-offs. He's in Utica polishing his game with lots of ice time. Mind you Sestito isn't giving up his position easily. He's been doing maybe the best he's played since he joined the club

For my part to make it to the NHL you have to be good at every thing and exceptional at one thing. What makes Archibald stand out ( just a devils advocate here ) what seperates him from Grenier, Dalpe or vice versa

What makes him stand out is the edge he brings with his game. He not only is willing to mix it up, get in other players faces, and drop the gloves, but he seems to enjoy it too.

He's a big man that can skate, agitate, and dominate physically.

^^ Good call. Surprised he wasn't called up before when they called up ferriero

Ferriero was called up because Higgins had the flu and it was only going to be a 1 game recall. Now that Booth/Weise are sitting/injured Archibald gets called up because the team expects him to play more than 1 game with the club. Could be a Booth trade for a prospect. Or he's injured again, who knows.

Archived