The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

Here's his between the legs goal! :shock:

I think we may have a beauty of a player here...That takes guts to try that in a game, especially a playoff game. Unreal goal! :D

I'm not sure if even Byfuglien has as good of a size/hands/cockiness package as that. That's simply off the charts ballsy, and infuriating for opponents ESPECIALLY since it's in a playoff game. Only thing missing was taunting the crowd...

Guest Dasein

Wow. Where did this guy come from?

6'3" 211lb Left wing power forward...droool

Yes, he's an overager in the OHL, but this looks like a power forward in the making. I don't really know much about him, but if his defensive play is solid, I can see him develop in the AHL next year while being called up for injuries.

Archibald-Kesler-Hodgson in a couple years? Hodgson has great vision and would be a playmaking winger like St. Louis and Tanguay. Cody will probably center the 3rd line if we don't resign Manny (all indications point to him coming back from the injury), but I think we will--he's such a classy person. I can see Hodgson move off Kesler's wing and become the 2nd line center once the Sedins tail off and fall to 3rd line (3-5 years).

Cody would look great feeding the puck to Kesler for one-timers (our St Louis-Stamkos combo except Kesler can actually play defense--Cody actually played wing on Stamkos at U-18 so this is a real possibility) and Archibald driving to the net for the dirty goals. This line would have everything: power forward left wing, sniper/shutdown center and playmaking right wing (who also has a nice shot).

In 2-3 years:

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows(1a) - Probably will get more points--only by a small margin

Archibald-Kesler-Hodgson(1b) - Probably will get more ice time--Kesler already gets more than H. Sedin

B. Sweatt-Malhotra-Hansen(3) - B. Sweatt's speed and hands compliment the line well and adds offense

Rodin-Lapierre-Oreksovich(4) - Crash and bang with a Swedish twist (adds scoring touch)

If Archy's not ready, maybe Rodin or B Sweatt can take his spot. I think Rodin is going to be pretty good. Probably will end up being better than our 1st round pick from the same year in Schroeder.

West Coast Express reloaded! ;)

Look for Archie to make some noise at Canucks training camp though. He is 21 after all, and clearly has the size. Could be a cheap replacement for Torres if he can crack the roster. You never know...

I was hoping that it would be Brouwer's spot...

Imagine that.

Well Johnson signed with the Hawks so you never know....

So, now that Archibald & Friesen's OHL seasons are over, is it off to the Moose to help prolong a Calder Cup run?

Gillis would probably prefer that, but it's up to Heisinger if he wants to sign them to an ATO contract.

If he feels like he's got a good enough team though, he might not wanna mess with the chemistry.

...yeah....and Kesler was nothing more than a checker at one point...

a big guy with hands and can skate? with polish and fine-tuning he will be a top 6 forward imo

This.

It basically comes down to how much work Archibald is willing to do. He has the genetics to be something special... we're just going to have to see what he makes of himself.

Gillis would probably prefer that, but it's up to Heisinger if he wants to sign them to an ATO contract.

If he feels like he's got a good enough team though, he might not wanna mess with the chemistry.

they'll either join the nucks or the moose to watch/practice with the teams I don't think they'll see any game time though.

they'll either join the nucks or the moose to watch/practice with the teams I don't think they'll see any game time though.

I don't think they can join the Canucks, they're not even signed to an ELC yet are they?

Either way, they'll likely be joining the Moose, whether it's to practice or play.

I don't think they can join the Canucks, they're not even signed to an ELC yet are they?

Either way, they'll likely be joining the Moose, whether it's to practice or play.

Archibald has. You wouldn't be talking about him if it wasn't for his signing with us :P

can't they call Archi to the Moose now that the Dogs are out of the playoffs?

they can sign him to an ATO for the remainder of the playoffs if they want. I'd slot him in, but that's the moose's call.

Archived