The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

I have really liked the way that Darren has played at the youngstars games. What I have notices is that he backchecks fairly well and has been able to cause turnovers.

The obvious part of his game is that of the points. I could see he playing well on te wolves this year, but what I am more excited for is having a legit powerforward prospect in the system.

Except Darren Archibald can skate and has better hands.

53 points as a d-man on that Thrashers team that existed last year. Doesn't sound like a guy that has too bad of hands. And actually Buff and Archibald's speed is pretty similar along with stride style. It's sorta freaky to me how similar they are.

• 4 weeks later...

would he be a option to bring up in the playoff for more size than Volpatti? and make our fourth line better I am guessing he is not ready for full time yet but in a year or to?

Volpatti plays so much bigger than he actually is, and he is a much better skater than Archibald at the moment. I don't think we'll see Archibald up here this season, but in a year or two he might just crack the roster or at least get some call-ups.

Volpatti plays so much bigger than he actually is, and he is a much better skater than Archibald at the moment. I don't think we'll see Archibald up here this season, but in a year or two he might just crack the roster or at least get some call-ups.

yeah but volpatti has stone hands and zero hockey vision. he's going to look like Tanner Glass in the playoffs which is not good.

Archibald will need some time. In 2 years I'd say.

Slumps happen. This guy has shown he can kill it. Hopefully he comes around in the next couple weeks (assuming he's getting ice time).

He was getting loads of ice time; was on the 2nd line with Schroeder and Oreskovich. But i'd say he was the weakest on that line, he worked hard and played physical, but didn't generate a lot. Now with them losing a bit and MacT switching up the lines, Archibald was moved to the 3rd/4th line last game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived