The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, samurai said:

scored tonight as well.  Benning get this guy up here.   Defo a bottom six guy can do it all.    One of the standouts in camp.   Roll the bloody dice already!!!

Archie has had chances and basically he freezes. I don't think he is much of a fighter either.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

Hate to say I told you so but... wait no I love saying it! I TOLD YOU SO!

You are aware that's from November right?

He had a broken face and the upcoming TDL likely to open up contract slots. 

But sure, you 'win' :lol:

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Hopefully he can teach Virtanen how to finish his checks on a consistent basis!

He flipped him right over! Looking forward to his first game in Canucks uniform this year!

I hope The Comets don't suffer from losing him for a bit, he's having a good bounce-back after his injury, would hate to see Utica drop in the standings.

Definitely rooting for Archie. Hopefully he makes the most of his chance. I’ve been hard on him in the past because I love his AHL game but have often been disappointed with his NHL performances. To his credit, he’s worked hard on his deficiencies and is a much better skater now. Hopefully this will mean he can now cope with the NHL pace and still bring his physical game. He’s also a more compete and mature player now, so I like his chances better this time around and think he has a chance to make an impact and maybe even scratch out a regular role at the next level. He certainly brings an element we’ve been missing in many games lately and that’s generally in short supply on this roster. 

Archived