The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

4 hours ago, Brobidus said:

Congratulations Darren! Here is our replacement for Dorsett. Could probably end up being a better fit at the role than Dorsett. I love his mentality. Really excited for him and definitely rooting for him.

A better fit than Dorsett? Dorsett was AMAZING and hopefully will be remembered for how well he performed in his last hoorah.

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Him coming up is gonna hurt the Comets but you can't help but feel good for a player like Archi. I don't expect him to replace Dors but he'll help bring some of what we lost when we lost him.

any player who has been thru as much as he has is a real feel good story. I am hoping he comes in with a bang and sticks for a while. 

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Was one of the bright spots tonight.  The team is way too soft right now so I'm hoping he sticks around as a 4th line banger.

I thought he had a great game. Skating is decent, nice setup in front of the net and at least 3 solid hits. I liked him in the pre-season as well. 

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought he had a great game. Skating is decent, nice setup in front of the net and at least 3 solid hits. I liked him in the pre-season as well. 

He blew three or four neutral zone coverages and didn't see his own man for a few breakouts but that could largely be to nerves.    He needs to tidy up play in his own end but he looked like he belonged.

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Was one of the bright spots tonight.  The team is way too soft right now so I'm hoping he sticks around as a 4th line banger.

Couldn't agree more. I suspect Archibald stays with the team until the end of the season. He's clearly a favorite of Greener's and he's doing something on this team that most of the other players aren't and that's be physical.

I read an article that said that basically at the end of this past training camp, one of the reasons Travis Green had to cut Archie was because he didnt have an NHL deal. The higher ups didnt want to sign him. But I'm glad a correction was made. With Dorsett's career done, I expect Archibald to get re-signed after this year and become a 4th line fixture for this team considering he'll be cheap.

I want to see what Zach MacEwen does next. A 4th line with Zach and Archie is something I want to see... soon.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Couldn't agree more. I suspect Archibald stays with the team until the end of the season. He's clearly a favorite of Greener's and he's doing something on this team that most of the other players aren't and that's be physical.

I read an article that said that basically at the end of this past training camp, one of the reasons Travis Green had to cut Archie was because he didnt have an NHL deal. The higher ups didnt want to sign him. But I'm glad a correction was made. With Dorsett's career done, I expect Archibald to get re-signed after this year and become a 4th line fixture for this team considering he'll be cheap.

I want to see what Zach MacEwen does next. A 4th line with Zach and Archie is something I want to see... soon.

That would be great to see. 

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

1 game doesn't make a career but I sure liked what I saw in Carolina. Go Archie! 

No it certainly does not. But he seemed comfortable in his role. He won't be relied upon to score or play a ton of minutes the way he is in Utica. On the Canucks he can keep his game simple.  

20 hours ago, hammertime said:

I have thought for a while now that Archie could become a very good NHL checker.  

When Archie was called up one year (2014?) I remember watching him on a line with Kassian.

And going to the PGT wishing Darren had Zach's size, speed, skills? I watched him skate straight past Zach headfirst into puck battles blazing.  Watched him go in hard on the fore check. The point was he skated, competed & battled.  He did not have Zach's ability to handle the puck. Zach is a bit more of a monster in a fight. At the time I suggested Zach would be the star we wanted him to be? If he took up Archibald's approach to the game...

I welcome Darren, honestly hope he makes it.  Happy for him, and nice to see the Canucks reward some lunch pail guys like Archibald & Biega with one way deals!

Another strong game for Archie. His skating is much better than I remembered. In 2 games he is showing that he makes his team mates better IMHO. Virtanen was already playing a stronger game but is it me or is he finishing his checks with more authority. :) 

Archived