The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Archibald gets a solid contract. He worked well with Sutter. 

Too many cream puffs on the current canucks roster. Definately need an Archie on the club. Sign him now.

Great reward and encouraging to the guys in Utica to see one of their own promoted based on hardwork and merit. 

9 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Get on it Jim!

If Jim signs Beagle/Roussel like what's been rumored, I doubt Archibald is re-signed.

The Canucks probably hoped he'd cave and sign a two way deal by now but Archie clearly wants a one way. Some other team will sign him. And he'll probably get waived midseason by that team. At that point, the Canucks could sign him...

7 minutes ago, Quantum said:

If Jim signs Beagle/Roussel like what's been rumored, I doubt Archibald is re-signed.

The Canucks probably hoped he'd cave and sign a two way deal by now but Archie clearly wants a one way. Some other team will sign him. And he'll probably get waived midseason by that team. At that point, the Canucks could sign him...

That's the thing, is Archibald expecting to be a regular on another team? I guess it's possible. All he has to do to be a regular is beat out Leipsic and Dahlen. Hmmm, don't like his odds. If VAN signs Roussel, then Archie is done with the Canucks. 

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's the thing, is Archibald expecting to be a regular on another team? I guess it's possible. All he has to do to be a regular is beat out Leipsic and Dahlen. Hmmm, don't like his odds. If VAN signs Roussel, then Archie is done with the Canucks. 

We already have what Leipsic delivers but we need big bodies to enforce the zone pressure not skate on the perimeter.

24 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At 28, this could be his last chance at an NHL contract and he's pushing for it.  I guess, he should be tactically but he showed last year that he can only be effective for a few games at a time.  He's got the right tool box (PK, physical) but he just doesn't sustain his play at a high enough level.  I wish him well.

He was better this past year than in his first stint, but not by so much I'll be upset if we don't sign him. He'd have to be on a favourable contract, and of course if we do sign other players to fill similar roles he could be redundant anyway. I like the guy though, hopefully it works out for him.

I think at the end of the day, him leaving is probably the better for both sides. Frees up more space for the youth, and Archibald could get a much more prominent chance elsewhere than here, as much as it seems weird considering we're a bottom 10 team.

I wish him the best. He's such a likeable guy.

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's unfortunate. He'll get scooped up for sure. 

Like the guy, but if he's "scooped up" it's not be on an NHL roster. He's 28 with 43 career NHL games. He'd be going to a team to be competition for younger players to beat out during camp. I wish him the best, but unfortunately it's most likely career AHLer with call up duty. Still not a bad living if you ask me.

Archived