Sign in to follow this  
avelanch

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

As are Boucher and Biega.

Probably, although less so than Archie.

Boucher, while ~3.5 years younger than Arch, has a much more proven track record in the NHL and has accumulated more games played.

And Biega has certainly proven himself to be a pretty solid #8D in the NHL. He’s comfortable in the spare role and always seems to give it his all when he comes into the lineup. Can’t really ask more of your spare players. Obviously, in the AHL, he’s a cornerstone defender and captain material, while in the NHL, he really shouldn’t play unless there are injuries.

I’d say Biega and Boucher are at least guys that you could see other NHL teams employing as depth players, while Archie, much as I like him, hasn’t really proven that he’s worth more than an occasional cup of coffee in the bigs, before his play kinda peters out and deserves to be demoted again.

EDIT: Archibald is a great AHL guy though, and I’m sure the Comets love getting him back. I believe he’s known as “The Mayor” down in Utica.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, krutovsdonut said:

cleared waivers today.  i get the sense green was not happy with his game this stint.

it was just like every other stint of his, minus a game and a half of being noticeable.

• Like 1

From the Utica Comets channel:

"It's always Monday when I'm on the ice." :lol:

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

The word that comes to mind for that 7 minutes I'll never get back is vacuous.

I'm almost as happy that this undying experiment is over as I was when the jordan subban project was cancelled.

christ, am I racist?

I'll miss Archie. He was mediocre at best in the NHL, but I loved him in Utica. I'm sure the fans there will be heartbroken.

22 hours ago, -AJ- said:

How odd and funny that the day after they release this video, he gets dealt.

So long, Archie, you were a good soldier for Utica!

• Upvote 2

Some stat comparables as Archibald leaves the organization.  Leaves the Canucks a respectable 280th in all-time Canuck scoring.  He earned every notch up that list

279.  Tyler Motte C 55 8 6 14
280.  Darren Archibald RW 52 6 8 14
280.  Doug Smith C 40 6 8 14
280.  Mats Lindgren C 54 5 9 14

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Some stat comparables as Archibald leaves the organization.  Leaves the Canucks a respectable 280th in all-time Canuck scoring.  He earned every notch up that list

279.  Tyler Motte C 55 8 6 14
280.  Darren Archibald RW 52 6 8 14
280.  Doug Smith C 40 6 8 14
280.  Mats Lindgren C 54 5 9 14

14 points in 55 games keeps Motte in the league. But 14 points in 52 games gets you squat?

27 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

14 points in 55 games keeps Motte in the league. But 14 points in 52 games gets you squat?

Archie is almost 29yo, no one can argue he didn't get his kick at the can.  He's a journeyman AHL'er - he knows that, so does everyone else.

Motte's still pretty young and has steadily,  albeit not spectacularly, improved every year.

I know who I'd keep in the franchise  - absolutely no disrespect to Archie. 

• Upvote 3

Archibald leaves Utica as 3rd all-time in assists with 69 assists, 2nd in points with 144 points, 1st in goals with 75 goals, 1st in PIM with 397 PIM, and 1st in games played with 304 games. I think a strong case could be made for Archibald as the greatest Utica Comet of all-time as of now. I think only Alex Grenier could rival him in that claim.

• Upvote 1