#361 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,791 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Jason shaver@theshaves
Wendell Young said Archibald's willingness to go to the front of the net will address a team need. Blain's strength is quarterbacking the pp

#362 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Archie and Kass United :shock: . Is this b/c Pinni's injured?

Yep, Pinizzotto left Saturday night's game and didn't return. Hopefully it's not his shoulder again.

Archibald and Kassian up front on the powerplay wreaking havoc. :bigblush:

And it's pretty sad we have to call up Blain to run the powerplay. If Connauton was doing his job they wouldn't need to.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#363 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Yep, Pinizzotto left Saturday night's game and didn't return. Hopefully it's not his shoulder again.

Archibald and Kassian up front on the powerplay wreaking havoc. :bigblush:

And it's pretty sad we have to call up Blain to run the powerplay. If Connauton was doing his job they wouldn't need to.

I'm very excited about wednesdays game! Could be a reclamation of the bash bros.. Nice to see a new face in the line up too!

Edited by JohnLennon, 26 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#364 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Let's go big Archie!

Looks like the Wolves can use his size if he maintains form from Kalamazoo.

I also echo DeNiro; concerned about K-Not!

#365 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just about every aspect of the defence sucks.
The good players are being regressed due to the lack of decent depth.
We make enough chances to win 3 games every night and it looks like we either have a bunch of badge or board hitters. Even so Climie had to play out of his skin to keep us in the game.
There is too much dead wood, little or no down the lines system and an all round lack of intensity. It seems to me Arneill is labouring......much like MacT was last season.

The goals we give up are a disgrace. We better get the NHL Season started soon before Tanev gets wrecked.

PS. I liked Archibald's contribution and hope he gets a settled role and a chance to show some consistency.

Edited by Bodee, 30 November 2012 - 03:48 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#366 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

The defence has really struggled a lot the past two seasons. A pattern i see often is that they end up chasing the puck too much and leaves them out of position a lot. Especially in the offensive zone they are very stagnant and lead feet. They dont move and play a very superficial perimeter game that whenever they play the puck its picked off easily. They need to start driving the net and moving their feet to limit the odd man chances and etc.

The defencesive game from the whole team has really dropped considerably since last year. That backend sorely misses Baumgartner who was the one who put things back together in the backend. Someone on the team has to pick up the reigns and start leading.

See we are scoring more now, but we need to start stopping the puck, which is now the roll-reversal of the problem the Wolves had at the beginning of the season...stopped most of the pucks but had the hardest time scoring.

None the less I liked Archie's game...physical, drove the net...keep it up and he may see himself some regular duty.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY, 30 November 2012 - 11:13 AM.

2moy3iq.png

#367 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,791 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Archi's really making a case for him to stay up, a goal tonight, and was 3rd star.

#368 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

didn't he draw the penalty that led to his goal as well?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#369 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Yes another good game from Archibald to-night. I hadn't appreciated how cerebral his game was before. I thought he was just a big cruncher before watching him this season. He really seems to have hockey smarts.

I want this guy to succeed and have no idea why he seems to spend so much time in the wilderness. I imagined it was attitude but if it was he seems to have sorted himself out.

It's only 2 games though and judging by Tanev's regression this team's systems/coach have the ability to suck talent like a black hole sucks light.
Kevin.jpg

#370 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

2 goals in 3 games so far, good to see!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#371 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hockey smarts, good hands, heart and soul, huge. I really hope he continues to progress, our 3rd line needs a guy like this.
Posted Image

#372 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Lp

#373 keredz

keredz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Archie is looking great out there. Loving that he drives to the net.

#374 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

I want to see a line of:
Archibald - Schroeder - Kassian
at some point at least.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#375 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,791 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I want to see a line of:
at some point at least.

Agreed, those two would sure open up the ice for Schroeder.

#376 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I want to see a line of:
at some point at least.

AHL or NHL ;)?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#377 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm surprised by how well Archibald is doing. TBH, I thought maybe the Canucks wasted a contract spot on him initially.... happy he's proving me wrong. I am hoping he keeps progressing.

Slowly the Canucks are address their need for players with size. Kassian - 6'3 220lb, Archibald - 6'3 200lbs, Grenier - 6'5 200lb, and Jensen - 6'3 190lb are all big players who can actually skate too. Having a smaller centre in Schroeder doesn't seem to be as big as a problem anymore.

#378 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

AHL or NHL ;)?

I think AHL for now, but, fingers crossed, hopefully we have a 3rd line like that in a couple years :)

Blue Team

#379 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

2 goals in 3 games so far, good to see!

Now 4 goals in 6!

#380 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I want to see a line of:
at some point at least.

That would be our version of the "Two-and-a-half men" line.
Posted Image

#381 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

lmao +1 for you

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#382 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,791 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

so line 2.5?

#383 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

hopefully then he can continue this for the rest of his time in the AHL and not go back to not scoring again.......yes put the third of together would be interesting

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#384 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hahaha that it would, I was thinking Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian would really be our version of the Habs two-and-a-half men line in the NHL though :P

Blue Team

#385 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Lp

#386 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Let's see how Archibald does for himself now that JS and ZK are up with the Nux.

#387 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Let's see how Archibald does for himself now that JS and ZK are up with the Nux.

I don't exactly see him flourishing, to be honest. Archibald isn't really a player who creates offense, rather he's a finisher who goes to the net. He works well with a playmaker like Schroeder who makes things happen and with Schroeder with the Canucks for the time being - and Ebbett as well - there is really nobody of that ilk for him to play with.

He'll definitely grab some goals on the PP, though, as the net presence.

#388 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I don't exactly see him flourishing, to be honest. Archibald isn't really a player who creates offense, rather he's a finisher who goes to the net. He works well with a playmaker like Schroeder who makes things happen and with Schroeder with the Canucks for the time being - and Ebbett as well - there is really nobody of that ilk for him to play with.

He'll definitely grab some goals on the PP, though, as the net presence.

We'll see whether that was just a hot streak or not. But hopefully he's developed enough of his game to start contributing in other areas too if he's not scoring goals.

#389 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Nice little article I found btw:

Archibald has been pegged as a late bloomer, not making the OHL until his second year of eligibility. It’s not quite a fair label, however, as he did score 25 goals in his rookie season with the Barrie Colts, following it up with 26 goals in fewer games the next year. Still, concerns over his skating prevented him from getting drafted and tryouts with the Columbus Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings went nowhere.

It was his over-age year that really caught people’s attention. He started the season on fire for the Colts, scoring 18 goals in 24 games before being traded to the Niagara IceDogs. Mike Gillis had seen enough at that point, signing him to an entry-level contract shortly thereafter. He finished the regular season with 41 goals and 66 points in 61 games, then went on to score 10 goals in 14 playoff games for the IceDogs.

The disparity between Archibald’s goals and assists made it clear that he is essentially a pure goalscorer and his first prospect camp seemed to confirm that. Archibald was one of the best players at the Young Stars Tournament in Penticton, scoring 2 goals and adding an assist to tie for the tournament lead in points. His first goal was scored by simply going hard to the net, as a power forward should, while his second showcased the release on his snap shot.

Though Archibald got cut from main training camp after he failed to step up against tougher competition, it seemed certain that he would be a strong addition to the Wolves’ roster. Instead, Archibald faltered and found himself in the ECHL with Kalamazoo. A strong showing with the K-Wings, where he showed his playmaking side, scoring 14 goals and 31 assists in 49 games, earned him another shot with the Wolves, but it went no better. Archibald finished with just 1 goal and no assists in 20 AHL games that season.

It seemed like Gillis’s rolls of the dice with late-blooming free agents that had been so successful with Chris Tanev and Eddie Lack had finally come up snake eyes. For most non-goaltending prospects, spending the bulk of a season in the ECHL is the death knell for a shot at the NHL.

Then came the lockout, pushing several players down to the AHL, including young power forward Zack Kassian. Archibald simply didn’t have a spot on the roster and once again found himself in Kalamazoo. With two straight seasons in the ECHL, it seemed like Archibald could be written off.

His strong play for the K-Wings, however, earned him another shot with the Wolves and he made the most of it, scoring in just his second game on November 30th, then adding another in his third. After two goalless games, he scored two more against Hamilton on December 13th. He has yet to go three games without a goal, scoring again against the Griffins on December 22nd and the Heat on December 29th.

http://vansunsportsb...is-groove-back/

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 08 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#390 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,848 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I know he'll probably be a victim of the numbers game. But I really like what I saw from Archibald during the scrimmage. He can skate, he shoots pucks on the net, and he has size. I know he's got more developing to do, but I thought he was really noticeable out there.

Great job Archie!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.