The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald | RW/LW

avelanch

• 2 months later...

I sure hope this guy can crack the lineup this year. Canucks need some grit and assuming MG doesn't go get some the nucks have got Archie and Kickassian. I have hope in both of them but we'll see.

By lineup I hope you mean Chicago Wolves' lineup. He couldn't even do it last year..

Can't believe he can barely stay with the wolves.... really wanted this guy on our4th line soon.

he's a powerforward who had a hard time making the transition to the pro game. it happens a lot because the player now has to compete with larger and stronger opponents and is no longer the biggest guy on the ice. in darren's case, he had the unfortunate situation of being on a team that had a logjam of players and they couldn't wait for him to find his game, meaning he was going to get little to no play time. it was because of this they sent him to kalamazoo, where he finally found his game and became one of their best players. I'm confident he'll have a full season on the wolves this year, and might even get some games in on the canucks if we have a bunch of injuries to our bottom 6. most of us predicted he'll have a slow transition, it's not like it was unexpected.

he's a powerforward who had a hard time making the transition to the pro game. it happens a lot because the player now has to compete with larger and stronger opponents and is no longer the biggest guy on the ice. in darren's case, he had the unfortunate situation of being on a team that had a logjam of players and they couldn't wait for him to find his game, meaning he was going to get little to no play time. it was because of this they sent him to kalamazoo, where he finally found his game and became one of their best players. I'm confident he'll have a full season on the wolves this year, and might even get some games in on the canucks if we have a bunch of injuries to our bottom 6. most of us predicted he'll have a slow transition, it's not like it was unexpected.

Yup, I think being reunited with Friesen will help him out a lot too. Having them play on the 4th line together would be good, they can help each other into the pro game while already having chemistry from the Ice Dogs.

4th Line for the Wolves of: Archibald - Friesen - Mallet

Looks pretty solid

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^ As evidenced by your sig. :lol:

Now has 4G + 4A = 8pts in 9 games, +5 and 21 PIM. Not sure what line he's on but it seems like he's getting a lot of opportunity, averaging just over 3 shots per game. Leads the K-Wings in goals, so that's good to see.

But still can't crack the wolves roster who seem to be having a hard time scoring goals.

But still can't crack the wolves roster who seem to be having a hard time scoring goals.

It's just a numbers game right now, and he was one of the casualties of it. He's better than a guy like Desbiens, I can tell you that.

He'll be the first call-up for the Wolves once the NHL season resumes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived