The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Playoff Indicator Chart 2011

cleowin

You need to double check your numbers. This is the formula I use: Team's games remaining - (points differential/2) + 0.5 (to ensure that the Canucks end up with more points, avoids tiebreakers).

For example, Dallas's number is at 42, but it should be 44 (44-0.5+0.5). Say the Canucks won 42 games, the Stars could win all 44 and pass the Canucks.

You need to double check your numbers. This is the formula I use: Team's games remaining - (points differential/2) + 0.5 (to ensure that the Canucks end up with more points, avoids tiebreakers).

For example, Dallas's number is at 42, but it should be 44 (44-0.5+0.5). Say the Canucks won 42 games, the Stars could win all 44 and pass the Canucks.

Actually considering that they have 4 Shootout wins, that automatically means that Dallas needs to have 4 wins higher than Vancouver's to beat them out. The reason behind that is because of the new shootout rules. It essentially works the same as a OT/SO Loss.

Dallas has 48 Points with 44 Games remaining (thats 88 Points). Assume Dallas finishes the season 66-12-4 and Vancouver finishes the season 65-11-6. Because Dallas has 4 Shootout wins, it'd be saying that dallas has a record of 62-12-8 while Vancouver has a record of 64-11-7. you see the difference?

So for every Shootout win TEAM B has, I take off 0.5 points, but for every shootout win vancouver has, I add 0.5 Points. As well I consider 0.0 still active in the race. As soon as the magic number hits -0.5, then they become eliminated. It works the same way.

Friday, December 31st, 2010:

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

Magic Number Chart has been updated. Vancouver winning means -1.0 Points being dropped for every other team. Further point drops are indicated :)

Biggest Losers: Phoenix, Minnesota and Detroit!

Archived