The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

If a top 4 d-men would be the cost, I think it is quite fair.

Parise puts us over the top, he gives us an extra punch... a pure goal scorer.

We lose Raymond (replaced by Parise) and Scheider (we already do have Luongo), prospect wise... the Canucks are having the best season in ages perhaps its time to take risks by trading some future to get us on top. Bieksa would be no loss if Salo is able to come back.

Guest burrows

Raymond (no-brainer)

Schneider (no-brainer)

After that what do you add?

A 1st rounder? Hodgson or Schroeder? Ehrhoff? Ballard? (Ehrhoff is my favorite defenseman on the Canucks, but for Parise...)

Raymond

Schneider

Pick (2nd - 3rd)

Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder) none

Top-4 D-man (Ballard - Ehrhoff - Bieksa)

Shirokov

3rd round pick (2013)

6th round pick (2012)

Would be the cost IMO.

Even if a top 4 D-men does not go their way, Parise's current cap hit is only at 3,125,000 million.

Raymond + Scheider already clears enough room for us to accommodate Parise's cap hit. We could be in trouble come the re-signing phase... but having Zach Parise in our team even only for a year... increases our chances in seeing Lord Stanley.

That's what I would do, Ballard gives them a player with some years left on his contract, but it depends on if he is willing to go to another rebuilder for a part of his career (Phoenix, Florida). With all those years spent on losing teams, I doubt he would want to leave Vancouver, a winning franchaise with a bright future ahead of them.

Like that one guy said, LA would likely be the front runner for this, IF it were to happen

Knowing Gillis(sorta), unless it's a no brainer, personally I don't see him trading our biggest assets, depth, for someone that MAY return for the playoffs. What happens when he gets setbacks?

Parise is my wet dream though, don't get me wrong. The guy's young, 26 I think, 40 goal scorer, speed to burn

I just don't see it

In the end of the day... even IF we lose the playoffs (Hopefully it won't be the case).

We probably can resign Parise to a contract (Cap Space cleared by Erhoff+Raymond+Schroeder) in the end of the season.

Regardless we would have a killer top 6 come the 2011/2012 season.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Parise-Kesler-( :shock:)

I think we end up with the better player here...

In the end of the day... even IF we lose the playoffs (Hopefully it won't be the case).

We probably can resign Parise to a contract (Cap Space cleared by Erhoff+Raymond+Schroeder) in the end of the season.

Regardless we would have a killer top 6 come the 2011/2012 season.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Parise-Kesler-( :shock:)

Ehrhoff is rumoured to be signed at 5m. I mean I love the guy, but 5m is too high IMO. I would rather have Parise at 5.5 - 6m, re-sign Bieksa, and sign a solid bottom pairing defenseman. Eventually guys have to go. If our players never left, how will prospects get a chance? Unless Gillis thinks Ehrhoff is a core member, I could see a small chance... But realistically nothing gets tinkered and no blockbuster move/trade is made, with the exception of clearing cap for Salo or a small deadline depth deal.

They have to little to no offense in their defense throughout their whole system. Like Gradin said, they really only have Andy Greene is their professional system.

They have real high hopes for Jon Merrill, he is pretty much the only high potential two way defender in their prospect pool.

Archived