The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

There's rumours of Parise as of late. He is the player that would put the Vancouver Canucks over the top. Sedin, Sedin, Parise, Kesler is dominant. Detroit-esque. Let's make this a place to discuss where he will end up.

Zach Parise said today he was saddened to hear that Jamie Langenbrunner was traded to the Dallas Stars... Parise said. "It's tough for me personally. Jamie's been really good to me since I got here. I don't know if it's the Minnesota connection. He was great to me and my family. I sat next to him in the dressing room and learned a lot."...As for his own health, Parise is recovering from a torn meniscus in his knee. He will be examined by a doctor March 2 and still hopes to play a few games at the end of the season...

Bieksa + Raymond + Schneider + for Parise + Hedberg? I'd love Clarkson back also but not sure it would fit cap wise. That's probably what it would take player and cap wise though.

I cannot believe I am saying this but with the way this team is going I can't make the deal if it involved Bieksa, unless I know 100% Salo is ready to go.

Listen Zach Parise makes any team better and I think the Canucks are actually a great trade partner with New Jersey because of Cory. Raymond would also be an attractive piece because of his skill, speed, youth and price. Cory however would be the key to the deal because Marty is aging quickly and I'm pretty sure they don't have a young goaltending prospect.

The issue is salary. His cap hit is very affordable so Cory + Raymond + a Hansen type + 1st fits cap wise so maybe...

I just talked myself into how to do it without trading a d-man.

Hmmmm...

Listen Zach Parise makes any team better and I think the Canucks are actually a great trade partner with New Jersey because of Cory. Raymond would also be an attractive piece because of his skill, speed, youth and price. Cory however would be the key to the deal because Marty is aging quickly and I'm pretty sure they don't have a young goaltending prospect.

The issue is salary. His cap hit is very affordable so Cory + Raymond + a Hansen type + 1st fits cap wise so maybe...

Hmmmm...

Hmmmm...

Schneider, Raymond, Shirokov, Rome... I'd do it from both sides. Cory gets to go play under and take over from one of the greats, and the devils would like the young players in Raymond, who is just coming into his own, and Shirokov who would probably be playing on their team already if they had him in their system. Rome would just be a little bonus as a capable 3rd pairing and someone who already knows Schneider and would have built up a rapport (something key for goalies/d-men). it would make Cory's transition much easier. I'd rather not do it until after the playoffs though. trade for his RFA rights and whatnot.

I was thinking a package like this:

Raymond, Schneider, Schroeder, low-end prospect (Oberg?) + 1st in 2011 for Parise + Hedberg.

Upgrade the low-end prospect to Connauton if needed. I am a big K-Naut supporter, but if that's what it takes to land Parise, it's absolutely worth it.

Schroeder has quite a bit of depth chart to climb before cracking our line-up. He's expendable in my eyes. He's good, but he's so so short. Not saying it's impossible for him to make it, but the odds ARE against him, especially on a team as deep as our's.

Raymond (no-brainer)

Schneider (no-brainer)

After that what do you add?

A 1st rounder? Hodgson or Schroeder? Ehrhoff? Ballard? (Ehrhoff is my favorite defenseman on the Canucks, but for Parise...)

Raymond

Schneider

Pick (2nd - 3rd)

Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder)

Top-4 D-man (Ballard - Ehrhoff - Bieksa)

Would be the cost IMO.

A team that will be all over trying to get Parise for next season? The LA Kings. He's exactly what they want and need.

I imagine their offer would be something like Bernier, Simmonds, Hickey and a 1st Round Pick. Other interchangeable possibilities are Moller, Voynov, Teubert, Forbort and Loktionov. There is also Braydon Schenn as well.

Raymond (no-brainer)

Schneider (no-brainer)

After that what do you add?

A 1st rounder? Hodgson or Schroeder? Ehrhoff? Ballard? (Ehrhoff is my favorite defenseman on the Canucks, but for Parise...)

Raymond

Schneider

Pick (2nd - 3rd)

Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder)

Top-4 D-man (Ballard - Ehrhoff - Bieksa)

Would be the cost IMO.

A team that will be all over trying to get Parise for next season? The LA Kings. He's exactly what they want and need.

I imagine their offer would be something like Bernier, Simmonds, Hickey and a 1st Round Pick. Other interchangeable possibilities are Moller, Voynov, Teubert, Forbort and Loktionov.

Archived