The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

What I would hope for is a very conditional trade.

To NJ

Bieska

Schneider (for 2011 only. If Praise cannot play in the playoffs of 2011 AND do not resign with Vancouver then Vancouver get him back for 2012.)

Hodgson (for 2011 only. If Praise cannot play in the playoffs of 2011 AND do not resign with Vancouver then Vancouver get him back for 2012.)

Conditional 1st round 2011 (if Praise recover fast enough for the playoffs of 2011)

Conditional 1st round 2012 (if Praise resigns with Vancouver)

To Van

Parise

Back up goalie, 6th dman, etc

Basically if Praise acts out his part as a rental piece or resign with us then the trade goes though. If neither of those happens then it would be as if the trade never happened.

This makes sense b/c Parise is a great player and deserve good payment. However his injury and whatever he resign or not leads to a lot of uncertainty and risk. So a highly conditional trade works best.

Our only hope is if New Jersey thinks Cory is the real deal and is willing and want him bad. Otherwise another team with better assets and cap space will snag him easily.

If we had a signed top 4 defenseman or blue chip D-man then I think we could be in the running.

I'd do Raymond, Schneider, Hodgson. That a lot of unproved commondity for an allstar though. Doubt it Jersey would take it.

Likely Edler would be the only piece to outbid other teams and its not worth it in my opion.

Well if Parise is to get traded it won't be happening this year I don't think; but either way this year or the offseason this is how I believe it would go down for us.:

To Vancouver

Zach Parise

2nd in this years draft

To New Jersey

Alex Burrows

Mason Raymond

1st in this years draft

If they want someone like Connauton as well I would like to also get a second in next years draft as well.

NJ loves this deal because they get imediate scoring help in there top six. Another 1st rounder and possibly a offensive defenceman who may be ready next year.

If we did get Parise this year we take the chance of loosing him to a offer sheet; but Gillis would not let that happen. I think we could sign him for around the same as Kesler maybe even as high as 5.5m/season. We are better off doing this deal in the offseason though for the whole chemistry thing and all. Burrows and Raymond become expendable because we get Parise and if this happened this year we have room to call up Shirokov or Hodgson if need be but next year if the cap was to go up like it is rumoured to ( I believe 62m is the rumour ) than our line up could look like this on opening night.:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.666m)

Zach Parise ($5.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jeff Tambellini ($0.600m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Raffi Torres ($1.200m)

Alexandre Bolduc ($0.600m) / Tanner Glass ($0.700m) / Aaron Volpatti ($0.612m)

/ Jannik Hansen ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Kevin Bieksa ($3.250m)

Aaron Rome ($0.750m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

/ Ryan Parent ($0.925m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) /Cory Schneider ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,587,499; BONUSES: $850,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $412,501

I know alot of you are probably saying Hodgson on the first line. Well my reasoning is that Cody speed is not that of the guys on the second line. Not that the sedins are good skaters just not fast like our second line. Secondly Cody has been a proven goal scorer and I believe in his rookie season with the Sedins will put up more points than Burrows has ever had. I also have Torres resigned for 1.2m, but if he doesn't resign than the same cap hit could be used for Sweatt.

I hope this shows we don't really need to give up Schnieder. And Wtih 2 1st in this years draft NJ would be happy.

Would be awesome to get Parise. I'm a big fan of him. He has speed,skill,scoring ability and he's also a leader. (Assistant for New Jersey and even assistant for USA in the olympics.)

But as someone said, a big part of this deal would probably be Schneider. If Jersey isn't interested in him or think he's not a proven NHL goalie yet, we would probably have to give up too much for Parise. Instead of Schneider it would probably be one of our better puckmoving defencemen.

Well if Parise is to get traded it won't be happening this year I don't think; but either way this year or the offseason this is how I believe it would go down for us.:

To Vancouver

Zach Parise

2nd in this years draft

To New Jersey

Alex Burrows

Mason Raymond

1st in this years draft

If they want someone like Connauton as well I would like to also get a second in next years draft as well.

NJ loves this deal because they get imediate scoring help in there top six. Another 1st rounder and possibly a offensive defenceman who may be ready next year.

If we did get Parise this year we take the chance of loosing him to a offer sheet; but Gillis would not let that happen. I think we could sign him for around the same as Kesler maybe even as high as 5.5m/season. We are better off doing this deal in the offseason though for the whole chemistry thing and all. Burrows and Raymond become expendable because we get Parise and if this happened this year we have room to call up Shirokov or Hodgson if need be but next year if the cap was to go up like it is rumoured to ( I believe 62m is the rumour ) than our line up could look like this on opening night.:

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

/ Ryan Parent ($0.925m)

GOALTENDERS

I know alot of you are probably saying Hodgson on the first line. Well my reasoning is that Cody speed is not that of the guys on the second line. Not that the sedins are good skaters just not fast like our second line. Secondly Cody has been a proven goal scorer and I believe in his rookie season with the Sedins will put up more points than Burrows has ever had. I also have Torres resigned for 1.2m, but if he doesn't resign than the same cap hit could be used for Sweatt.

I hope this shows we don't really need to give up Schnieder. And Wtih 2 1st in this years draft NJ would be happy.

LA as previously mentioned is the only other natural fit. IMO Schneider > Bernier. Also, Raymond has proven more than any other forward LA could add.

This deal can get done without moving a defenseman. Although I'd love it and it would make us far and away the favorite, I wonder if LA's desperation to get a deal done, make a big market splash and just get in the playoffs makes them more likely to overpay and get it done.

To Vancouver

Zach Parise

2nd in this years draft

To New Jersey

Alex Burrows

Mason Raymond

1st in this years draft

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

/ Ryan Parent ($0.925m)

GOALTENDERS

Archived