Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#601 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Salo @ $2m, Ballard @ $4.2m, & Schneider @ $900k, so $7.1m, minus Parise's $6m? $1.1m. For a defenceman and a backup goaltender? Impossible but even if it were fiscally possible:

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev ($900k cap hit, not $550k)
Alberts Rome

Luongo
Climie ($525k)

That's NOT a Cup calibre backend. Sorry.

Really, eh? He's had two weeks of starter status and that's it. Yeah, I'm sure Jaroslav Halak might have a problem with that considering he had six months of hot play, including a cramp free playoff run taking out playoff giants, and only barely managed $3.8m. Jonathan Quick, $1.8m. Tuukka Rask's 2009-2010 season dwarfs Schneider's career so far. Antii Niemi won the freaking Cup and still didn't get the $4m he was looking for.

Corey Crawford's salary is more than fair market value for what Schneider has done so far.

My argument is not that Parise isn't what this team needs, my argument is that salary needs to go the other way and Schneider is not the type of character to screw a franchise by signing an offersheet. In fact, he really likes playing for this current team and has already proven to buy in to a team first philosophy so what makes you think Gillis couldn't convince him to buy in to the salary cap pie philosophy?

I agree we need offensive help, and Parise would be a great acquisition, but our backend is already weak and you're advocating weakening it further by forcing Salo into retirement. Ballard needs a change of scenery, you're also right about that but I think our assets are a better fit considering Anaheim's needs (young #2 center, top-4 D, possibly more speed on the wing) and our needs (Luongo's erratic play necessitates a stellar backup).

Hodgson, Raymond, Ballard & a prospect or a 1st for Ryan & Kurtis Foster makes more sense from our perspective because it delays the Luongo/Schneider decision until the draft (and the way things are going Luongo would welcome a move at that point since he already hates the media in this city, let alone our disgusting fanbase). It makes sense from Anaheim's perspective as well. Raymond could fill in on Koivu & Selanne's line until Blake is ready to go at which point he could slot in anywhere from 1st line LW to Cogliano's wing. Boudreau would be very familiar with Ballard's skillset having faced Florida over and over.

Well if Gillis could make something happen for Ryan I would be equally ecstatic. Bottom line is I think for this team to win we need one more superstaresque player on our team, be it defenseman or 2nd liner.

Waiving or trading Manny would free up enough space to bring up Lack as Luongos backup, and say, Parent as our 7th dman. Alberts and Rome have proven to be more than acceptable 5-6 dmen, and while we would be wearing a bit more thin on defense, we also would be so set on offense that we wouldn't have to worry about that as much as in previous years.

We are talking about a top 9 of

Dan-Hank-Burr
Booth-Kes-Parise
Higgy-Cody-Mayray

That is a cup caliber top 9. That team will be a force. With Lu playing well in goal and a healthy dcorps, that team is SCARY. A lot scarier than last year. We could even afford to lose 1 or 2 forwards to injury without needing to panic like we did last year.

Manny is not living up to his 2.5 million dollar contract right now, and with the emergence of Cody really isn't needed as a 3rd line cenre anymore. Let another team have him for free. He was a UFA signing anyway.

Yea it may hurt some fans to completely cut our losses on Kb4 for free, but its honestly the best decision this team could make if there are no takers for him on the trade market. He was a mistake, and its time to move on.

This team could be a bigger offensive powerhouse than Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington with the right trade and cap work.

I think Lu has shown that he plays better when he actually has to make some big saves. Why worry about providing him with an insane D when hes the type of goalie to let in more bad goals than good. Let him make the huge save after save like he used to do in 2007 and lets hold our offense more accountable. Noone seems to blame them in a playoff run we got moreless snuffed out in, in a lot of games. Save a few high scoring games we really didn't cut it.

Sure LA may make a run at Parise but at this point I think Schneider is more valuable than Bernier, and depending on what they're willing to also part with is unknown.

MG and LG could make it work. I think Kesler deserves Parise, and our top 2 lines would be too hard to neutralize.

Edit: as for your Rask-Schneider contract comparison. Apples and Oranges. Rask has motivation to sit and chill at a reasonable contract knowing that it won't be long before he is the starter of a VERY good team that will be VERY good for years to come. Schneider would have to wait...oh about 10 more years before he could be the starter here. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Sure we have Lu's out clause that could kick in sooner, but do you really think hes going to bank on that?

He is a good sport, but he wants to be a starter. Its common sense. Hes not going to pass up a 4-5 million longterm offer sheet to stay here. What does Gillis do then? We can't be spending 5 millon on a backup in this cap era. He's worth a Kessel like offer, and teams will do it if it means locking up his services for 5-6 years.

Corey Crawfords contract was different cause it gave him the chance to be the starter on a great team that was facing very bad cap troubles. If he wanted any more they would have released him like they did Niemi. Schneider needs to be traded, because his value is miles above Luongos, and he needs to be traded before its too late (offer sheet season).

I really don't understand the logic of keeping both of them here in case Lu gets hurt. We'd be much better to get another piece that can start every game and also help if Lu gets hurt.

Edited by cdubuya, 01 December 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image

#602 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Well if Gillis could make something happen for Ryan I would be equally ecstatic. Bottom line is I think for this team to win we need one more superstaresque player on our team, be it defenseman or 2nd liner.

Waiving or trading Manny would free up enough space to bring up Lack as Luongos backup, and say, Parent as our 7th dman. Alberts and Rome have proven to be more than acceptable 5-6 dmen, and while we would be wearing a bit more thin on defense, we also would be so set on offense that we wouldn't have to worry about that as much as in previous years.

We are talking about a top 9 of

Dan-Hank-Burr
Booth-Kes-Parise
Higgy-Cody-Mayray

That is a cup caliber top 9. That team will be a force. With Lu playing well in goal and a healthy dcorps, that team is SCARY. A lot scarier than last year. We could even afford to lose 1 or 2 forwards to injury without needing to panic like we did last year.

Manny is not living up to his 2.5 million dollar contract right now, and with the emergence of Cody really isn't needed as a 3rd line cenre anymore. Let another team have him for free. He was a UFA signing anyway.

Yea it may hurt some fans to completely cut our losses on Kb4 for free, but its honestly the best decision this team could make if there are no takers for him on the trade market. He was a mistake, and its time to move on.

This team could be a bigger offensive powerhouse than Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington with the right trade and cap work.

I think Lu has shown that he plays better when he actually has to make some big saves. Why worry about providing him with an insane D when hes the type of goalie to let in more bad goals than good. Let him make the huge save after save like he used to do in 2007 and lets hold our offense more accountable. Noone seems to blame them in a playoff run we got moreless snuffed out in, in a lot of games. Save a few high scoring games we really didn't cut it.

Sure LA may make a run at Parise but at this point I think Schneider is more valuable than Bernier, and depending on what they're willing to also part with is unknown.

MG and LG could make it work. I think Kesler deserves Parise, and our top 2 lines would be too hard to neutralize.

Edit: as for your Rask-Schneider contract comparison. Apples and Oranges. Rask has motivation to sit and chill at a reasonable contract knowing that it won't be long before he is the starter of a VERY good team that will be VERY good for years to come. Schneider would have to wait...oh about 10 more years before he could be the starter here. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Sure we have Lu's out clause that could kick in sooner, but do you really think hes going to bank on that?

He is a good sport, but he wants to be a starter. Its common sense. Hes not going to pass up a 4-5 million longterm offer sheet to stay here. What does Gillis do then? We can't be spending 5 millon on a backup in this cap era. He's worth a Kessel like offer, and teams will do it if it means locking up his services for 5-6 years.

Corey Crawfords contract was different cause it gave him the chance to be the starter on a great team that was facing very bad cap troubles. If he wanted any more they would have released him like they did Niemi. Schneider needs to be traded, because his value is miles above Luongos, and he needs to be traded before its too late (offer sheet season).

I really don't understand the logic of keeping both of them here in case Lu gets hurt. We'd be much better to get another piece that can start every game and also help if Lu gets hurt.

I don't understand why you insist Malhotra being a mistake. He is quiet but he is actually on pace for 24 points this year. Sure that is 6 points less than last year but he hurt his eye for the team so what do you expect?

But as for your Luongo vs Schneider argument, I got to agree. Luongo's cap hit is $6m a year. Schneider would worth at least $3-4m. There is no way our team can afford that and still have a line up of competitive players. One of them got to go eventually. They are both too good, and will be too expensive, to be a back up.

The only way this will work for us is the continue increase of the salary cap each year.

Edited by CHIPS, 01 December 2011 - 04:01 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#603 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

I don't understand why you insist Malhotra being a mistake. He is quiet but he is actually on pace for 24 points this year. Sure that is 6 points less than last year but he hurt his eye for the team so what do you expect?

But as for your Luongo vs Schneider argument, I got to agree. Luongo's cap hit is $6m a year. Schneider would worth at least $3-4m. There is no way our team can afford that and still have a line up of competitive players. One of them got to go eventually. They are both too good, and will be too expensive, to be a back up.

The only way this will work for us is the continue increase of the salary cap each year.

I never said he was a mistake, I said he's not living up to his 2.5 million dollar contract. 100k per point is very expensive to pay for a guy, even if he is a premiere faceoff guy. Hank and Kes are good enough faceoff men to take key offensive draws, and so basically all your getting for a big contract is someone to take key defensive draws. If you can replace his 60+ percentage with someone who makes a lot less and has a 50+ percentage, is that 10% really worth having around?

He got hurt. Buy him out. Waive him. Let someone else pay his salary. He was a fan fave and a big body presence but he is no longer needed on the team at his current price.

Edited by cdubuya, 01 December 2011 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#604 racerjoe

racerjoe

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I never said he was a mistake, I said he's not living up to his 2.5 million dollar contract. 100k per point is very expensive to pay for a guy, even if he is a premiere faceoff guy. Hank and Kes are good enough faceoff men to take key offensive draws, and so basically all your getting for a big contract is someone to take key defensive draws. If you can replace his 60+ percentage with someone who makes a lot less and has a 50+ percentage, is that 10% really worth having around?

He got hurt. Buy him out. Waive him. Let someone else pay his salary. He was a fan fave and a big body presence but he is no longer needed on the team at his current price.

but Manny does more than just win you faceoffs. He IS one of the leaders of this team. He is a key defensive guy period. Sure he is not playing at 100% right now, and I would like him to be better. But after coming back from an injury I am more than willing to give him the time to get his game back.

Also if you are going to start waiving guys who are coming back from injury, good luck signing free agents...

#605 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

but Manny does more than just win you faceoffs. He IS one of the leaders of this team. He is a key defensive guy period. Sure he is not playing at 100% right now, and I would like him to be better. But after coming back from an injury I am more than willing to give him the time to get his game back.

Also if you are going to start waiving guys who are coming back from injury, good luck signing free agents...

Im so sick of this argument on these boards. Canada day after canada day the nyr make the big free agent sogning. With the salary cap in place, how is this possible after 6 years? Gomez- traded away. Drury- bought out. Rozival- traded away. Players still sign there. Nowadays players arent stupid. Manny knew jumping from a 700k contract to a 2.5 mill payday that he would have to earn those dollars to keep his job. His agent got him a limited ntc but couldnt manage a nmc. Lots of players have ended up victims of the salary cap. Theyll sign here to be on a winning team. As long as their conrract totally doesnt unjustify their play most players have nothing to worry about. In my estmation, most sensible fans would agree that if a trade came up that required more cap space, Mannys 2.5 hit would be expendable for what he brings to out FOURTH line.
Posted Image

#606 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Im so sick of this argument on these boards. Canada day after canada day the nyr make the big free agent sogning. With the salary cap in place, how is this possible after 6 years? Gomez- traded away. Drury- bought out. Rozival- traded away. Players still sign there. Nowadays players arent stupid. Manny knew jumping from a 700k contract to a 2.5 mill payday that he would have to earn those dollars to keep his job. His agent got him a limited ntc but couldnt manage a nmc. Lots of players have ended up victims of the salary cap. Theyll sign here to be on a winning team. As long as their conrract totally doesnt unjustify their play most players have nothing to worry about. In my estmation, most sensible fans would agree that if a trade came up that required more cap space, Mannys 2.5 hit would be expendable for what he brings to out FOURTH line.

If by the trade deadline, Manny has not improved, I'd be inclined to agree. Best chance to win >>> loyalty to any given player.

However, prior to his injury, Malhotra was lauded as an excellent signing, and was even mentioned as a possible darkhorse Selke candidate. If he can get anywhere close to that again - which is still quite possible - it would be the height of foolishness to waive him or trade him for pucks.He is still recovering from a very, very serious injury, so it may take him some time.

The Rangers gave Gomez, Drury, and Rozsival more than a few months of suckage to start earning their contracts. By the time they were traded/bought out, there shouldn't have been a player in the league who thought they didn't get a fair shake there.
Posted Image

#607 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

If by the trade deadline, Manny has not improved, I'd be inclined to agree. Best chance to win >>> loyalty to any given player.

However, prior to his injury, Malhotra was lauded as an excellent signing, and was even mentioned as a possible darkhorse Selke candidate. If he can get anywhere close to that again - which is still quite possible - it would be the height of foolishness to waive him or trade him for pucks.He is still recovering from a very, very serious injury, so it may take him some time.

The Rangers gave Gomez, Drury, and Rozsival more than a few months of suckage to start earning their contracts. By the time they were traded/bought out, there shouldn't have been a player in the league who thought they didn't get a fair shake there.

Regarding the Rangers, you can never forget about Redden...

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#608 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

Regarding the Rangers, you can never forget about Redden...

Redden got two full years to prove he was worth his contract.

At least he's ripping it up in the AHL (42 pts in 70 games, and 6 pts in 6 playoff games), and helping mentor some of the defense prospects. I haven't heard a peep out of him or his agent regarding maltreatment either.
Posted Image

#609 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Parise admitted money would be a significant factor when contract negotiations with the Devils begin, but claimed the most important thing was “being competitive and having a chance to win the Stanley Cup.”

The Devils have made significant improvement over last season, where a horrific first half doomed their playoff hopes, and are in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Despite the improvement, they're no longer the dominant, Stanley Cup contenders they were a decade ago. Since Parise joined the Devils in 2005-06, they've only advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs twice, the last time in 2007.

Devils GM Lou Lamoriello has yet to open contract talks with the Parise camp. That’s not surprising, as Lamoriello usually doesn’t get into negotiations with his free agents during the season. Parise told Chere it doesn't concern him.

Parise is currently earning $6 million on a one-year contract and could be in line for a raise up to $8 million per season. Chere suggested “a five-year, $45-million deal would be in line with other players of his quality.”

In the past, Lamoriello has been unwilling to move pending UFAs, retaining Bobby Holik, Brian Rafalski, Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta, even though he eventually lost them to free agency.

It’s no stretch to imagine he’ll do the same with Parise.

THN

“For me that’s probably the biggest thing,” Parise said. “The money is definitely important. That’s real life, let’s face it. I’m not going to say it’s not. That’s realistic. But most important for me is being competitive and having a chance to win the Stanley Cup.”

Parise and his agent, Wade Arnott, both confirmed today that there have been no negotiations on a new deal yet with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello.

“Nothing new to report and nothing in the near future,” Arnott said.

Parise said. “I know how Lou likes operate. He doesn’t like distractions during the season. I would think they’d talk sometime soon.”

Parise isn't worried about being distracted.

For me personally, I don’t think it would be a distraction," he said. "But I don’t know. I can see how people would think that. And I see why the organization has kind of not done it. I understand.”

Arnott agreed with Parise.

"It's a good question," he said when asked if he felt mid-season negotiations could distract a player. "From where we sit, probably not."

Parise’s father, J.P., was recently quoted in The Wall Street Journal saying: “If you go back to the first part of the year, he would have gotten out of there in a minute.”

Not so, Zach said.

“There is no way he meant this year. He had to have meant last year,” the 27-year-old Minnesota native said. “I talk to him all the time. He knows how much fun I’m having and how much I like Pete (DeBoer) as a coach.”

J.P. was also quoted as saying: “He's overly loyal, and he's not going to rush into anything. He's always loved the New Jersey Devils. He's been extremely loyal to the organization, to his teammates. But this is business now.”

Zach smiled.

“That,” he said, “is true.”

NJ.com

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 11 January 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#610 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

$9 mil per year for parise? give me a friggin' break.

#611 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

As good of a player as Zach is, we don't really need a 6-8 million-dollar forward. We already have three forwards of his calibre.

However, we certainly could use a verifiable 6-8 million-dollar defenseman! So even if we had the money to get him, it would be better spent elsewhere.
Posted Image

#612 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

$9 mil per year for parise? give me a friggin' break.

Sure don't think he will get that much & that was pure speculation by the reporter (Chere) built off of nothing that Arnott/Parise themselves said.

If he puts up 30+ goals/80+ points (right now he's on pace for about 28 goals/72 points), I could see him getting around 6.75-7.25 depending if a team is willing to overspend.

I mean he is playing alright considering he missed a year of hockey, has 7 points in the past 4 games & he started off kind of slow with 5 points in 10 games. So basically in the last 32 games he has 32 points.

Maybe a return home to Minnesota? The team could always use some more offensive power.

As far as coming to Vancouver goes, it would be great to see him there if the defense is at least improved on a bit. Parise - Kesler - Booth, Higgins - Hodgson - Hansen is just too deadly of a middle-six to think about & Parise does definitely help out a team's defensive game. Of course, it is a far stretch of the imagination now.

Just for fun, it could work out cap-wise:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Parise (6.75) - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Hodgson - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise/other (610,000)
Extra (525,000)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo (2)
Connauton/Alberts - Tanev
Rome, extra (525,000)

Luongo
Schneider

Cap hit: 64.05

Of course, I'd rather see Weber here at this point, but it isn't like it is guaranteed that he would sign here...

And Parise would obviously improve an already awesome team.

Parise - Hodgson - Booth
K-Conn - Bieksa

is a crazy 2nd PP unit, too.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 11 January 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#613 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

The New York Post is reporting that GMs inquiring about New Jersey Devils captain Zach Parise are being told that he will not be traded before the deadline.

It is believed that if the Devils are unable to sign him to an extension before July 1, when he would become an unrestricted free agent, they will try to shop his negotiating rights.

That's the 2nd time I've heard this.

A bit weird, especially considering they could bring a lot more at the deadline as well as save some money.

#614 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

That's the 2nd time I've heard this.

A bit weird, especially considering they could bring a lot more at the deadline as well as save some money.

They'll make a lot more money making the playoffs than they would trading Parise and missing the dance.

Even if they got swept, the revenue from a couple playoff games would more than cover his salary from now to the end of the season.

Edited by D-Money, 31 January 2012 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

#615 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

They'll make a lot more money making the playoffs than they would trading Parise and missing the dance.

Even if they got swept, the revenue from a couple playoff games would more than cover his salary from now to the end of the season.

Ah, good point.

#616 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

Raymond, Schneider a 1st, and Shredder and for Parise.

Edited by Canucklehead420, 07 February 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#617 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't have any sources in regard to this, just stuff I've been reading on the internet, papers and whatnot (I'm not pulling a kanucks25) but these are the 6 teams I think have the highest probability of landing Zach Parise (in order):

1. The Devils: A simple re-signing, yes. Part of me wants to believe that Lou knows he has the ability to sign Parise because I still believe that under all the recent stuff he's done that he's still a good general manager. He didn't move Zach at the deadline. If he was to lose Brodeur, Parise, a 1st round pick for nothing (the Kovie-contract punishment) and the bankrupt ownership is still paying Colin White & Trent Hunter 1.67 million dollars to do absolutely nothing all within a few years, I'd have to think his job was on the line.

2. The Wild. Parise is a Minnesota native. His father played there. The Wild have cap space (even more so that they cleared Zidlicky). And they need a face to their franchise. Zach would probably be made captain on the spot or pretty quickly.

3. The Predators. Poile apparently has been given a green light to spend a bit more money. If he wants to keep Ryan Suter around, a good thing to do would probably be to sign a real top-line forward and a OG American teammate at that. Parise & Radulov would get the Preds a foundation to a real first line for once & would show Suter that Nashville is serious about winning. Plus, Parise can play the Trotz-style game, as he is awesome in all three zones.

4. The Canucks. Am I a homer? Maybe. But Parise has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play for a competitive team and the cup is the most important incentive. He works out in the summer with Vancouver's Jordan Schroeder & was on a line with Kesler during America's run to the Olympic silver medal. The Canucks could use more firepower with Raymond clearly not a top-6 forward and Higgins better suited as a 3rd liner ready to step up.

5. The Capitals. This one is probably the biggest stretch, but with Wideman, Semin & Knuble both off the books next year, the Caps will have the cap space. Parise would be a great fit as a top-6 forward over there because the Caps' biggest problem has always been an effective two-way forward and Parise is an elite forward in both ends. The problem would be that Ovie & Parise both thrive on the left-side, but in NJ that is already happening with Parise & Kovie and Kovie has been playing a lot of RW and that seems to be working fine.

6. The Blues. Contender. Cap space. Jamie Langenbrunner. Need I say more? Parise's old bestmate on the Devils is probably loving the success he's having down in St.Louis and might be the one giving Parise a call. Not to mention Parise's agent is the brother of current Blues forward and ex-teammate Jason Arnott; and Olympic teammate David Backes is also on the team. The writing almost seems on the wall - if St.Louis is willing to break that bank that is.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 29 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#618 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,660 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Heard on the radio this morning that the Jets might make a big push for Parise.

But I am sure a number of teams will be doing like wise. Would love him as a Jet.

#619 jijitsu

jijitsu

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I can see Zach coming to Van. I think that Parise would like to play with Kessler on a contender. After the first round loss its obvious the Canucks need a pure goal scorer. The Canucks wouldn't need to do much. Get rid of Raymond and re-sign Pahlsson for less than 2 mill. Perhaps trade or buy out Manny. The Salary Cap most likley will go up next season.

Edited by jijitsu, 23 April 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#620 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Canucks need a push for this kid. HIm and Kesler were the wrecking crew against team Canada in the 2004 world juniors. They were linemates, and their best line for team USA. Brining Parise will rejuvanate Kesler, and officially give us a 2nd line that can score on a consistent basis. He's also centerman too, so, yes. I"m ok if Gillis offeres him 6.5 million.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#621 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Canucks need a push for this kid. HIm and Kesler were the wrecking crew against team Canada in the 2004 world juniors. They were linemates, and their best line for team USA. Brining Parise will rejuvanate Kesler, and officially give us a 2nd line that can score on a consistent basis. He's also centerman too, so, yes. I"m ok if Gillis offeres him 6.5 million.

Sorry bro Parise is a left winger and always has been.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#622 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Brining Parise will rejuvanate Kesler, and officially give us a 2nd line that can score on a consistent basis.

That's what they said about Booth.

#623 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

That's what they said about Booth.

The difference between Parise and Booth is.......

#624 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Sign Zach Parise for 5 years @ 30.5 million
Posted Image

Posted Image

#625 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't know why I can see Parise getting like at least 7 million
Posted Image

#626 Panjodh

Panjodh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Sorry bro Parise is a left winger and always has been.

He was a centre in junior. He's playing left Wing now

#627 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

unless he wants to come here he wont be coming here because some gm is going to throw 7-8 mil a year at him come july 1

#628 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'd rather go after Suter for similar money. Canucks need to get bigger up front and Parise is not a physical player. Suter is going to be a UFA and I think he would be an excellent adition to any team. I don't see the Canucks getting either one though. Detroit would be in the running for both these players if they decide to leave.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.