The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Youtube Thread

Flinch

This person has far too much time on her hands and needs to find some hobbies – crocheting, knitting, collecting buttons.... (Or attending to the child so obviously needing her attention in the background...)

It's an opinion piece but JFC, there have been folks at every Olympic Games (well, maybe not the ones in China!) saying this kind of crap and did anything on the scale to which she is referring ever happen? No..... It's fear mongering and just more anti-Canada propaganda! These kind of security measures, concerns and warnings have been in place for every single Olympic Games. Does she not realize that the National Guard and military have been on standby for all US-held games? Ditz..... if something did happen and there weren't these Vancouver security measures in place, she'd be the first person rushing to youtube to record another video to slam us for being 'unprepared'.

Win win for these folks, right? No problems, they can be smug and right. There is an incident, and no problems - "Oh, so sorry that happened, Vancouver", but they can be smug and right because they 'warned' the world. Auggggghhhhhhh......

Yaaa-aaay and VIVA zee Internet and Youtube - a soapbox for kooks everywhere! (And yes, I do recognize the delicious irony in my statement! tongue.gif )

Lumping the protesters in with terrorists, yeah right, that's what the article she quoted said! I guess the article should have just given the protesters their own paragraph and column sub-title...

/rant

Now, if you'll kindly excuse me, I have to go find my Scott Air-Pack so I don't get dosed with clandestine chlorine gas and succumb to a gaseous death during my sojourn around Olympic venues. rolleyes.gif

This person has far too much time on her hands and needs to find some hobbies – crocheting, knitting, collecting buttons.... (Or attending to the child so obviously needing her attention in the background...)

It's an opinion piece but JFC, there have been folks at every Olympic Games (well, maybe not the ones in China!) saying this kind of crap and did anything on the scale to which she is referring ever happen? No..... It's fear mongering and just more anti-Canada propaganda! These kind of security measures, concerns and warnings have been in place for every single Olympic Games. Does she not realize that the National Guard and military have been on standby for all US-held games? Ditz..... if something did happen and there weren't these Vancouver security measures in place, she'd be the first person rushing to youtube to record another video to slam us for being 'unprepared'.

Win win for these folks, right? No problems, they can be smug and right. There is an incident, and no problems - "Oh, so sorry that happened, Vancouver", but they can be smug and right because they 'warned' the world. Auggggghhhhhhh......

Yaaa-aaay and VIVA zee Internet and Youtube - a soapbox for kooks everywhere! (And yes, I do recognize the delicious irony in my statement! :P )

Lumping the protesters in with terrorists, yeah right, that's what the article she quoted said! I guess the article should have just given the protesters their own paragraph and column sub-title...

/rant

Now, if you'll kindly excuse me, I have to go find my Scott Air-Pack so I don't get dosed with clandestine chlorine gas and succumb to a gaseous death during my sojourn around Olympic venues. :rolleyes:

Hi cariboo rose ;)

Archived