The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

Sonic generations is one tough game on the 3ds have yet to get one s rank compare that to the pc version were it took me 3 weeks to get all s ranks

How do you like the game compared to the console version? I have it for Xbox and did initially plan to get the 3DS version too but I heard some mixed opinions on it and decided to wait on it.

So I finally got Resident Evil Revelations, but it took some phone calls and a bit of luck to come across a copy. But it is seriously fun. The story seems a bit lame (even by Resident Evil standards), but I would recommend it if you're a fan of the series, or even zombies in general.

Hooray! I got street pass tag #500 and population #200 yesterday! Happened at the same time. Had 4 people in the plaza when I checked and got both milestones from those 4. Had a total of 9 tags on the day!

My population would probably be near 1000 if I didn't delete everyone I met in game and not through street pass.

So I went to buy Resident Evil Revelations yesterday, only to find out it was sold out everywhere the day before, when it came out. What the hell? lol

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I think people were buying up the mis spelled boxes. Maybe as a collectors item of to flip for a profit.

2d0d0531dc0a4ca901c80b994f75f7a1.jpg

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I think people were buying up the mis spelled boxes. Maybe as a collectors item of to flip for a profit.

I didn't notice that, lol. That's on my case too. I guess that could explain why each shop was sent limited copies, as Nintendo caught the problem and wanted to rectify it.

Hooray! I got street pass tag #500 and population #200 yesterday! Happened at the same time. Had 4 people in the plaza when I checked and got both milestones from those 4. Had a total of 9 tags on the day!

My population would probably be near 1000 if I didn't delete everyone I met in game and not through street pass.

Awesome! I've hardly been getting any tags recently. After the three I had at the Olympic Oval last weekend, I've had one tag all week :(

Europe had a misspelled game box too.

erreur_boite.jpg

Do companies not have any QC for their boxes?

I didn't notice that, lol. That's on my case too. I guess that could explain why each shop was sent limited copies, as Nintendo caught the problem and wanted to rectify it.

I've been looking for the game too. Wish I got a typo box, may be worth something one day.

• 1 month later...

So I got my 3DS a year ago yesterday. Just posting my numbers for reference for a year from now ::D

StreetPass Tags: 610

Plaza Population: 226

Steps Taken 1,980,402

Got mine a year ago today.

Streetpass Tags: 332

Plaza Population: 249

Steps Taken: 707,417

Playtime: 278:25

• 2 months later...

Sunday I went and bought Mario Tennis. I came home and tried to play it only to discover my "A" button no longer worked. I mentioned it to Waterboy99troop and he said to check if it's still under warranty. I went on the website and saw they were open Sundays so I called them and discovered it was still covered ! They emailed me a way bill so I dropped it off at Purolator an hour later. I got it back today, and instead of fixing they just transferred the data and gave me a whole new unit!!! Now my old one that was scratched quite a bit, had the scratch lines on the 3D screen from closing it is gone. I also had the "wobbly hinge" that was notorious on first release units, now it's nice and solid when it's open. I am extremely pleased with the service I got.

Sunday I went and bought Mario Tennis. I came home and tried to play it only to discover my "A" button no longer worked. I mentioned it to Waterboy99troop and he said to check if it's still under warranty. I went on the website and saw they were open Sundays so I called them and discovered it was still covered ! They emailed me a way bill so I dropped it off at Purolator an hour later. I got it back today, and instead of fixing they jut transferred the data and gave me a whole new unit!!! Now my old one that was scratched quite a bit, had the scratch lines on the 3D screen from closing it is gone. I also had the "wobbly hinge" that was notorious on first release units, now it's nice and solid when it's open. I am extremely pleased with the service I got.

That's awesome! Never dealt with them personally but I've always read good things about Nintendo's customer service. My DSLite did break at the hinge years ago but it was a Japanese system so I didn't bother sending it in. l also like the fact that Nintendo of Canada is in Richmond. :)

That's awesome! Never dealt with them personally but I've always read good things about Nintendo's customer service. My DSLite did break at the hinge years ago but it was a Japanese system so I didn't bother sending it in. l also like the fact that Nintendo of Canada is in Richmond. :)

Yeah, I was pretty happy. Didn't realize how much the colour on my Aqua Blue faded, this new one is such a brighter colour now. It's cool to have one that in mint condition again, and to have one where the screen isnt floppy is great. And to top it all off, I didn't lose any of my street pass tags or puzzle pieces !!!

Nintendo isn't in Richmond anymore. I know you use to be able to see it just before the night street bridge, but now it's in Vancouver near Broadway and Renfrew. At least that's where I shipped to.

Yeah, I was pretty happy. Didn't realize how much the colour on my Aqua Blue faded, this new one is such a brighter colour now. It's cool to have one that in mint condition again, and to have one where the screen isnt floppy is great. And to top it all off, I didn't lose any of my street pass tags or puzzle pieces !!!

Nintendo isn't in Richmond anymore. I know you use to be able to see it just before the night street bridge, but now it's in Vancouver near Broadway and Renfrew. At least that's where I shipped to.

Hmm maybe the repair centre is in Vancouver. I got something from Club Nintendo last month and it came from the Richmond address.

I love the new purple colour 3DS, I wish it had come out at launch :(

Archived