The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

Wow $250? No thank you. The revolutionary Gameboy was first priced at $190 and also required 6 AA batteries. And now this supposedly new revolutionary 3D gaming device is at $250? I guess it's also because I find no need for portable gaming now, but still the price is also a little over the top.

Yeah, no thank you.

The Wii wasn't state of the art for when it came out.

It is and never was state of the art.

Maybe "state of the art" wasn't the correct choice of words. It was the first console to primarily use a motion sensing remote. And other than remotes getting thrown directly into TVs, I am not sure if there were any bugs to it. I don't believe they have ever had any or many issues with any of their consoles.

Wow $250? No thank you. The revolutionary Gameboy was first priced at $190 and also required 6 AA batteries. And now this supposedly new revolutionary 3D gaming device is at $250? I guess it's also because I find no need for portable gaming now, but still the price is also a little over the top.

Yeah, no thank you.

Gameboy only required 4 AAs ;)

I'm gonna wait until the PSP2 is revealed before I commit to any of these portable games.

The 3DS launch titles are pretty weak atm and they probably won't have their internet set up for a bit after launch.

lol, 3D dictochat or should I say 3Dictochat

they already have their "internet" setup for the DS/DSi, there is no delay to the online potion for the 3DS. Also, all the DSi-ware games are available for the 3DS.

though i'll be holding off on purchasing until after the wife and I move. Not really in the position to drop 250 right now.

• 2 months later...

I did, online though so I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'll probably have it on Wednesday :)

Have you checked your order status online? Mine still says "Checking availability". I was in Best Buy yesterday and they had them in stock, I could have bought it off the shelf but instead I pre ordered it 2 months ago because I thought it would be impossible to find like every other console that's come out in the last 5 years.

Have you checked your order status online? Mine still says "Checking availability". I was in Best Buy yesterday and they had them in stock, I could have bought it off the shelf but instead I pre ordered it 2 months ago because I thought it would be impossible to find like every other console that's come out in the last 5 years.

I received it today actually! I didn't get to play with it much though because I had to go to work. How are you liking it so far? The 3D effect is a bit different than I imagined but still looks good. Didn't get any games yet as I was waiting to read the reviews first. For now I'm going to play with the firmware games. And I'll try the Streetpass tomorrow.

I don't understand why anyone would drop 250$ for something like this? I mean sure it's a "Game Changer" but it's the first round of these handhelds so they're probably going to be buggy as hell.

Nintendo's a beast. They just know how to make gaming consoles work. Why would people drop $250? Maybe they really want it or 250 isn't a lot of money for them? Some people like to try things when they're actually new. It's not that hard to understand. It's not like those ipad's are worth it either, but people buy them like crazy.

Now, if Xbox tries this I'd probably wait about 8 years for their final version.

I received it today actually! I didn't get to play with it much though because I had to go to work. How are you liking it so far? The 3D effect is a bit different than I imagined but still looks good. Didn't get any games yet as I was waiting to read the reviews first. For now I'm going to play with the firmware games. And I'll try the Streetpass tomorrow.

I love it so far, the 3D is pretty cool. What were you expecting the 3D to be like? I bought lego star wars with it and there's a couple missions where you fly a Y wing and you have lazers and space debris coming right at you, it's great :D

I took it out with me last night when I went to Richmond Centre in hopes the street pass would detect someone else with a 3DS, but it didn't :( I don't see that feature working THAT well, especially when it's about a year old and no one carries them around any more.

I love it so far, the 3D is pretty cool. What were you expecting the 3D to be like? I bought lego star wars with it and there's a couple missions where you fly a Y wing and you have lazers and space debris coming right at you, it's great :D

I took it out with me last night when I went to Richmond Centre in hopes the street pass would detect someone else with a 3DS, but it didn't :( I don't see that feature working THAT well, especially when it's about a year old and no one carries them around any more.

i'm sure it would work great walking around downtown or at the mall. transit should work well also.

Archived