The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

:picard:

I'm talking about how when the Wii U launched, lots of casual's / people who are not into gaming really had no idea what the Wii U was.

Didn't know if it was a new DS because of the controller, or if it was another version of the Wii, or whatever.

You think it'll be fun explaining this to parents?

"Hi, do you sell 2DS games?"

"Actually, the 2DS is a 3DS. So it plays 3DS and DS games, but it can't play 3DS games in 3D."

People are going to be confsued. It sounds simple to you and I, but to the parents buying this thing for their little kids. It's going to be a nightmare.

The concept itself isn't a bad idea. It's just the name and the way they market things is confusing to the average person that doesn't follow this stuff.

This is exactly what I was thinking, while it's not a bad idea for young kids who might break the hinge on the normal 3DS, or as a cheaper way to play Pokemon X/Y, non-gamers aren't going to understand that 2DS plays 3DS games.

This is exactly what I was thinking, while it's not a bad idea for young kids who might break the hinge on the normal 3DS, or as a cheaper way to play Pokemon X/Y, non-gamers aren't going to understand that 2DS plays 3DS games.

there's a giant sticker on the front that says it plays all 3DS and DS games in 2D

304653_1280.jpg

even casual gamers/nongamers/parents can figure that one out.

I dunno I think it's kinda cool. Kinda reminds me of my game gear days. That said though I'd definitely look into something like this for my 4 yr old. I just hope they focused on the durable part. He isn't friendly with electronics yet. He goes through game controllers as fast as I do.

pokemon-xy-3ds-xl_blue-box_rgb.jpg pokemon-xy-3ds-xl_blue-hardware_rgb.jpg pokemon-xy-3ds-xl_red-box_rgb.jpg pokemon-xy-3ds-xl_red-hardware_rgb.jpg

Special Nintendo 3DS Systems Coming Soon!

Look for limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems featuring the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal in stores September 27th!

The excitement for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continues to build with the announcement of two limited-edition Nintendo 3DS systems! These systems feature the likenesses of Xerneas and Yveltal, the two Legendary Pokémon that grace the covers of the Pokémon Xand Pokémon Y game boxes.

The limited-edition Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Nintendo 3DS systems will be available beginning on September 27th. Supplies will be limited, so don’t miss the opportunity to share your excitement for Pokémon with these cool new systems!

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games sold separately.

Now why did Nintendo have to go and do that? I was perfectly fine with my current 3ds. Jerks!

You don't need one. It's no better than the 3DS. You have young children correct ? It would be good for them.

It's basically just a 3DS that can't display in 3D saving a younger crowds eyes.

Does it still street pass ? If so.... there's the streetpass tags you aren't getting in small town :)

Edit: Are you talking 2DS or Pokemon 3DS ?

• 2 weeks later...

I got AC:New Leaf on the weekend and just received my building permit today. Enjoying the game so far can't wait until my town fills out a little more.

Also looking forward to the new pokemon game, love the 3rd person view.

I'm so obsessed with fire emblem awakening. It may be the single greatest game I have ever played.

Awakening was brilliant. I don't think I've ever played a game that made me think so hard... I'd spend 10 minutes sometimes before even making a move, things got so intense near the end. Definitely gets my nod as the best 3DS game released so far, although my expectations are very high for Pokemon X&Y.

Awakening was brilliant. I don't think I've ever played a game that made me think so hard... I'd spend 10 minutes sometimes before even making a move, things got so intense near the end. Definitely gets my nod as the best 3DS game released so far, although my expectations are very high for Pokemon X&Y.

There are other good tactical turn based strategy games out there, but it's probably my favourite on that front. It's not even the only game with permanent death either, but I don't think there's another game where I want to make sure my characters survive as much as I do with this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My gameboy SP broke. Should I buy a DS for 80 bucks to play ds and gb games, or should I buy a 3ds? How good are the new pokemon games for 3DS? I really only want a DS to play my pokemon emerald and other games.

If you're going to buy a used DS, 80 bucks is pretty expensive. I've seen them going for $60-70. I would personally upgrade to the 3DS, I really enjoyed the new Pokemon games. It's a huge change and they did pretty well with it for the most part, even if I had high expectations for it haha. You can also buy the 2DS, it's cheaper but doesn't fold. I never use the 3D function on my 3DS because it makes me dizzy, and the 3D effects for a lot of games suck. If you miss your old games, you could always find some roms and download a good emulator like Desmume.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody got A Link Between Worlds yet? I'm thinking I'll wait until I'm done finals, but I'm really excited to play this game. A Link to the Past was my favourite Zelda game and I'm really liking what I've seen from the previews of ALBW so far.

Mario Party: Island Tour also came out today, I'm considering getting that one soon too, if only so I can play minigames with my friends and have some sort of mindless fun available on the 3DS.

Anybody got A Link Between Worlds yet? I'm thinking I'll wait until I'm done finals, but I'm really excited to play this game. A Link to the Past was my favourite Zelda game and I'm really liking what I've seen from the previews of ALBW so far.

Mario Party: Island Tour also came out today, I'm considering getting that one soon too, if only so I can play minigames with my friends and have some sort of mindless fun available on the 3DS.

I got the limited edition 3DS that came with it, though it isn't the Zelda game I've been playing. I had to buy OoT 3D, I was fiending to get it ever since it came out, but I missed out on the last Zelda LE 3DS so when I heard this one was coming out, I jumped on it

I got the limited edition 3DS that came with it, though it isn't the Zelda game I've been playing. I had to buy OoT 3D, I was fiending to get it ever since it came out, but I missed out on the last Zelda LE 3DS so when I heard this one was coming out, I jumped on it

I bought the Zelda 3dsxl as well. It'll be sad to say goodbye to the one I bought on launch day, but I am sure it'll find a good home.

Currently playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. The game itself is fairly messed up and dark, but as a game it makes for an intriguing play. A choose your own adventure come puzzle game, where the choices you make can get yourself and others killed, as you try and escape this weird prison.

I'm really liking it.

Archived