The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

Yeah I got SMB, LoZ, and Yoshi. They could have made it more clear on how to download them, or add in the restore point function that the other VC games have. I guess they'll be adding that in later on once the games are available to everyone else.

Yeah I got SMB, LoZ, and Yoshi. They could have made it more clear on how to download them, or add in the restore point function that the other VC games have. I guess they'll be adding that in later on once the games are available to everyone else.

Yeah, I was sad when I realized I couldn't restore. Would have made it possible for me to beat games I never could before.

Somewhat popular. I can think of a few people that have them, though most of them are from abroad as well. Mostly xbox360's here as well, from what I can tell. PC gaming is far more popular, and affordable.

Went I went shopping I found out that 3DS games here were literally double the price of regular DS games. 2800 Rupees, or about $65, or the same as a xbox360 game. I guess I won't have to worry about all the good games coming out during Christmas, because I won't be buying any until then (when I'm back in Canada.)

Wow, why the crazy price? What region's games are there, North America?

Yeah, I was sad when I realized I couldn't restore. Would have made it possible for me to beat games I never could before.

I don't think I'm going to bother getting into the NES games just yet, until they add the restore function. As is, Zelda has an inconvenient saving system. The original game required you to use the second controller in order to save. And in the 3DS one you have to press L + R + Y to switch controllers, and then press Up and A to save.

So I wonder what Nintendo's 3DS announcement will be? 3DSLite? :(http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1192028p1.html

Asia, I believe. I know for a fact that most PC games are distributed by various Indian companies that set their own prices. Not sure if that's how it works for gaming systems, since I haven't bought any.

But, yeah... I'm not paying $65 for a 3DS game.

I don't think I'm going to bother getting into the NES games just yet, until they add the restore function. As is, Zelda has an inconvenient saving system. The original game required you to use the second controller in order to save. And in the 3DS one you have to press L + R + Y to switch controllers, and then press Up and A to save.

So I wonder what Nintendo's 3DS announcement will be? 3DSLite? :(http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1192028p1.html

hopefully 3DS XL, then I'll grab one up.

The only remodel I could see making sense would be one that increases the battery life. I've read the rumors about adding a second circle pad, but that would cause new games that took advantage of the second pad to be unplayable on the older 3DS models. And that would be a PR disaster.

So 3DS WILL have a second circle pad, or Slide Pad as it says in the scan. But it's an addon. I think it looks too bulky. Makes me think of SEGA's Genesis addons.

Nintendo Adding Second Circle Pad "Expansion" to 3DS

It's not a new system, just a peripheral.

It's not a 3DS Lite (yet), but Nintendo is preparing a peripheral that will add a second circle pad to the Nintendo 3DS.

UPDATE: Courtesy of Twitter user south1996 comes a scan from Famitsu, confirming reports of Nintendo preparing a Circle Pad peripheral.

nintendo-adding-second-circle-pad-to-3ds-20110906085635045-001.jpgWe're trademarking the name "3DS Boat"... now.

The device, which is technically being called a "Expansion Slide Pad" in Japan according to Andriasang, clips onto the entire system, like a cradle, adding a second circle pad to the right of the 3DS. The cradle will then add a centimeter or two of thickness in all directions. It's unknown if the "expansion" will offer any other features. Famitsu's story lists the release date and price as "TBA."

What's most interesting is the report and photos of the device are being run alongside the announcement of Monster Hunter 3G. It's still unknown if the expansion is meant mostly for 3G, or even if it was developed entirely with 3G in mind. All questions for the future, perhaps.

Nintendo is set to hold a press conference early next week - perhaps the device will make its formal debut there?

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192682p1.html

So 3DS WILL have a second circle pad, or Slide Pad as it says in the scan. But it's an addon. I think it looks too bulky. Makes me think of SEGA's Genesis addons.

What? So will the new 3DS model come with these dual analogues as well? They had better not be trying to make this some sort of standard for their games, because I won't be walking around with that add-on, nor should anyone have to pay for it, if all their games become dual analogue based.

From the short life of the 3DS, what I can say is Nintendo must really hate their existing/paying/loyal customers.

What? So will the new 3DS model come with these dual analogues as well? They had better not be trying to make this some sort of standard for their games, because I won't be walking around with that add-on, nor should anyone have to pay for it, if all their games become dual analogue based.

From the short life of the 3DS, what I can say is Nintendo must really hate their existing/paying/loyal customers.

It's apparently a pack-in with Monster Hunter 3G. So it doesn't sound like it will be used for many games. The problem is that if it does become a standard for their games, it makes the vanilla 3DS unusable with new games. That would pretty much be the end of the 3DS. Who would want to walk around with that add-on? And if they make a new 3DS model that doesn't look so bulky, you'd be forced to buy it to stay up to date. GG Nintendo!

monster hunter 3G, eh? sound's like I'll be getting a 3DS soon (loves me some omnster hunter, I'm still playing MH Tri on the Wii to this day). Maybe I'll wait for the built in version before picking it up, because you know it's coming. it's a direct response to PSV, and will become the standard before/when the vita launches. They really should have included it to begin with, but W/E I don't own one yet, so i don't lose out. sucks to be the early adopters now. huge price drop, new add-on, and a new model looming in the foreseeable, not to distant, future that will make your model obsolete henceforth without the bulky add-on. and what do you get for your trouble? a couple games...

Lame.... So now You have to chose between keeping your 3DS in a case or being able to use the add on. And good luck selling this Nintendo. You've barely sold any consoles, you're trying to get more consoles sold so developers will get on board and make games, and now you give people an excuse to hold off buying.

monster hunter 3G, eh? sound's like I'll be getting a 3DS soon (loves me some omnster hunter, I'm still playing MH Tri on the Wii to this day). Maybe I'll wait for the built in version before picking it up, because you know it's coming. it's a direct response to PSV, and will become the standard before/when the vita launches. They really should have included it to begin with, but W/E I don't own one yet, so i don't lose out. sucks to be the early adopters now. huge price drop, new add-on, and a new model looming in the foreseeable, not to distant, future that will make your model obsolete henceforth without the bulky add-on. and what do you get for your trouble? a couple games...

Capcom currently has no plans to release MH3G here. What a stupid move. But I agree it sucks to be an early adopter in this case. I've enjoyed my time with it thus far though so I won't complain.

Going to BCIT in Burnaby = lots of tags. 4 yesterday, 2 today and all were unique. If only I could tag all 6 every day ::D

Nice :) Recently I've been getting repeat tags at Richmond Centre.

Archived