The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

I decided to try FreakyForms from the E-Shop, it looks silly but it's fun to create weird creatures and have them run around. Still not done 3D Land so I don't know when I'll have time to play MK7...

Picked up MK7 today. Tried some online games, now my plaza population has exploded! Anyone you play against online will end up in your plaza.

Picked up MK7 today. Tried some online games, now my plaza population has exploded! Anyone you play against online will end up in your plaza.

I picked up MK7 as well. I read that if you disable Spotpass for MK7, the Miis you play online against stop showing up in your plaza.

Edit: Also read you can go into the Mii Plaza's settings and set 'invite Mii' option to no. Haven't tried either of this yet myself.

got my 3ds only took a week for shipping through airmiles the downside no stylist but i picked one up along with pokemon soul silver mario kart 7 and super mario land 3d. im really hoping for a donkey kong game and metroid game in the future

first impression so far really impressed with this handheld especially graphics wise

also just curious if anyone has experienced a motion sickness type feeling with the 3d on full it seems i can only take 10-15 minutes of 3d before turning it off.

The update is live! Used all my 300 coins to play Find Mii II, just about finished the last boss. Or what looks like the boss.

I never experienced any motion sickness with the 3D but I heard it has happened.

I did the same. Hired you quite a few times since you're one of 3 level 7s I have.

I did the same. Hired you quite a few times since you're one of 3 level 7s I have.

Hired you as well, you're the only level 7 I have. The other two I hired were level 5s.

Looks like there is a ton of new hats available.

What new puzzle did everyone get? Waterboy and myself both got Pilotwings. Just curious how many others there are.

I got Pilotwings as well. Seems like everyone I know of from BC so far got Pilotwings.

I've read of people getting Mario 3D Land, Star Fox, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Zelda OoT.

I was hoping to get more tags today so I can get more puzzle pieces but I got none! Figures.

powered through 50cc of MK7 and 3-star'd all of them... just getting started on 100cc...

3-star'd almost all of 50cc as well, except for 2 stars on Special cup... screwed up on Rainbow Road too many times.

I skipped to 150cc to unlock Shy Guy and a few others, the AI seems to know exactly when to hit you with lighting or blue shell to screw you over. :(

Definitely not a fan of online players becoming part of my plaza. I like my plaza to be people I actually walked by and not just randomly played online. At this rate I'm going to be at 1000 by new years. I don't really want to turn off street pass for it though since it has really fun street pass games. I guess I'll just delete the Miis out of my plaza. It's just too bad it can't be like street fighter where you get to play them, but they don't add to your plaza.

Alright, that's done. I turned "invite mii" off which apparently should fix the problem. Street pass is on so I should be able to still get street pass tags but my plaza won't be overly inflated. I also erased the 57 miis in my plaza I picked up in the last week playing mario kart.

I'd rather my plaza be people I actually walked by then just played online.

On a side note, my girlfriend went Christmas shopping today so I threw my 3DS in her purse. She got me 7 tags !!!!

3-star'd almost all of 50cc as well, except for 2 stars on Special cup... screwed up on Rainbow Road too many times.

I skipped to 150cc to unlock Shy Guy and a few others, the AI seems to know exactly when to hit you with lighting or blue shell to screw you over. :(

i 2-star'd 100cc star cup, even though i got the full 40 pts... i guess you really have to win every race with a sizable lead... i was really close on maka wuhu because of shells, including one blue one...

Alright, that's done. I turned "invite mii" off which apparently should fix the problem. Street pass is on so I should be able to still get street pass tags but my plaza won't be overly inflated. I also erased the 57 miis in my plaza I picked up in the last week playing mario kart.

I'd rather my plaza be people I actually walked by then just played online.

On a side note, my girlfriend went Christmas shopping today so I threw my 3DS in her purse. She got me 7 tags !!!!

Yeah I don't like the idea of the plaza being inflated by online Mii's. Haven't played Mario Kart online yet but I already turned "invite Mii" off.

7 tags, that's awesome :) I still haven't gotten any since the update, even after walking around the mall twice. :(

Yeah I don't like the idea of the plaza being inflated by online Mii's. Haven't played Mario Kart online yet but I already turned "invite Mii" off.

7 tags, that's awesome :) I still haven't gotten any since the update, even after walking around the mall twice. :(

I'll try and do one of my stalker tags on you this week :)

Haha sounds good.

After going to Gamestop and Starbucks today, I had two tags. Yipee! However they had no new puzzle pieces. Guess they aren't finished the first ones.

I am missing 2 pieces on the pilot wings puzzle plus the 4 purple ones in the middle which you can't buy. Not sure how you get them if you can't buy them. Guess you have to get lucky and tag someone who was randomly given that one to start.

Girlfriend is out Christmas shopping again so I through it in her purse. Hope she has another successful day !

I am missing 2 pieces on the pilot wings puzzle plus the 4 purple ones in the middle which you can't buy. Not sure how you get them if you can't buy them. Guess you have to get lucky and tag someone who was randomly given that one to start.

I'm pretty sure it said that you can also get the purple ones via Spotpass at some point. I find though that if I don't have the 3DS on or connected to WiFi when the Spotpass message gets sent out, then I don't receive it. :(

As someone who will likely only be picking up one new game soon, would Mario Land or Mario Kart be a better option?

I would say Mario Kart, I have both games but I find myself playing Mario Kart more. It helps though if you are already a Mario Kart fan.

Archived