The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

What do you guys think of Mario 3D Land? I'm in the mood for a platformer and I'm debating between that and NSMB 2

It was enjoyable and fun while it lasted, overall I would say it was good but not great. For a Mario game it was average. Never played NSMB 2 so I don't know how it would compare.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop or something. Even thought first party Nintendo games rarely drop in price <_<

• 4 weeks later...
393284036914.0_cinema_960.0.jpeg

Nintendo's first free-to-play game based on Steel Diver, will include multiplayer battles

By Dave Tach on Jun 18, 2013 at 5:42p @dptach

Nintendo's first free-to-play game is based on Steel Diver, Nintendo senior managing director Shigeru Miyamoto told IGN.

Steel Diver was a single-player and multiplayer Nintendo 3DS launch title when the console was released in 2011. The side-scrolling game put players at the helm of a submarine, performing underwater missions. Miyamoto said that the upcoming free-to-play game will include battle-focused multiplayer.

"There is something we're doing with the Steel Diver idea that I think is going to open things up with that game," Miyamoto said.

"It's going to be very fun. We're exploring from a perspective of where we can take that from a multiplayer standpoint — it's going to have this four-player battle mode that I think is going to be very interesting."

Miyamoto did not offer information on platforms or a release date, but that the company is "hoping to be able to show relatively soon."

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata announced last week during E3 that the game would launch this fiscal year, which ends in March 2014.

SOURCE: IGN

• 4 weeks later...

Just sayin', I bought a 3DS just for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I couldn't have made a better choice. Such an epic game, played AC when I was younger and loved it so much, this hasn't changed. The thing I love about AC is that you can play a little every day, you don't need to overindulge, I play around 30 mins - 1 hour every day (for the most part). NOSTALGIC GAME for me..

I haven't played Animal Crossing and I'm not sure if I will, although I keep hearing about how good it is... I've just never played the series before and I don't know what it's about. But I finished Fire Emblem Awakening a couple of weeks ago which was FANTASTIC. High difficulty level, interesting plot, and the strategy element really makes you think. I'm thinking of getting Luigi's Mansion 2 next, or Rayman Origins. I've also heard good things about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate... anyone have something they'd recommend? I just need something to bide my time before Pokemon X&Y come out in October. :)

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll wait for a price drop or something. Even thought first party Nintendo games rarely drop in price <_<

no kidding i know this is the 3ds thread but i was at eb games today and there was a new copy of new super mario bros wii for 64.99 like any other title would of dropped to 10-20 bucks by now but no they still ask for 64.99 for a game that old is crazy

no kidding i know this is the 3ds thread but i was at eb games today and there was a new copy of new super mario bros wii for 64.99 like any other title would of dropped to 10-20 bucks by now but no they still ask for 64.99 for a game that old is crazy

supply and demand, people are still buying it at the higher price, they don't need to drop the price.

supply and demand, people are still buying it at the higher price, they don't need to drop the price.

i highly doubt people are still buying new super mario bros wii at 64.99 and if it were supply and demand there would be more games then just nintendo at a high price years after release

So I went to the Animal Crossing event at EXP, it was pretty fun. Got a few milestones while I was there. My 1,000th tag, population hit 500, achievement for meeting someone from 10 different countries, and a record high 51 tags in a day.

So I went to the Animal Crossing event at EXP, it was pretty fun. Got a few milestones while I was there. My 1,000th tag, population hit 500, achievement for meeting someone from 10 different countries, and a record high 51 tags in a day.

How do you end up with so many? Is it living in a big population or through dream suite? I saw some other posts where folks were giving out their dream suite codes to get a certain amount of visitors but I cannot find where my stats would be. The one thing I dislike about this game is the need for friend codes to visit other places in order to take things back with you. Back in the day I could visit random offline towns to get the items I couldn't get in my town.

How do you end up with so many? Is it living in a big population or through dream suite? I saw some other posts where folks were giving out their dream suite codes to get a certain amount of visitors but I cannot find where my stats would be. The one thing I dislike about this game is the need for friend codes to visit other places in order to take things back with you. Back in the day I could visit random offline towns to get the items I couldn't get in my town.

I have meeting online turned off, so my tags and population are legitimate. Actually, you can only get population from playing online and not actual tags.

I guess it's just population. If I go downtown for the day, I can easily get 4-5 tags. I've tagged one friend approximately 130 times. They've actually updated that part, before once you hit 99 tags it stopped counting, but now you can go over 100. I've been to 3 Animal Crossing meetups, so I got about 100 tags from that. Lots of stuff I guess, I bought it on release day so I've been collecting since day 1.

Where do you live ? What kind of tag and population numbers do you have ?

I bought Etrian Oddyssey IV 2 weeks ago, but I haven't really gotten a proper chance to get into it.

Will probably be picking up Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Fire Emblem Awakening very soon as well.

how many people were in cosplay?

I have meeting online turned off, so my tags and population are legitimate. Actually, you can only get population from playing online and not actual tags.

I guess it's just population. If I go downtown for the day, I can easily get 4-5 tags. I've tagged one friend approximately 130 times. They've actually updated that part, before once you hit 99 tags it stopped counting, but now you can go over 100. I've been to 3 Animal Crossing meetups, so I got about 100 tags from that. Lots of stuff I guess, I bought it on release day so I've been collecting since day 1.

Where do you live ? What kind of tag and population numbers do you have ?

I live in small town in southern Alberta. Not much if any in the way of tags. Had a couple kids on my street I was tagging regularly but they moved out before animal crossing so I'm down to none. I try to take the ds out with me when running errands for the wife but maybe get once a month if I'm lucky. I had an uneasy feeling it was population.

Ugggh figures I would buy Animal Crossing today and miss out on that event... I didn't even know about it, or I would have bought the game sooner. :( Oh well, maybe I'll pick up tags/population some other way. Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far, still shaking trees and selling shells to make money but at least I've got a tent to sleep in.

Also picked up Rayman Origins today - it was only $20 so I figured I might as well. The art is just gorgeous, I find myself just watching the backgrounds sometimes... it's pretty easy so far but like most Rayman games I expect it'll get a lot tougher in a very short amount of time.

I bought Etrian Oddyssey IV 2 weeks ago, but I haven't really gotten a proper chance to get into it.

Will probably be picking up Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Fire Emblem Awakening very soon as well.

FE: Awakening is hands down the best game I've played on 3DS, it's just so well put together. I want to try SMT as well, but I figure I should wait a while so I can catch up on Animal Crossing and Rayman.... and shield my bank account a little. :P

Archived