The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

"us guys"? Well if that isn't racially insensitive I don't know what is.

But seriously I haven't even seen the MW3 thread let alone post in it as I am sure over half of the regulars of this thread probably haven't either. So don't make it a petty, he said she said, he did this squabble and just don't post here if you don't like the game because I know I don't care in the least bit and I'm sure nobody else in this thread does either.

It is not that I took offense personally it is more that why would you come into a thread just to talk bad about the game and promote another when you could just go to the MW3 thread, seems pretty stupid especially after he complained about the BF people going into the CoD thread. Just seems a little childish and hypocritical to me maybe it would be different if he tried to start a convo about the differences or what he liked but disliked but as it is he came in and ripped on the game about all the same problems CoD has.

My comment wasn't directed at you. When highly popular and highly comparable games like MW3 and BF3 come out at the same time, there are going to be obvious comparisons. My point was, that something about these games causes people to so very strongly defend it's honour (particularly CoD). Like NightHawkSniper suggested, they treat it as almost a creation of their own.

I haven't played either game, but I'm sure even if I did, I wouldn't understand what causes such deep polarization between fans of the 2. And creates this weird situation where you see people treating a criticism of a game aspect as a slight against themselves (maybe they take their video game tastes very seriously.)

Archived