The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

You guys have any tips for a bf3 newbie?

I'm coming from the call of duty series, and this game is soooo different. Coming from basically only caring about kd ratio to having to play complicated objective based games where I somehow end up with a 2-11kd with a whopping 700 points after a 20 minute game... Its kinda frustrating.

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around upgrading weapons/classes... Doesn't seem likes there's many options at all. And changing anything seems pretty complicated. Can you only change this stuff at the beginning of the game? Can you not do it in the lobby between games? I can't even figure out how to exit the lobby without restarting my ps3 haha

And don't get me started on flying planes or helicopters. I've murdered countless teammates in the process.

This game needs a training mode.

It's not that easy to see. I have no time to look for a small red light when I have jets, choppers, tanks and infantry to dodge. It's near impossible to dodge the soflam + javelin combo. It's only a matter of time before you get killed if they're both up.

I'm coming from the call of duty series, and this game is soooo different. Coming from basically only caring about kd ratio to having to play complicated objective based games where I somehow end up with a 2-11kd with a whopping 700 points after a 20 minute game... Its kinda frustrating.

I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around upgrading weapons/classes... Doesn't seem likes there's many options at all. And changing anything seems pretty complicated. Can you only change this stuff at the beginning of the game? Can you not do it in the lobby between games? I can't even figure out how to exit the lobby without restarting my ps3 haha

And don't get me started on flying planes or helicopters. I've murdered countless teammates in the process.

Just started playing this game & LOVE it - but man, I suck... I'm a complete noob here - first ever online game for me, so nothing to compare to, but it's waaaay more fun than just playing the campaign or special ops on COD (my only other similar gaming experience).

I'm racking up about 1 kill for every 20 or so deaths, but it sure feels great when I finally do whack someone - especially at a distance! It's going to take a LONG time to get the upgrades to a decent rifle and scope, but when I do watch out!

Archived